“Party Hotel--Don't book here if you need a good night's sleep”

Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Saginaw
Ranked #11 of 23 Hotels in Saginaw
Charleston, West Virginia
“Party Hotel--Don't book here if you need a good night's sleep”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 7 August 2011

I was booked into this hotel on a business trip by my company's travel agency. I hate to give this hotel a poor rating - it was exceptionally clean, in a convenient location, the staff was very helpful, but they cannot control rowdy guests. Out of a 12 day stay. beginning July 23, I didn't get to sleep until 2 in the morning due to partying guests on at least 3 occasions. The first instance happened when 1 women checked in with 2 kids, then proceeded to open the door on her room for 2 more women and 4 more kids, a total of 9 people, who partied until 1:30 am. Then a group of Grand Blanc little league football parents partied until 2 in the morning, totally ignoring the hotel staff's directions to quiet down, in consideration of other guests. I asked to be moved away from them--I had to get up at 6 the next morning--but was told they couldn't move me. I should have just called the police. They have no hotel security and since the guests were paying no attention to hotel management, they seemed helpless to control the situation. Other guests in surrounding rooms were complaining and very irate--needless to say this situation could have taken an ugly turn very easily. A few days later, a traveling teenage baseball team checked in! I complained to the corporate office upon my return home and got an offer of $25 off on my next stay. It's safe to say I won't be using this. I doubt very seriously that the Marriott or any hotel top-notch hotel chains allow such behavior by their guests.

• Stayed July 2011, travelled on business
2 Thank SalvoGal
CISSaginaw, Front Office Manager at Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Saginaw, responded to this review, 14 October 2011
SalvoGal,

I am so sorry to hear that you occured a noise inconvience during your stay with us. Sometimes large groups can get a little out of hand, I assure you we do not aspire to have only rowdy or partying guest stay with us. If you would like to dicuss this issue further please feel free to contact me at 989-792-7666. I do hope you will give us a 2nd chance we rarley have such large groups and are rather a quite hotel normaly.

Craig - Front Office Manager

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (32)
Norwalk, CT
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 1 August 2011

I was pleasantly surprised at how nice this stay was. I was there very briefly (checked in after midnight & left at dawn), but I thought it was a real nice spot.

Saginaw is a annual stop for me - I have stayed at the Holiday Inn Express, Comfrot Inn Fairfield Inn and Motel 8. This is now my favorite and I willl be back!

The highway (675?) is very close and convenient, but not heard.

My reservation & check-in went smoothly. My room was on the second floor. I didn't find the elevator, but I was traveling light anyway.

The room was clean and very nicely appointed. TV was good (watched a couple minutes.

I did not get to see much else, like a pool etc. I left before the breakfast strarted.

The prking lot wraps around the building - so be sure to ask where to park and what entry door to use.

Enjoy!

Room Tip: Try for 1st floor, elevator was hard to find.
  • Stayed May 2011, travelled solo
1 Thank CTRedSox2004
CTRedSox2004,

So glad to hear that we here at the Country Inn and Suites Saginaw, MI are your top pick when visiting the Saginaw Area. Hopefully they will be finishing up with I-675 sometime in the near future. I would like to let you know that we have now installed an elevator for our patrons booked on the seconed floor. Please next time you stay with us stick around for our complimentary " Be Our Guest" Breakfast. You will not be dissapointed.

Craig - Front Office Manager