“A nice room in Saginaw”

GreenLeadersSilver level
Grand Rapids, Michigan
“A nice room in Saginaw”
Reviewed 2 June 2014

Stayed here with my son ahead of an orientation at Saginaw Valley State University. The hotel gave me a discounted rate. The room was clean. The beds were comfortable. The breakfast was appreciated for a quick bite out the door. I would recommend the hotel to others and I would definitely stay here again.

• Stayed May 2014, travelled with family
1 Thank PippaXYZ
Joshua W, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express & Suites Saginaw, responded to this review, 16 June 2014
akn64,

We are glad to hear that you enjoyed your stay in Saginaw. We are conveniently located near Saginaw Valley State University. We hope you enjoy your stay in the future while visiting your son at SVSU. We pride ourselves in clean, comfortable rooms and our guests love our large, complimentary hot breakfast. We hope to see you again!

Joshua W

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (38)
Tecumseh, MI
Reviewed 27 May 2014 via mobile

Room was very clean and well kept up. I like the rooms better where the sink is on the outside of the bath, as we are a family of five and it makes getting ready so much faster when it is, but I guess that is something they can't really fix. The little store was nice to have but way overpriced but again, that's something you would expect. Pool and hot tub was nice, I liked being right with the kids in the hot tub while my kids play next to me in the pool. Breakfast was good, seating is not for a family of five. Had some single guys taking up the large seats and just looked at us and shrugged us off, so we had to sit separately from our kids. Overall a good stay.

• Stayed May 2014
Joshua W, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express & Suites Saginaw, responded to this review, 2 June 2014
pjdeeds,

Thank you for the review of our hotel. We are glad you had a Great Stay! We pride ourselves on offering clean rooms, an abundant breakfast and the best in customer service. The next time you are in Saginaw, give one of our suites a try! They have more space, a refrigerator, microwave, as well as a pull out sofa! We hope to see you again on your next trip to Saginaw!

Joshua White
Homer, Michigan
Reviewed 12 May 2014

From the moment we walked in the door we had a very positive experience. Those at the front desk are the BEST! Especially Aerin! They went above and beyond for our stay. We had some personal issues when we got there (nothing to do with the hotel) and they were very helpful in helping us get that situation taken care of! The complimentary breakfast is AWESOME! Charlotte does a GREAT job with the food. It was all hot and fresh and even on a busy Sunday morning it was all full and hot! Even after we spilled some stuff on the bed, they were very accommodating to get us another room for the night! The pool and spa are great too! We had a basic room, but it was very clean and everything worked. They offer two different types of pillows that are marked soft or firm on each bed...and if you need anything the front desk is on it. We asked for extra blankets and they were to our room with in minutes. We stayed two nights and really hated to leave! Check out time is also great being at Noon! The entire staff was very pleasant. I will say this was the best hotel stay we have ever had....will stay here again for sure if the situation arises....I would recommend for anyone staying in the Saginaw area. Lots of stores and restaurants in the area and within short driving distances.

• Stayed May 2014, travelled with family
1 Thank Lis B
Joshua W, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express & Suites Saginaw, responded to this review, 18 May 2014
Lis B,

I am very excited to hear you enjoyed our staff during your recent stay with us. It is always great to here about our staff, (especially Aerin and Charlotte!) and how they go above and beyond our guests expectations. I will make sure Aerin and Charlotte are recognized for their hard work and dedication towards customer service. We look forward to serving you in the future!

West Bloomfield, Michigan
Reviewed 4 May 2014

I booked a room at the Holiday Inn Express over the phone for a 1 night stay about 40 days in advance. At the time, I booked knowing that there was a small chance my plans would change and I would need to cancel my reservations. 5 days later (32 days in advance of my stay), I called to cancel. The agent on the phone told me that I paid an "advanced purchase rate" which meant they would love to cancel my reservation but they would charge me the full charge.

I do take full responsibility for not inquiring about the cancellation policy - perhaps I am naive but it has been my experience that most hotels allow you to cancel within 48 hours without a fee. When I booked my reservation the agent NEVER told me that I was getting a *special* advanced purchase rate that would mean the reservation was non-refundable. Had I been told this I would NEVER have booked it. When I called the hotel and asked to speak to a manager I was told (on a Friday afternoon) that there would not be a manager available until Sunday night. There is no manager at this hotel all weekend?

