“cold food”
Review of The Black Swan

The Black Swan
Price range: US$7 - US$32
Dining options: After-hours, Reservations
Description: Restaurant hours stated are food service times, the pub will remain open until last orders are called in the bar, around 23:00 hours, Mon - Sun.
Reviewed 23 February 2014

a group of us attended last week. The food was pre ordered. I have to admit my gammon was wonderful in flavour, however, almost cold!I asked for it to be sent back, which it was and reheated but, alas, when brought back, the obvious happened and the rest of the meal apart from the warmed up gammon was also cold!!! I shall return, howvever, as the gammon was chargrilled and tasty and perhaps a a couple we may get hot food!!!!

Andrew N, Owner at The Black Swan, responded to this reviewResponded 16 March 2014

I vvery much regret that this customer had a cold meal and gratified that the review posted was fair in that it also highlighted the fact that the remainder was tasty and enjoyable. I spoke with the chefs who were on duty that night and I am unable to explain why that one meal was inadequately cooked,particularly as the meal was pre-ordered. We serve many meals each week and collect review cards from most of our customers where we normally score highly. Under those circumstances I can only apologise and invite the reviewer to join us on another occasion when I am sure the food will be up to our usual high standard. Andy N Owner

Reviewed 20 December 2013

Really good food and the most pleasant barman & barwoman. Everyone of the staff knew how to handle a group of people with different needs (like ours) by proposing interesting combinations!

Reviewed 20 December 2013

Just had our work's Christmas lunch and it was wonderful. Great, friendly service. Delicious food, served efficiently and they accommodated my last minute change of mind on dessert with no problem. The only negative was the music - as much as I love Michael Buble's Christmas album (I do have it myself!) it was on permanent loop so we heard it three times!

Reviewed 7 December 2013

On the 6th December 2013 two friends and I went for a meal during the evening at the Black Swan. The restaurant has recently been refurbished and was decorated for Christmas. It looked lovely. One of us enjoyed crispy chicken and belly pork ribs which came with chips, salad and coleslaw, Two of us had lamb shank and mash with vegetables. All of the meals were delicious with very generous portions. To follow we all had the treacle tart with custard. We also had a cookie on the side which was an unexpected extra. The presentation of the meals was of a very high standard. The staff were welcoming and friendly. We will definitely be visiting again.

Reviewed 1 September 2013

Today you had sunday lunch at the black swan and this his to be one of the best sunday dinners ive ever had 2 courses for 10.99 we had the prawn and crayfish starter then the roast beef with a huge home cooked yorkshire pudding and not thoses horrid frozen ones that some places serve. The veg came seperate and they were cooked to perfection especially the cauliflower in white sauce could not fault it highly recommend this to eveyone