“Nice place to stop in once in a while.”
Review of Duggan's Irish Pub

Duggan's Irish Pub
Ranked #24 of 207 Restaurants in Royal Oak
Price range: US$1 - US$20
Cuisines: Fast food
Dining options: After-hours
Dining options: After-hours
Reviewed 19 April 2014

The food is very good. One of my favorites is the cobb salad. Big portion, lot's of good ingredients. Decent burgers, good sandwiches.Jeff's bread is very tasty.The fish & chips is very good.They got a good menu.The gentleman who seems to be in charge is always courteous & professional.Waitresses are usually efficient, but some of them (not all, just some ) show lack of professionalism when the appearance is concerned. I know it's a pub, but some people bring kids there.I am not saying they should dress like nuns, just maybe consider wear the top that covers the chest a little more. Might get a bigger tip from married couples(it's a lot of them there), families with kids & older people(lot's of them there as well).I am still giving Very Good Rating though, because i always base my ratings on the whole experience.

1  Thank 135catherineg

Reviewed 6 March 2014

A must visit when you're in the area. I grew up in the area and Duggan's always brings back great memories of hanging out with friends enjoying great food and drinks. They serve the best coney style chili and anything served on or with Jeff's bread is a must! They always have an interesting specials of the day list worth trying. Finish up with a Sander's hot fudge cream puff. I tried mine with Ray's homemade cinnamon ice cream...yum!

Atmosphere is busy and sometimes a bit on the louder side...think Irish pub or sports bar. Downstairs is probably a bit quieter. There are several different seating areas, but I like to sit upstairs in the booths...great view of Woodward Ave & people watching. Service is friendly, helpful, and educated about the offerings.

Reviewed 7 February 2014

What's not to love? Funky atmosphere, just noisy enough, smart and friendly waiters ... but I digress - Susie Q fish and chips and that bread, oh my goodness why would you not go? I was born and raised in Berkley now live in Ohio and have never had fish like Susie Q's, ever. When I found out Duggan's had the recipe I was on my way. I presumed the other food was good too by the way. Enjoy the place, highly recommended.

Reviewed 4 December 2013

When we're in royal Oak Arts, Eats and Beats festival we always finish our day in Duggan's Irish Pub.
What a meal! All offered burgers are awesome , but I love one with blue cheese and mushrooms.
My son tried fish and chips , very big portion,
The restaurant decor and staff are very cool and receptive.
I would recommend for sure and you will not regret !!

Reviewed 21 October 2013

OK, I admittedly am not a bar food fan but stopped by Duggan's for dinner simply because it seemed to be a Woodward Ave fixture. Tripadvisor reviews are mixed but I fall into the "it is just so, so" category and that is considering that the rating comparing Duggan's to other bar food restaurants I have visited. Two parking lots were both nearly full which indicated that they have a following. After having dinner there I don't see the attraction. Not much interesting on the menu so settled for a hamburger and onion rings (which I really like but limit my indulgence to once or twice a year). The burger was in the realm of the typical chain fast food and the onion rings were frozen-out-of-the-box. I should have asked the waitress but was really expecting hand battered real deal onion rings. The beer selection is great. The service is fast and efficient. Prices are reasonable. My curiosity is satisfied.