“WOW!!! I Can't Believe This Place Has any Business”

A Victory Inn - Roseville
A Victory Inn - Roseville
Ranked #9 of 9 Hotels in Roseville
Roseville, Michigan
“WOW!!! I Can't Believe This Place Has any Business”
Reviewed 15 January 2012

So I decided to get my girlfriend a jacuzzi room for her birthday; however, instead of a relaxing and enjoyable atmosphere, it was very disappointing and an unfortunate experience. So we checked into the hotel at approximately 9 pm, and we had prior engagements so we just turned on the heat and left. When we returned at approximately 3 am the room smelt like a sewer. So we complained to the front desk and we were given a can of "De-odorizer" which did absolutely nothing so we were moved into another room to find out the television did not work and then we had to track down remotes to find out that they were malfunctioning as well. So we relocated to room number 3 and finally we got situated at 430 am. I can't believe the way they compensated us for our troubles we were offered a whopping $10.00 and a later checkout. Then upon coming back from lunch 5 minutes later there was a lady with a shopping cart ready to place our belongings in it that consist of a MacBook a Compaq, champagne and various personal items. The Better Business Bureau will here about this and if you wanta jacuzzi room do not stay here!!!!

• Stayed January 2012, travelled as a couple
5 Thank DReese934

Kalamzoo, MI
Reviewed 27 June 2011

Maybe you noticed, maybe you didn't. We paid for two nights for June 24 and June 25, Room 221 (in your opinion one of the" nice" rooms). We opened the door, the room smelled so bad, there was a big iron burn and other burn marks in the carpet. There were food crumbs under the bed-calling all bugs! Our first clue should have been the doors open on some of the other guest rooms-apparantly trying to air their rooms out. We did not take one thing into the room, we closed the door and left. We did not feel safe and the room definitely not clean! We have stayed in small remote villages in the heart of Mexico that have been cleaner than your motel! You cover yourself-no credit and no refunds! Update your pictures and clean your rooms! You did not ruin our weekend away-we found a nice motel for those two nights at a competitor. Yes, well worth paying for another two nights!

• Stayed June 2011, travelled with family
2 Thank Pauley65

Travellers are raving about these Roseville hotels

Reviewed 8 May 2011

When I walked in the room I was instantly disgusted! I was traveling with my 15 month old daughter and did not feel comfortable letting her walk on those floors. It looked like the floors hadn't been vacuumed for a while. This hotel reminds me of a "crack motel" so I was afraid of the things my daughter might put in her mouth. The sheets were slightly stained. The furniture looked like cheap second hand stuff. The mattress was dirty. I did not see any bedbugs so that was a good thing. I could hear everything that was going on in the room next door. The bathroom door didn't close all the way and it had nails hanging from it. This hotel says that they have wifi but I could not get a strong enough signal to get internet access. I felt like I was in a dirty, dingy basement. I would never recommend this motel to anyone.

• Stayed May 2011
3 Thank maple026
Litchfield, Michigan
Reviewed 24 January 2011

I was in town for a family reunion with my daughter and her family. The rooms were very dark with minimal lighting. My daughters room smelled very musty. The bathroom sink leaked profusely when used. At registration it was in BOLD, and you had to sign & initial you understood "NO REFUNDS". That should have been our "clue".

The place was unfit for travelers, more so with small children. The on-line reservation was used. Now that they have the email address, an email generates from EACH and EVERY location on nearly a daily basis. I can understand one email of advertisement but why from each city?

Our family reunion is annually, and this hotel is not one we will ever use again.

• Stayed August 2010, travelled with family
1 Thank Michigan49252
Auburn, Michigan
Reviewed 15 July 2010

Even tho I did not see any bug the feeling was that they were there hiding. The room smelled & when ask for a differant one that one smelled worse then the first. Only light works in bathrooms sink area and bathrrom. Socket hanging out of light next to bed. The soap that was there must have been as old as motel and the towles were only big enought to wash face but could almost see thru them. Take my word you DO NOT want to stay in this motel.

• Stayed July 2010, travelled on business
AVictory, Public Relations Manager at A Victory Inn - Roseville, responded to this review, 20 July 2010
We have well over 21,000 guests per year, stay at our hotel and we are very disappointed that your experience has not been as the 20,999 guests that had a satisfactory stay at A Victory Inn - Roseville.

We thank you for your review and comments; we will look into the matter and make the necessary corrections if needed. Unfortunately, we do not know which room you stayed in or for how many days. We inspect our rooms daily and have a General Manager that is available 24 hours 7 days a week.

We hope that you return to Roseville, Michigan and that your next visit is a pleasant one.

A Victory Hotels Management
Baltimore, MD
Reviewed 6 April 2009

I had to make an emergency trip to Michigan to visit a family member. I booked here because it seemed like it was in the middle of everything. Well....lets just say this place is its own ghetto. The rooms are on the parking lot. Its was filthy I actually checked in and left because I was scared to stay there. It stunk. When I arrived at this place there were people outside their rooms drinking beer...apparently this also houses renters? Also, a note for you to think about...THEY RENT BY THE HOUR!!! Need I say more??

• Stayed April 2009, travelled solo
1 Thank jessewienner
Pittsburgh
Reviewed 25 August 2008

This place is dirty, a non-smoking room with an ashtray and matches provided. The smell in the room was unbelievable. I was going to try to change the room but the overall quality of the place made me feel I wasn't going to get far. Bought pine-sol so I could smell something else. Finally bathroom was overall clean but toilet bowl had not been wiped clean in months. Good side: clientel looked like I was in for a noisy night but overall quiet.

• Liked — unexpectantly quiet
  • Disliked — non-smoking room a joke
  • Stayed August 2008
    • Check-in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
Also consider these accommodations in or near Roseville
Red Roof Inn Detroit St Clair Shores
Holiday Inn Express Roseville
Baymont Inn & Suites Detroit/roseville
Hampton Inn Detroit Roseville
Hampton Inn Detroit Roseville
#1 of 2 in Clinton Township
Extended Stay America - Detroit - Roseville
Quality Inn And Suites Detroit Warren Tech Center

Been to A Victory Inn - Roseville? Share your experiences!