“Best choice among many”

SpringHill Suites by Marriott Saginaw
Ranked #7 of 23 Hotels in Saginaw
“Best choice among many”
Reviewed 6 August 2014

The room was especially nice, large, and clean. The value was equal or better to all of the other nearby hotel options. The breakfast was extensive and good tasting. Overall this is the place to stay when you are in Saginaw.

• Stayed August 2014, travelled as a couple

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (41)
Belleville, Canada
Reviewed 5 August 2014

We were going to Saginaw for a golf weekend and choose Springhill Suites online. We were not disappointed when we arrived, the staff were friendly, helpful and our room was awesome. We were close to restaurants and shopping. Great place to stay!

• Stayed August 2014, travelled with friends
Bakersfield, California
Reviewed 5 August 2014

Our room was very comfortable, roomy and quiet. Continental breakfast buffet had good choices; attendant kept it filled and very clean. Good location near shopping and restaurants. Courteous and helpful staff.
I'd stay here again.

• Stayed July 2014, travelled with family
Lansing, Michigan, United States
Reviewed 27 July 2014 via mobile

First i wanna say thank you so much to the young man that checked us in... cant rememebr his name but he was a great help and very professional. We were informed threw an online booking service that we would be able to check in between the hours of 1130am-1200pm, Which was perfect for myself since i work midnights and would be able to getting in to a room and get afew more hours if sleep before we were to meet my wifes family for a long night of festivities, and my wife and kids could go down and enjoy the pool. Well we show up about 1115 and ask about our reservations and if we could check in. The guy at the front desk looked a little shocked becuse they do not usually do check ins that early. We told him we were informed threw our online booking provider that we wer assured thatcwe could check in and the online site said they had even talked to the hotel. Well to since check out isnt even until noon. He was not sure of what to do to make me my wife and kids happy. This is why i say this young man was amazing.. he says check out isnt till noon but i will have you a room ready asap. We leave going to get something to eat since we have had a little bit of a road trip with 2 kids. We returned with in the hour and this young man has a big smile on his face and our room ready on the top floor. Everyting was great seprate bathroom and shower 2 thumbs up for that, pool and Jacuzzi we enjoyed. And the breakfast well i didnt make it down but my wife and kids loved it... but i enjoyed the more the spacious bed.. thanks sprighill more the courteous your staff really made it enjoyable

• Stayed July 2014
Owosso, Michigan, United States
Reviewed 19 July 2014 via mobile

Kids, husband, and I decided at the last minute to go to Bay City for the festivities on the 4th of July. Springhill seemed to have what would best suit our family. I booked online. Upon arrival I needed to use the business center to print out the necessary documents for the special rate I was to receive, and the guest service agent was very informative and patient. He was helpful in giving info on Independence Day celebration, and gave coupons for local pizza places, which was perfect for us... what kid doesn't like pizza!! The room was clean. I called down for extra toiletries and they were delivered exactly when promised. The pool was nice, however, the hot tub was still heating the next morning, and that's when I enjoy it the most! Breakfast was really good considering it was continental. Had a good variety. The gentlemen working breakfast that morning was very hard working and courteous! He kept breakfast stocked, coffee pots full, and the general area clean! Checking out, the guest service agent was attentive and friendly.

Stayed July 2014, travelled with family
Winston-Salem,NC
Reviewed 15 July 2014

This hotel was not "cheap" and there are many in the area....it is a suite type hotel with a lounge area in the room- study type area with a partial wall, couch, desk, partial kitchen. Tons of great outlets for electronics, 1 flat screen, great divided bathroom - commode sink combo in one room and sink shower in another. Breakfast was expanded continental and was ok.
Decor was pleasant.
However, on the days of our stay the only elevator was not working properly and would false start, not "go," etc and was down right scary. Although they fixed it on day TWO, IT WAS STILL NOT GOOD.
Additionally, the hottub, really needed after our stressful tasks we were there for, did not work- just really annoying.
We stay upscale for the ammenities and when they don't work, it is irritating.

Room Tip: Choose an upper floor
  • Stayed July 2014, travelled on business
1 Thank Outlanders
springhillsaginaw, General Manager at SpringHill Suites by Marriott Saginaw, responded to this review, 16 July 2014
Hello Outlanders,
I greatly appreciate the comments in regards to you stay at SpringHill Suites. I am happy to hear you enjoyed the rooms and decor of the property. I am truly sorry for the inconvenience of the elevator not working. I can understand how frustrating that can be. ThyssenKrupp Elevator has assured me it will not happen again. I would enjoy speaking with you directly about your stay. If you have a moment to contact me directly, my telephone number is 989-792-2800. Thank you again for staying with us while visiting Saginaw and I hope to hear from you soon.
Warm regards,
Nicholas H.
Columbia, South Carolina
Reviewed 11 July 2014

My boyfriend and I stayed at the Springhill Suites along with several of our friends (all of us are from out of state) to attend our friends' wedding. They selected this hotel because of the shuttle service that provided a safe ride for attendees to and from the reception hall. I really appreciated this courtesy as my friends and I all indulged in quite a few beverages at the reception. The drivers (Dave is the only name I can remember) were awesome. The front staff was always very accommodating and polite. We checked in very late due to a flight delay and were still met after midnight with a smile. The bed was super comfy and the room, though laid out a little strange, was spacious and nice. The fire pit was a really relaxing space to hang out after the reception and enjoy a few more beverages. Noise may be an issue for rooms close by as some people were yelling when we checked in at midnight. Breakfast was great! The waffle maker is a little obnoxious when it's done, though. The only reason I can't give a perfect 5-star review is because one staff member yelled at us and accused us of running through the halls - which we were not. There may have been some loud stumbling, so I'll forgive this incident. She could have gone about it in a better way, however. We are all adults and did not need to be treated like children. The main reason is the elevator. It was out of order from Sunday through Monday. The hotel is only 3 stories, so this isn't too big of a deal...unless you're hauling 54 pounds of luggage up and down from the 3rd floor. I also noticed elderly people on our floor with oxygen tanks. If they were still there during this incident, I'm sure it would have presented a huge problem. Hopefully next time mechanical issues can be taken care of more rapidly...but I understand that some things, particularly on Sundays, can take some time to be fixed.

Room Tip: Ask for a room away from the fire pit area as it can get a bit noisy.
  • Stayed June 2014, travelled as a couple