“Awesome find!” 5 of 5 bubbles

Ranked #6 of 197 Restaurants in Royal Oak
Price range: US$15 - US$30
Cuisines: American, Bar
Good for: Bar Scene, Business meetings, Child-friendly, Romantic
Dining options: Brunch, Lunch, Dinner, After-hours, Accepts American Express, Accepts Discover, Accepts Mastercard, Accepts Visa, Full Bar, Outdoor Seating, Parking Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Street Parking, Takeout, Television, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible, Wine and Beer
Description: Town Tavern is a cool, contemporary American classic In 2007, a modern take on a traditional 1930s tavern opened its doors and made its mark on the busy streets of downtown Royal Oak. Town Tavern is a dining destination bursting with personality and serving up American comfort food with flair. When renowned designer Ron Rea was tasked with creating a contemporary version of an old-time neighborhood tavern, he infused the space with an extra-long bar, dark mahogany and rich red bar stools. Walls of the restaurant are filled with old photographs of Royal Oak, while walls of the bar are stocked to the ceiling with what's needed to create your favorite cocktail. Don't let the traditional tavern vibe fool you. Our menu is anything but typical. You'll find the finest bar plates, with a creative twist. The cheeseburgers top many best-of lists. Guests come from far and wide for our award-winning Venison Chili. And our Lobster Mac and Cheese is comfort food with upscale appeal. Of course, every dish deserves a beverage to match it. Choose yours from our extensive wine, beer and cocktail list. Town Tavern is that comfortable dining and drinking establishment that lends itself to leisurely meals and long conversations. Spend time here and you'll quickly understand why we're the talk of the town.
Portage, MI
“Awesome find!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 2 May 2014 via mobile

Staff is very pleasant. Food excellent. Try the house specialty Mac n cheese with buffalo chicken it lobster. You will be glad you did.

1 Thank roxlaw

Novi, Michigan
“Unpleasant Evening in Royal Oak”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 27 April 2014

You are eligible for a parking ticket in the city of Royal Oak even after paying to park in a public garage. I learned this the hard way in March of 2014 when I returned to my vehicle after a night on the town. Imagine my surprise at receiving a parking ticket on my window in a public garage that I had paid to park in.

I have since learned that the city of Royal Oak makes it a priority to issue as many parking tickets as it can to fund the city due to declining property values. It's sad to see a municipality so desperate for revenue. Don't believe the hype about how great a place it is to visit. I doubt if I will ever feel the desire to return.

Visited March 2014
10 Thank Greg U
Grosse Pointe, michigan
“Great lunch!”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 25 April 2014 via mobile

This is my favorite place in Royal Oak for a great business man's lunch. I took my biggest client there and it is consistently excellent. I had the cedar planked salmon and it was delicious. My client had shrimp over rice and ate every bite. My coworker had lamb tacos and said they were good. The other client had a Turkey Reuben with FF. We finished up with expression coffee. Service was very good even though she was a newer server. I will be back again.

• Visited April 2014
Flushing, Michigan
“Very tasty meal, great time”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 3 March 2014

Went here before our Painting with a Twist class on Valentine's Day. The food was fantastic, the atmosphere cool / fun, and for the money, worth your time. It's rare when everyone at your table all loved both appetizer and main course / drinks - they hit it out of the park!

• Visited February 2014
“Dinner and a Show”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 22 February 2014 via mobile

We chose this place because we were going to be in town for a show and it was one of the best places I've ever been too! Fast too!