“Would not recommend for non-smokers”

Super 8 Roseville/Detroit Area
Ranked #3 of 9 Hotels in Roseville
Pinon Hills
“Would not recommend for non-smokers”
Reviewed 11 May 2014

The hotel smelled of cigarette smoke from the time I opened the front door to my room. I thought it must have been the person smoking outside that caused it but that was quickly dispelled. The smell never left and when we came back later that day, I had more issues.

I was quoted a 75% off through WyndhamRewards. We arrived at 2am on a Monday morning and got checked in. I didn't realize until we were out and about that afternoon that I was charged the full amount, instead of the promised discount. When I asked the front desk clerk, I was told that I have to contact Wyndham in order to get the price difference refunded to me.

Both issues were hard to ignore. Since I do not smoke and neither were the people with me, I had to look for another hotel. Luckily, I found a Microtel just around the corner that was a pleasant surprise. If not for the misleading 75% off, I would have probably ended up there.

I called Wyndham on Monday afternoon and was told that I will get a call back within 24 hours. I'm still waiting for that call 4 days later and as of this review.

Room Tip: Unless you like the smell of cigarette in the morning and every waking hour after that while in your...
  • Stayed May 2014, travelled with family

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (5)
Reviewed 6 May 2014 via mobile

I've stayed and least 10 times, and every time I was very happy with my stay. Clean rooms good housekeeping. Felt comfortable. And Tanya who's works the midnight shift, is very friendly, and always helpful. I enjoyed my stay.

• Stayed March 2014
1 Thank Katie K
Dundas
Reviewed 2 March 2014

Great location, Ez in Ez out. Clean odour free location approx 1/2 way between Detroit and port Huron. Reasonably priced and offers a AAA discount. Owner/operator very personable. For the sake of a 1/2hr drive this is a relaxing venue.

• Stayed February 2014, travelled solo
Review collected in partnership with Super 8

Reviewed 15 January 2014 via mobile

The motel room was very nice and clean. The staff was very friendly and courteous. For out of towners like myself, it was perfectly located. 20min drive to the Somerset collection Mall, 30min drive to the Great Lakes Crossin outlet and 20 minutes to downtown Detroit.
Walmart is down the street and sams club, jcpenny is right behind in walking distance. Macomb mall is only 3-4mins. Metro park is only 10mins. There are many great things to do in the area (movie theatres, bowling alleys). So many restaurants too! I really enjoyed my few days at the place!

• Stayed January 2014
Brownstown Township, Michigan
Reviewed 10 January 2014 via mobile

Their rooms are new//flat screen TV in king size bed that I had. With micro/fridge/wifi and a great breakfast. Front desk guy was very helpful and friendly. I luv this place for the decent price they charge. Over all happy!!

• Stayed December 2013
Super8roseville, Front Office Manager at Super 8 Roseville/Detroit Area, responded to this review, 11 January 2014
Thank you for taking the time out of your busy schudle to complet the TripAdvisor survey. We are extremely glad you were happy with our motel and look forward to being of service to you in the very near future.
Regards,
Debbie Burger
Front Desk Manager
Also consider these accommodations in or near Roseville
Red Roof Inn Detroit St Clair Shores
Baymont Inn & Suites Detroit/roseville
Extended Stay America - Detroit - Roseville
Holiday Inn Express Roseville
Hampton Inn Detroit Roseville
Hampton Inn Detroit Roseville
#1 of 2 in Clinton Township
Quality Inn And Suites Detroit Warren Tech Center

Been to Super 8 Roseville/Detroit Area? Share your experiences!