“Nice place... just missing something?”
Review of V & M Polish Kitchen - CLOSED

V & M Polish Kitchen
Cuisines: Polish
Reviewed 30 June 2014

I stopped at this place because I thought it had to be the kind of place you never hear about, but everybody goes. The building is a little odd, but the restaurant is quaint. Clean and put together by no means outstanding. The food is your average polish fare. We had a variety of choices and nothing really stood out. I'm usually pretty complimentary but in this case I can say you get good food for a good price. That's about it.

Reviewed 28 May 2014

Not quite as good as Hamtramck, but much more convenient! Like most Polish places, family run and no frills interior, but very clean and cozy. Service was prompt & friendly. Had the variety plate with a little of all the specialties...loved the cheese Pierogis especially! The cabbage soup was terrific. Got a to go plate to take home to my aunt & uncle...they were in Heaven! Reasonable prices & generous portions. Try the biscuit cake for desert...yum! All their desserts are homemade, like everything else here.

3  Thank Hotelsnobb
Reviewed 5 April 2014

Do not let the outside scare you away. This location has been many different restaurants in the past. However, V&M is a real hit. If you are in the mood for good home cooked food. Go here. I have been here twice and decided it is time to post.

First it is family ran. The food is made with love. The food comes out hot and fresh. there are no frills here. They just do food right. Sheila is a great server. I feel it is a good place to go as a family. The portions and prices are spot on. I had chicken and dumpling soup to start my meal. They ran out of clam chowder. It is my understanding the clam chowder is a huge hit here. Back to the chicken dumpling soup. It is authentic. How? It does not have big doughy biscuits. It has true flat dumplings. The kilbesa is yum delish. The pierogi are very good. The stuffed cabbage rivals mine and I am third generation Polish to this country.

Give it a try!!!!

1  Thank oscar42o
Reviewed 17 December 2013

We went on a snowy Saturday night with two other couples for our annual get together for Christmas. The location is easy to find, good parking and the food was excellent with GREAT service!. Everyone ordered something different (liver and onions, chicken liver and onions, city chicken, potato pancakes, even a large salad with chicken) and no one was disappointed. the prices are great too!

3  Thank Greenlandgirl
Reviewed 7 November 2013 via mobile

All of the items I just had to eat were outstanding and a great value. Stuffed cabbage was tender, city chicken was moist and flavorful, potato pierogi were good, and the kraut was tasty. Only weak item was the smoked kielbasa. And I should also mention the Chicken dumpling soup was great. The atmosphere is typical family restaurant. Make sure you come here hungry!

5  Thank GLH0560