“Great Theater”
Review of Emagine Theater

Emagine Theater
Ranked #2 of 7 Fun & Games in Royal Oak
Reviewed 13 May 2014

Always clean, and offers a $6 option before 6pm even on weekends. Staff always friendly. My favorite place to see a movie.

Reviewed 27 April 2014

You are eligible for a parking ticket in the city of Royal Oak even after paying to park in a public garage. I learned this the hard way in March of 2014 when I returned to my vehicle after a night on the town. Imagine my surprise at receiving a parking ticket on my window in a public garage that I had paid to park in.

I have since learned that the city of Royal Oak makes it a priority to issue as many parking tickets as it can to fund the city due to declining property values. It's sad to see a municipality so desperate for revenue. Don't believe the hype about how great a place it is to visit. I doubt if I will ever feel the desire to return.

9  Thank Greg U
Reviewed 15 April 2014

I really like the Emagine chain of movie theaters - the prices are reasonable and the theaters are well maintained.
My only problem with the Royal Oak location is the constrictions due to its size. There are only a couple large theaters and if you are in one of the smaller ones and don't pay for the premium seats you can be as close as 4 or 5 rows back - way too close for me.

Reviewed 5 March 2014

Anytime you can get a drink with your popcorn, you know the movie will be even better. It is such a treat to see a movie here. Very clean and well kept, with premium seating so comfortable that you can sit back and just enjoy the movie.

Reviewed 9 January 2014

The Royal Oak Emagine Theaters are everything you would expect - luxury seats, space that you can find only in first class, superb sound, bowling alley, bar cum cocktail lounge. The price reflects the amenities, but is probably worth it. What is missing is parking - or at least convenient parking. If you're lucky enough to snatch a spot, be sure to remember your parking space number, or you will be making another trip back to find your car. And, to the already higher price for your film tickets, be sure to add more for the parking. So not only is the parking not free; it is not convenient. The unkindest cut of all is that you have to literally fight to find a parking space, and then pay for the privilege of the hassle. This Emagine location is definitely not ready for prime time.