“Love this place!!”

Ranked #11 of 23 Hotels in Saginaw
Bay City, Michigan
“Love this place!!”
Reviewed 20 July 2013

We were at big fancy Bay Valley Hotel & resort, when the power went out. I was told I needed to do as if I were home. ARE YOU KIDDING ME, DO I CARRY CANDLES AND FLASHLIGHTS? at home I'm not paying a HUNDRED DOLLARS A NIGHT! I called Country inn & suites, they were nothing but gracious, Room was so much bigger with LIGHTS! Very clean more up to date then crappy Bay Valley. Check in was fast, girl at front desk was VERY BUSY, but that didn't even faze her, she was very kind and pleasant all through the chaos. I really appreciated that. We were treated horrible at bay valley, so this was refreshing. LOVE, LOVE,LOVE THIS PLACE. room did have a smoke smell, but we didn't mind, better then musty smell at Bay Valley....

Room Tip: We were on 2nd floor, it was nice, not much traffic, had a view of the pool. Very nice place all aro...
  • Stayed July 2013, travelled with family
1 Thank Leske1

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (33)
Eau Claire, Wisconsin
Reviewed 1 July 2013

I don't expect much from this level of hotel, so this property met my already low expectations. Staff was pleasant. The newly renovated front desk area is nice. The room was clean with no major problems. It's larger than I expected. Bed was O.K. Lots of people just hanging around the parking lot, both front and back. I don't know what was going on but I didn't feel like the place was safe.

I appreciate that they allow dogs, but why charge $25? Do they do any additional cleaning? No. Kids are much more destructive than a small dog but they don't charge a fee for them. It's annoying.

• Stayed June 2013, travelled with family
1 Thank Lungfruit
Reviewed 23 June 2013

Almost home from our trip and feel I need to write a review, we check in with no problems we go to our rooms first room was find we go to our second room and it reeked of smoke! They have us a different room which was nice and clean. Breakfast was ok I mean its free so I have no complaints. My family swam in the pool which needs work because my son cut open 3 of his toes on the tile or grout that was crumbling off the side, that night when we came in from the pool we have them two pieces of tile and told them about his toes all that was done was they closed the pool and he reluctantly gave us some band aids while telling us he really shouldn't because he's not supposed too! The cable tv was miss advertised you don't get as many channels as they list in their book you receive in your room, the exhaust fans didn't work in either room for the bathroom, the elevator felt and sounded like it was going to break at any moment, the hallway carpets are stained sticky and stinky your feet were dirty after walking around without shoes! For the money we paid it was very disappointing when checking out the desk assoc. wasn't aware of the problems but bc we booked through a third party (Expedia) she couldn't give us any monies but gave us a $25 gift card to tgifridays. Will never go back!

• Stayed June 2013
1 Thank Meganrenaew
Carlson Hotels C, Online Customer Support at Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Saginaw, responded to this review, 28 June 2013
Thank you for taking the time to write your review. We apologize for the dissatisfaction of your stay. We take the time to listen to your constructive comments so we can continually improve our services. Thank you for your valuable feedback and we hope for another opportunity to exceed your expectations.

If you would like to discuss your stay further, please contact Corporate Customer Care.

Travellers are raving about these Saginaw hotels

Reviewed 6 May 2013 via mobile

Nice place, but when we arrived there was hair all over the bathroom floor, tub & shower. The front desk person was nice enough to come right up and clean it but didn't offer to move us. In the morning my shower wasn't particularly hot and didn't drain well due to the drain not being a pull up lever. You had to remove the nasty plug from the drain. And of course because I booked with Booking.com the hotel didn't want to reimburse me well. A week and a half after my stay I received a $25 gift certificate redeemable at one of their hotels or TFI Fridays, which non exist where I live. So the gift certificate is basically worthless to me. What did Booking.com do? Nothing more than what I did. Contacted the hotel and told them about my experience. Result: no one went out of their way to keep me from giving them a bad review. Sad really.

Stayed April 2013, travelled with friends
Carlson Hotels C, Online Customer Support at Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Saginaw, responded to this review, 13 May 2013
Thank you for reaching out and writing your review. We are very sorry you were not satisfied with the accommodations of your room. We agree there is no excuse for this issues you encountered and we will discuss your comments with hotel management to ensure all guest rooms are up to Country Inn & Suites standards. Thanks again for your valuable feedback and we hope to be of service to you in the future!
Portland, Oregon
Reviewed 29 January 2013

I stay at this property at least once a month for business. Check-in is quick, friendly and efficient. Restaurants and shopping are conveniently close by. My one criticism would be the quality of the in-room coffee - not good!

Room Tip: Don't ever stay near the elevator!
  • Stayed January 2013, travelled on business
CISSaginaw, Front Office Manager at Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Saginaw, responded to this review, 1 February 2013
Ellen2004,

The entire staff here at the Country Inn & Suites Saginaw, MI would like to thank you very much for your kind review and for your continued loyalty to our property. It means alot to us to hear that we are providing the customer service and accomodations that keeps our guests coming back. We are looking forward to your return and ofcourse if there is anything myself or any of our staff can do for you please do not hesitate to call.

Woodstock
Reviewed 6 January 2013

I recently stayed here with 2 friends. The hotel is convenient to the highway which is nice. Also to shopping and food. Hotel staff was friendly. Room was clean.

Comments...
Asked for 2 double beds but only got 1 king. I arrived late so nothing else was available. Was a little cramped but we made due.
Breakfast is delicious with a large variety. I prefer the box cereal vs the canisters as I find it fresher. But was very good.
Elevator is VERY small and slow. Take the stairs!

Room Tip: Make sure you call ahead and get 2 beds if required. Also Id ask for the first floor if stairs are...
  • Stayed November 2012, travelled with friends
jan1015,

Thank you so much for your very nice review. I am happy to hear that our location fit both you and your friends' needs during your last visit to the Saginaw Area. It is always a good idea to call ahead of time when you know you will be staying the evening in a hotel to reserve the proper room type. In the future, please give us a call, we will do all in our power to make sure your stay is most satisfactory. It is also very good to hear that you enjoyed our complimentary full hot breakfast, we take pride in the service we provide whether it is a smooth check in process or the quality of food provided at our breakfast. We hope that you can make it back to visit us soon.

Mount Pleasant, Michigan
Reviewed 16 December 2012

This is a bit of a strange review because I didn't get a chance to stay at the property. I was looking forward to staying here tomorrow but had to cancel my reservation. I called the front desk to ask about the business center ahead of time and they said that only one of the three computers was working.

One of the main reasons why I booked the reservation for the hotel was so that I could get some work done without having to lug around my laptop. Unfortunately, with only one computer functioning in the business center, I couldn't take the risk that someone else might be using the only functioning computer. I'm a Club Carlson Gold member, too. :(

With all of the good reviews on TripAdvisor for this hotel, I'm hopeful that I will get to try this property out in the future once they get their business center up to par.

Stayed December 2012, travelled solo
CISSaginaw, Front Office Manager at Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Saginaw, responded to this review, 17 December 2012
rikerwt,

I am sorry to hear that you did not get the opportunity to stay with us here at the Country Inn and Suites because of the recent Business Center issues we have been experiencing. I am more than happy to inform you that we have scheduled for a local tech to come out today (Monday 12-17-12) and repair the issues. Therefore our Business Center should be fully operational by the end of the day. We hope to see you here with us during your next visit to the Mid-Michigan Area.