“Great Place to stay and relax !!”

Country Inn & Suites by Radisson, Saginaw, MI
Ranked #11 of 23 Hotels in Saginaw
Reviewed 8 September 2012

We toured your hotel on our way to Frankenmuth. WOW what a differance from a year ago while under construction; very clean, friendly staff, we were even invited to indulge in your breakfast. The breakfast girl (Lindsay I think) was astounding!! She was a very busy little one never stopping.
The hotel is very inviting especially the coziness of the lobby with the small library. Although we did not stay we toured some rooms ( thanks Daniel the Front Desk guy) and they are very clean and look very comfortible. We will definately stay the next time we are in town.

Room Tip: couples the Jacuzzi suites is a MUST !! Families the King Executive with the pull-out sofa Modest...
  • Stayed: September 2012, travelled on business

Reviewed 3 September 2012

I was really impressed with how clean the hotel and just how easy it was. The internet hooked up so easily without putting in a lot of codes. The front desk was soo compassionate and professional. She overheard my conversation how I lost my wallet and phone. I told her that i would love some oatmeal cookies to make me feel better. She went in the back and made me some fresh oatmeal cookies!! WOW!! i feel in love with her. Her name was Amanda..she was married ...:( lol

• Stayed: September 2012, travelled on business
CISSaginaw, Front Office Manager at Country Inn & Suites by Radisson, Saginaw, MI, responded to this reviewResponded 4 September 2012

Adam J,

Thank you so much for the kind review. I am happy to hear our newest Guest Service Rep Amanda was able to make your stay enjoyable. I will defintally forward your messege to her as I am sure she will love you hear it. I hope that we will see you again soon upon your next visit to the Saginaw Area. Thanks Again!

Reviewed 10 July 2012

Very nice hotel, clean and comfortable. Friendly help at check-in. Fresh, hot breakfast food and the cook was very nice and helpful to everyone. Will stay again on other trips to town.

Room Tip: Watch out for entrance to hotel, it is hard to find. You have to turn on to Davis rd to enter.
  • Stayed: May 2012, travelled with family
1  Thank Wayne B
Management response:Responded 11 July 2012

Wayne B,

Thank you so much for your wonderful review, all the staff here at the Country Inn & Suites Saginaw, Mi are happy to hear you enjoyed your stay. I also would like to let you know that our entrance way is no longer blocked off and you can enter from Tittabawassee Rd. We are anticipating your return.

Reviewed 19 May 2012

I stayed here with my daughter for a soccer tournament. The hotel entrance very tricky to access with cement blocks redirecting cars from the most obvious driveway. We had do go back and behind the Gander Mountain parking lot to finally access the parking lot. The location was walking distance to Gander Mountain and Applebees, The hotel is nice, although if you have a hard time with mobility, there is only ONE EXTREMELY SMALL elevator, and many long winding halls. Our check in process was nice, there were 2 people at the check in desk, both advised us that there would be no problem with our 7 girls getting cold cereal and breakfast in the am due to us having to leave by 6:15 and breakfast didn't start until 7am. Although, when we awoke and took the girls down, the morning desk person was very rude, would not even let the girls sit in the breakfast room, put a barricade up so they could not even sit, let alone eat.

Needless to say, when we tried to reason with the gentleman, he stated he was not allowed to let us even in the room. Many of us (We had booked 5 rooms here) tried to get somewhere after the fact, with little resolve. It is done and over, but I will never stay there again, no matter how cheap we can stay.

The hotel is nice, although there is no indoor pool.

Room Tip: Ask for a room close to the desk, or you will walk a mile to get to your room.
  • Stayed: May 2012, travelled with family
CISSaginaw, Front Office Manager at Country Inn & Suites by Radisson, Saginaw, MI, responded to this reviewResponded 2 June 2012

mlwilkie,

I would like to let you and everyone else know that our ENTRANCE IS NO LONGER BLOCKED OFF! We are very excited about this, to say the least. I know it was very complicated before to access our hotel but now it should be a breeze for any traveler staying with us.

Reviewed 24 March 2012

We found the hotel entrance very tricky to access with cement blocks redirecting cars from the most obvious driveway. If we hadn't pre-booked the room, we would have given up. The room was good for the $70/night we paid and the location was walking distance to Gander Mountain and Applebees, etc and across the street from a small mall with Macy's/Penneys/Sears anchor stores. The Dow Center was an easy 5 minute commute and Birch Run Outlet Mall was about 15 minutes away. Clean comfortable beds with a nicely laid out bathroom, nice even heat controlled with a wall mounted digital box. Helpful staff.

• Stayed: March 2012, travelled on business
CISSaginaw, Front Office Manager at Country Inn & Suites by Radisson, Saginaw, MI, responded to this reviewResponded 17 May 2012

LakeshoreLady 2,

I apologize for the complications regarding the entrace. We do not actually own the land on which the driveway you mentioned sits. However we are constantly trying to negotiate with the landowner to reopen the blocked off entrance. Our current main access is off of Davis Rd. just before the blocked off entrance way. I am glad to hear our centralized location made your travel to local attractions stress free. Thanks so much for your review.

Reviewed 17 March 2012

Just a stop over one night - beds were incredibly hard. We all had stiff backs in the morning. Otherwise it was clean, good location and great complimentary breakfast in the breakfast room. Take a travel mug with you for your coffee to go. Small styro cups are available.

• Stayed: March 2012, travelled on business

rednecksunseekers,

Thank you for your review here on Tripadvisor.com. I'm sorry you didn't enjoy our beds as much as most of our guest do. However I am happy to hear you enjoyed the rest of your stay. We hope you choose to stay with us upon your next visit to the Mid-Michigan area.

Reviewed 28 December 2011

I had received an e-mail,For 30% off if you book at Country inn and Suites. We always go to my husbands sisters home for X-mas eve.We needed a room for the night, So I booked there. We got the room for $54. All the other hotels around there were $98 or more. We got a king bed, Very nice room. Very clean! The hotel needs a sign on Tittabwasee Rd to help you find the driveway, Its hard to get in.Breakfast on X-mas morning was very good. They had eggs and potatos, waffles,oatmeal, cereal , fruit,all kinds of juice, milk. Glass cups and glasses.Very nice. Would stay there again! I like good deals!!!

• Stayed: December 2011, travelled with family
2  Thank vickyll55

vickyll55,

Thank you for your great review and for choosing to stay with us on Christmas. The Breakfast Staff here at Country Inn & Suites Saginaw were very happy to hear you enjoyed your holiday meal so much. I know the entrance can be a little tricky right now, we are working to correct that. Thank you again and we look forward to your return stay with us.