“Best place I ever stayed at a motel”
Review of Sleep-ees Inn

Sleep-ees Inn
Sleep-ees Inn
Ranked #13 of 23 Hotels in Saginaw
“Best place I ever stayed at a motel”
Reviewed 4 May 2014

It is a place you would want to stay. there is wifi that is the best.and has a shower,iron board and a iron. There is a breakfast in the morning. The checkout time is 11:00. You can put a early wake up call..

• Stayed April 2014, travelled on business
1 Thank paresh p

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (6)
Saginaw, Michigan
Reviewed 24 February 2014

I'm not usually one for writing reviews but I feel I had to for this one. I've stayed in some less than stellar places before but this place is by far the WORST. Let's start with 1st impressions - the owners. They act like they are being bothered when you come in the door - they live in the front of the motel just off the check-in desk. Then there's the rooms - we saw a few. After seeing the first one I asked to see another one because it was awful. They did not want to show me another one - but I kept insisting. Didn't matter - all the rooms are the same. I live in this area and had to find a place to stay due to storm damage to our home. I knew it didn't have a good reputation but we needed a place in a hurry and this is in a very good/safe location. Had I known it was so bad I would have just stayed in our storm damaged house. Dirty, uncomfortable beds, bugs in the bathroom (and this is in the middle of winter). They say you get what you pay for and these are super cheap but spend another $10 and stay somewhere else.

Room Tip: Only tip I can honestly offer is to NOT stay here.
  • Stayed January 2014, travelled with family
1 Thank Reviewer A

Travellers are raving about these Saginaw hotels

Toronto
Reviewed 2 October 2013

Our last trip to Saginaw and area (Birch Run & Bronner's) for shopping was about 2 years ago and we stayed just down the street at another motel. It was passable but not in good repair and some of the linen wasn't really clean. (I don't know what it's like now.) On that trip, I stopped by here to preview a room and the Sleep-Ees seemed much better.

The best part of this motel is the price. If you book directly with the motel it's a real bargain. Unfortunately, they had a whole block of rooms reserved and only one or two rooms left. So our first night was in a double-twin room. After that we switched to a queen room which was a little nicer and even cheaper.

This motel is popular with working men -- construction types and truckers. Unfortunately, our first night, there was a truck plugged into an outlet and parked right outside our room; the truck had a noisy compressor cycling off and on all night long. Really messed up our sleep.

Our second and third nights were in the room next door. The room was in slightly better repair but the air conditioner was noisier. The trouble is that you need the air conditioner just to give some ventilation. Neither room has a window that can open and there's no exhaust vent at all -- even in the bathroom. It gets really stuffy. Besides that, the mattress was rather cheap and well used.

The one other problem is that this area is a long way from anything. Yes, there's a Bob Evans and a Meijer and a Home Depot almost across the road but most other things you might be interested in (the interstate, malls, Walmart, the better restaurants, arena) are at least a 15-minute drive through town.

Just a note: the door locks are the old-fashioned Yale-type, not the more modern high-security electronic ones so I recommend not leaving valuables in the room. It's just this kind of lock that was broken into when I was with a friend in a motel several years ago.

The proprietor was quite friendly and accommodating. It's fairly clean, has a nice TV and a fridge and microwave. (A guide to the TV channels would be nice.) The best part is the price. But, due to the ventilation and mattress situations, on our next trip to the area, we'll probably stay somewhere else.

Room Tip: This is a long/narrow building with rooms on both sides and perpendicular to the road . Book well i...
  • Stayed September 2013, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Rick_and_Ed
Bay City, Michigan
common_n_hotel_reviews_1bd8 2,395 helpful votes
Reviewed 30 July 2013

We recently spent 2 nights at this small, local, mom and pop motel. The owners are very nice and friendly. The place is kept very clean. Rooms are somewhat small and cement block and it can feel a bit claustrophobic. Everything worked well-TV, remote, lights, door locks. Beds were very comfortable. No alarm clock-they need to provide those! Bathroom towels good, good shower pressure, hair dryer. Very nice, large flat screen TV. The one thing they need to change is the curtain that is hung over the small window. It is a floor length window, but the curtain doesn't move! And it is hideous! If it moved along the curtain rod, you could get much more light into the room. Small breakfast needs provided. Easy parking. Lots of nearby fast food restaurants, and a Bob Evans restaurant, along with a Meijer.grocery store. A nice frig and microwave are in the room, also.

• Stayed July 2013, travelled as a couple
5 Thank tymetraveler222
Reviewed 6 February 2013

I liked staying here. For the price the room I have been staying in has remains well cleaned by the staff. The owners are really nice and when I forgot to pay a week later they where just like no problem. My bed and linings get changed daily. Clean elling and worth the price

• Stayed January 2013
Newport, Michigan
Reviewed 10 September 2012

This motel is older but is kept up very well. The rooms are extremely clean and the beds are comfortable. There is a nice 32 inch flat screen tv. In addition to soap and shampoo in the bathroom they also provide mouthwash, lotion, and a shower cap. The mini-fridge and microwave are a nice touch. They offer a basic continental breakfast that consists of cereal, yogurt, bananas, a variety of pastries, as well as coffee, tea, hot chocolate, and two different kinds of juice.
The motel is near many restaurants and stores and it is only a short drive to the downtown area.
If you are looking for a basic, clean place to stay in the Saginaw area I highly recommend the Sleep-Ees Motel!

Room Tip: For the best rate reserve on the Magnuson Hotels website and use the Promo Code: STAR5000.
  • Stayed September 2012, travelled with family
2 Thank dmm316
Union
Reviewed 14 August 2012

Great little motel for the price!! First off this is not an upscale 1st class motel, if thats what ur seeking you need to look elsewhere. What this is, is a great little family owned motel, did I mention was $40 bucks for a Saturday night? The lobby is small, but the host was very friendly, room and bedding were very clean, room is a little out dated, has a 32" flat screen tv with lots of channels, and did I mention was only 40 bucks? They have a basic breakfast in the lobby in the morning. Biggest issue we had was the faucet handle in the shower was in need of repair, and took a little time to be able to get the temp right. Wouldn't hesitate staying there again.

• Stayed August 2012, travelled as a couple
2 Thank Bret M
Also consider these accommodations in or near Saginaw
Ramada Saginaw Hotel & Suites
Super 8 Saginaw
Super 8 Saginaw
#12 of 23 in Saginaw
Holiday Inn Express & Suites Saginaw

Been to Sleep-ees Inn? Share your experiences!