“Pleasantly surprised!”
Review of V & M Polish Kitchen - CLOSED

V & M Polish Kitchen
Cuisines: Polish, Eastern European, Central European, European, Soups, Czech
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Breakfast, Highchairs Available, Seating, Takeout, Waitstaff
Detroit, Michigan
“Pleasantly surprised!”
Reviewed 1 August 2013

We took our old school Polish friends to this place and they were impressed. The selection was vast and the service was quick. The food was deemed by us as great and our Polish friends marveled at how authentic it was. It's not much on atmosphere but if one wants down home Polish cooking, this place is a quiet and subtle gem! It's definitely worth a few more returns from us.

• Visited June 2013
4 Thank Smogboy315

Northville, Michigan
“Phenemonal”
Reviewed 30 July 2013

This restaurant was the meeting place for our group of friends driving between 25 to 40 miles to meet for lunch on a Saturday. Not one of the six of us was disappointed! In fact, we were all completely delighted! Their city chicken was absolutely to die for - so tender and flavorful. The stuffed cabbage was amazing, the sauerkraut was the best we'd ever had, and the dessert crepes were scrumptious!!! We all agreed that we couldn't wait to return! The service was perfect, the waitress was patient with our questions and requests, the meal was timely, and the dining room spotless. The restaurant is cheerfully decorated. Our table was in the middle of the spacious main dining room -so much so that we were able to have a completely quiet meal. I noticed a number of booths in the second room, and booths next to the windows. There is plenty of designate parking behind the building, it is complimentary, and you enter from this parking area. Even if it takes you driving fair distances, do not miss this family owned kitchen - you will be sorry if you do!!!

• Visited July 2013
2 Thank NancyGary
Howell, MI
“Excellent Polish Homecooked Food”
Reviewed 28 March 2013

We drive 50 miles to taste the delicious offerings of V&M Polish Kitchen! Good variety of food at reasonable prices. Friendly staff, clean, spacious facilities. We have introduced numerous friends to V&M! To check out the menu... http://www.vmpolishkitchen.com/
ENJOY!

• Visited March 2013
3 Thank FullyHis
“Almost as good as I would make myself.”
Reviewed 10 March 2013

My husband and I took my sister to V & M for her birthday. They had the combo plate, while I had the pierogis and a bowl of dill pickle soup. Very good soup,good pierogi, although I would like the dough a little thiner, fillings were tasty. Also, they serve sauteed onion (yeah!!!) on request! They both liked the Kielbasa, (smoked & fresh) , kraut was good, not too sour tasting, and seasoned nicely. City chicken was tasty, but a little on the soggy side. Stuffed cabbage, also good. Food arrives HOT, &,fast. Each of us took leftovers home. Total bill for 3 meals,soup,& soft drinks, $39.00. Friendly waitstaff, clean, family style restaurant. This was our first visit, we'll be back.

2 Thank windydaz
Waterford, Michigan
“A lunch time delight”
Reviewed 1 March 2013

My son and I went there for lunch, having read the reviews on another site it didn't look too promising, just one or two stars, then it seemed a few months ago ratings changed and the latest were four stars, so we decided to try it. The first thing you notice is how clean and spacious the place is. We were there a few minutes before someone came and asked us if we would like a drink, but not uncomfortably so. We both ordered the Polish combo with the exception my son had southern fried chicken whilst I had the stuffed cabbage, an alternative they allowed on the menu. They serve five different types of pierogies, the only down side was that my son asked if they did cheese and onion but they said, "no, only cheese, but they could put fried onion on the top" They did, only about two tablespoons, if that, but they added .75c to the check for it. However, I had ordered a small bowl of beet soup and they forgot to put it on the check, when I pointed it out the waither apologised and then said no to worry about it, he wouldn't charge for it. The staff were extremely friendly, it was our first time here but it definately wont be the last.
The food was srved in a timely manner and was piping hot, it clearly was delivered to the table as soon asit was ready and was not left sitting under a warming lamp, as in some restuarants. Two of us for lunch was about $20, although we could have had less expensive items had we chosen to. Well worth a visit and then, a return visit. Please note they are closed Mondays

• Visited March 2013