“Nice Ambiance, Great Food”
Review of Bastone

Bastone
Ranked #11 of 209 Restaurants in Royal Oak
Price range: US$10 - US$15
Dining options: After-hours, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Dining
Cross street: Fifth
Reviewed 26 April 2014

Very nice brewery in the heart of Royal Oak. Lovely décor and great high ceilings. Bastone's came highly recommended by a friend and we were not disappointed. We are not beer drinkers so were relieved to see they have some nice wines on their menu. We will definitely return as there are lots of things I would like to try on the menu. We shared the artichoke fritter appetizer - they were great. My husband hates artichoke and he couldn't get enough of them. I had the fish and chips with an artichoke tartar sauce - the fries were great and the fish was like any fish and chips style battered fish, the tartar sauce was a bit bland for my taste. My husband had the waffle with the beef - I can't remember what it was called, but it was excellent. The waffle melts in your mouth and the beef was cooked to perfection in a delicious sauce. We splurged on dessert, I had the chocolate covered strawberries and they were the best I have ever tasted. My husband had the warm chocolate truffle cake with espresso ice cream, the cake was delicious but the espresso ice cream was kind of bland - I was expecting a big coffee taste and it doesn't have that. Overall a great experience, we had a wonderful waiter and I would highly recommend.

Reviewed 24 April 2014

Overall, the atmosphere is nice. Only downside was there was live music downstairs and it was difficult to converse with my friends.

Reviewed 15 April 2014

really good food - great location in the heart of Royal Oak - pleasant atmosphere - take a date and ask for one of the cozy booths - there may be a wait but it will be worth it.
I like the short menu - they excel at what they do and don't try to just please everybody

Reviewed 10 April 2014

Friends recommended this Restaurant/Brewery I am always in for a micro brewery! It is unassuming from the outside. The decor is really nice a lot of antique furniture and lighting. Great selection of craft beers and a good variety of choices on the menu. Prices were fair for the area, Royal Oak is very trendy. I had the beer braised pork, awesome! the one thing I can say about the food is fresh. The flavors are amazing I want to go back! Only cons Bathroom (don't know if there is more than one) was very small, apparently same for the women. and not their fault but parking is always a challenge in Royal Oak. I would highly recommend a evening out here. Decent kids menu as well.

Reviewed 25 March 2014

One go the best little secrets in Royal Oak, this Belgian influenced restaurant is the perfect spot for lunch or dinner. They offer a terrific selection of beers,too. The menu is a little different Han gone norm, but excellent choices. Love the fries!