When I called the corporate office the representative was very nice and wanted to help me get the price refunded since I was not made aware of this policy prior to booking. She called the hotel directly and called me back to say the hotel was not willing to do anything to accommodate me. I even offered to pay a fee of 50% of the room. Holiday Inn wanted me to cancel my reservation (32 days in advance) but still pay for the room so they can rent it out to someone else. TERRIBLE customer service! I have never heard of something like this!

Room Tip: Book at another hotel - dont spend your money on a hotel that does not value its customers.
  • Stayed May 2014, travelled solo
1 Thank Jon S
Joshua W, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express & Suites Saginaw, responded to this review, 5 May 2014
Jon S.

Holiday Inn Express offers an Advanced Purchase Rate with a deep discount on the room rate to guests that book in advance and the rate is discounted so deeply because it is a non-cancelable, non-refundable reservation. This is explained at the time of reservation by our reservation agents. I apologize if you misunderstood the reservation policy for an advance purchase reservation. When I spoke with you personally, I did offer you the option to change the dates for you (against company policy) to another date into the future and I would honor the rate for you even if the rate would have been higher. I hope you give us a chance to show you our award winning hospitality and customer service. In no way do we want our guests to leave un-satisfied. Please feel free to give me a call back at the hotel should you decide to change the dates of your stay.

Bad Axe, Michigan
Reviewed 1 May 2014

When i went to the hoilday inn express it was great . We were pool side and it was so nice (: The pool was nice and warm and the hottub was really nice too . I cant wait to go back. The staff are really nice. I cant wait to come back it was great. The room was nice and clean (:

Room Tip: Pool side is the best
  • Stayed April 2014, travelled with friends
1 Thank Josie S
Joshua W, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express & Suites Saginaw, responded to this review, 4 May 2014
Josie S,

Thank you for choosing the Holiday Inn Express & Suites of Saginaw for your lodging choice in Saginaw! It is great to hear that you enjoyed our indoor pool and hot tub. Our poolside rooms are some of the most popular rooms in our hotel! Our staff always strives to provide the consistent, award winning service you were provided as well as clean, comfortable rooms. We look forward to seeing you again in the future and serving you!

Iron Mountain, Michigan, United States
Reviewed 27 April 2014

We loved this hotel! Excellent service, great breakfast with lots of choics, beautiful pool and hot tub area with a sauna and fitness room, clean room , friendly staff and a great location. We will be coming back for sure.

Room Tip: If you have kids choose a room in the pool/hot tub/sauna/fitness area.
  • Stayed April 2014, travelled with family
1 Thank JayJayHellman
Joshua W, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express & Suites Saginaw, responded to this review, 28 April 2014
JayJayHellman,

Thank you for the rave review! I am excited to see that you love our hotel. Our mission is to create Great Hotels that Guests Love! I am very proud of our award winning staff and the level of service they provided for you and your family. We can't wait for you to book your next stay with us as we are eager to serve you again.
Fond du Lac, Wisconsin
Reviewed 25 April 2014

I couldn't have been happier with my stay here! The room was quiet, comfortable and exceptionally clean. The common areas were well kept and the staff was very friendly.
It has a great location with several stores and restaurants very close by. It was quite far away from where I was working but was well worth the extra miles traveled. I'd definitely return to this hotel for a stay if I have to return to the area.

Room Tip: If you can get one, the pool side rooms are spectacular with an entrance to the pool directly from t...
Green Features: The hotel encourages using towels more than once. I've seen this at several HIE's. Any money they can save limiting water usage ultimately saves the customer on room prices. I like the idea.
  • Stayed April 2014, travelled on business
1 Thank Bryan B
Joshua W, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express & Suites Saginaw, responded to this review, 27 April 2014
Bryan B,

It is great to hear that you couldn't be more happier about your stay with us in Saginaw! We pride ourselves on our award winning service, staff, and cleanliness. I agree, our poolside rooms are spectacular and great for those traveling with families. We are a Green Leader which means we try to conserve our energy usage and help to play our part in conserving energy for our planet. We look forward to serving you when you come back to the Saginaw area in the future.