“Excellent perch”

Ranked #5 of 277 Restaurants in Saginaw
Price range: US$7 - US$26
Cuisines: American
Dining options: After-hours, Reservations
Description: "An elevated dining experience for any occasion." Hand-Pattied Burgers • Chicken, Steaks & Fish • Salads & Pasta • Martinis • 27 Degree Draft Beers • Frozen Drinks • Full Bar • Brunch
Reviewed 26 April 2014

I was taken here while on a job interview in town, and told that I really needed to try the perch to get an authentic taste of the region. I am glad I took them up on the advice.

The fried perch fillets were excellent. I love it when fish is easily identifiable as actual fillets and the taste and texture had the personality I would expect from wild-caught fish. The breading was crispy and delicate, not overwhelming. They came with chipotle tartar sauce, which was delicious.

Service was awesome. I was parched from a full day of lectures and talking, and the waitress was more than up to the challenge of keeping my iced tea full.

This is a great little restaurant with an eclectic menu, tasty food, and great service. I wouldn't hesitate to recommend it.

Reviewed 23 April 2014

Service very slow took waitress 10 minutes to come over. Long wait on food and food was not good, should of asked for comp, but didnt want to wait longer (ordered burger and turkey panini) fries limp not cooked all the way, burger no flavor, panini was slimy from spring mix but sandwich was cold. No reason to go back. Even appleebees has better tasting food.

Reviewed 16 April 2014

They offer some really great dishes, not the ordinary fare for this area. Nice design to the interior, perhaps a little cramped, but again, it does not blend in with the chains. This is a good thing in my mind. Desserts are very good. It can be a little loud at times, but not overly so. Last time I was there we were in a large group in the back room. While the room was long enough, it was kind of narrow, so if you sat in the back portion you were kind of stuck there unless everyone else got up. Overall a good place to eat and I would chose it over the nearby chain restaurants. The steak with blue cheese is very good! While parts of Saginaw are a little sketchy this is in an area that I feel is safe. It is only about a mile of the highway and you will pass by the mall and all the chains before you get there.

Reviewed 16 April 2014

I really enjoy the trendy atmosphere of Harveys it is a nice change from the typical chain resturants that seem to dominate the Saginaw area. I have never had a complaint about any meal i have received there.

Reviewed 16 April 2014

I liked the decor and general vibe. Nice patio for outside dining. Their burger special is a great deal and fries are "worth it". They seem to have a lot of drink specials and the bar looks like a nice place to spend some time. My visit is usually at lunch, so no experience with the bar. Nice to have a place like this in Saginaw.

Been to Harvey's Grill and Bar? Share your experiences!