“Fish Tacos were pretty good”
4 of 5 bubbles Review of Zumba Mexican Grille - CLOSED

Zumba Mexican Grille
Price range: US$1 - US$20
Cuisines: Mexican, Southwestern
Good for: Cheap Eats, Child-friendly
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Seating, Takeout
“Fish Tacos were pretty good”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 19 October 2013 via mobile

We stopped in before our movie for a bite. The fish tacos had a nice kick , the sauce was good. We were able to add a lot of extras. It's a little cool inside to eat.

Rochester Hills, Michigan
“This our our go-to place for fresh and flavorful Mexican.”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 8 September 2013

We love the bowl-rito which is made to order. The new location is not as visable (by the Emagine) but the extra seating is nice.

Visited September 2013
“A burrito that wasn't”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 19 July 2013 via mobile

Ate there after a movie. I ordered a chicken burrito with sour cream.

I was given a basket with a tortilla in the bottom, small amounts of rice, beans chicken. Never rolled up the shell. That was over $7.00

Had to ask for chips (they were stale). cashier didn't ask what I wanted to drink

The food was ok, not very flavorful, and served barely warm

Overall it was okay, but expensive for what you get

Visited July 2013
Canton, Michigan
“Meh”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 15 May 2013

Have a hard time buying a lot of these reviews, but I'll set that aside and simply say I don't understand the fuss. Zumba is a Mexican restaurant only in the sense they sell food that has Mexican names, like burrito and taco. It's in the Chipotle/Qdoba mold, so if that's your choice, you'll probably like this.

I found the assembly-line food to be average at best.

My wife ordered a grille chicken quesadilla, which came with about 6 1/2" cubes of chicken, about 2 ozs. of meat. My burrito was slightly better, but only because I loaded it up with all the vegetables they offered.

Chips were from a bag (or a bucket), I believe, and the salsas were from canned tomatoes. The possible exception was the pico de gallo, which appeared fresher. None delivered any significant heat, although the tomatillo/jalapeno, while watery, had some tang.

Overall, $20 for two bottled soft drinks, chips, a quesadilla, and a burrito. No thanks, not again.

• Visited May 2013
1 Thank AccidentalGlobetrttr
Detroit, Michigan
“Fresh and tasty”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 21 April 2013

Zumba has a great menu, but to be honest I've never strayed from the bowl-rito....a burrito deconstructed into a bowl and served with tortillas or tortilla chips. Their meat options are flavorful and fresh, toppings add to the taste, and the salsa bar will satisfy even the pickiest of spicy taste buds. Their Mexican chicken is my favorite, but grilled chicken, pork, and steak are all great as well. Now that they've changed locations, there is a lot more seating making the overall experience more comfortable.

• Visited April 2013