“Good sushi made fresh”

Cuisines: Sushi, Japanese, Thai
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed 25 October 2013

I have been going to Little Tree for several years. Both of my kids love sushi. We have our favorite dishes that we usually order. We started out with the crab and shrimp bites which did come out piping hot. My son ordered several different kind of sushi and was very satisfied as always. My husband and I usually choose form the Filipino area of the menu.. I usually choose the Pork and Chicken Adobo and he chooses the seafood dish with the red curry and coconut milk. His came out hot and was very flavoriful. However, the adobo was lacking a key spice, I believe it is anise and I was disappointed. I also had the sunrise which was ok. Now I really like this adobo, so I am sure I will give it another chance......Please Little Tree...Don't disappoint me!

There are newer reviews for Little Tree Sushi Bar

Reviewed 23 October 2013

Since Little Tree opened in my hometown of Royal Oak, I've eaten here probably 30-40 times. They have a fantastic selection of sushi that is always fresh and delicious, and they also have great Japanese, Thai, and Filipino appetizers and entrees. Oh, and a great selection of sake. If you're in the area and want sushi, this is your place without a doubt!

Reviewed 21 April 2013

Hands down the best sushi in Royal Oak and the surrounding areas. Extremely fresh, great roll combinations, and a varied menu for those who may want something else. Bar menu has some great saki martinis and on girls nights we always have our favorite, the Sunrise Sakitini, with our sushi platter. Staff is very knowledgeable about the menu as well and does really well with the "what is your favorite?" question when we need something else to add to our order :)

Reviewed 16 March 2013

Little Tree is a sushi bar indeed, but also provides an intriguing fusion of Japanese, Thai and Philippino cuisine.
The restaurant is popular, and has a nice bar in the front of the restaurant where waiting can be a pleasurable observing of all that is going on in the street outside through the panoramic window. You can sit at the sushi bar or at tables and booths. The tables are fairly well packed in, so be prepared to knock elbows with a neighboring table...
Usually, I enjoy the fresh and excellent sushi. This time, however, I had a Philippino Sinigang sour soup and a Pad Prik red curry with seafood. My companion had a large salad with a spicy grilled chicken, which she very much enjoyed. The soup was excellent, with a tangy background. The curry had a sauce which was thicker than I prefer, and was also not very hot. It came as a "medium," but I like it much hotter. Adding more curry sauce helped, butI didn't gte to the spice level I was looking for, and the flavors were taken in a different direction.
The service was friendly and supportive, as usual. Even though disappointed this time by my curry, I recommend this restaurant for some fun experimentation in fusion food.

1  Thank another_traveler0104
Reviewed 9 March 2013 via mobile

The best sushi in Royal Oak. Little tree always has great service and amazing food. The gyoza is excellent and so is all of their sushi.