“New hotel”

Ranked #7 of 23 Hotels in Saginaw
Chicago, Illinois
“New hotel”
Reviewed 19 March 2014 via mobile

This is not a bad choice in the marriott sampler block that has spring hill suites, Fairfield, and towneplace all in one block. The rooms are nicely appointed, good desk, comfy bed, thermostat controlled hvac which I like, big bathroom, lots of electric plugs, nice flat screen tv. Like all towneplaces, the potential for noise is there but my stay was pretty quiet. I didn't get a chance to grab breakfast, but suspect it's pretty low key, but I'm a grab and go kind of guy on work trips so fine by me.

Stayed March 2014, travelled on business

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (14)
Trenton, Michigan
Reviewed 19 February 2014

My husband and I wanted to extend our Frankenmuth stay a night and choose to stay in Saginaw because of Marriott points we received a free room. I choose the TownePlace Suites because it was new. I have stayed at the "sister properties" next door and have been very impressed. The noise level in this hotel was so great that we didn't get much sleep. My husband called to the front desk a couple of times but the noise continued all night. People running up and down the hall and above us. The doors slammed shut. The pool was extremely small and no hot tub. There were so many kids in that we did not go in. Although it is supposed to be adults only after 10, we did not want to ask them to leave. The room was very clean and nicely decorated.

• Stayed February 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank KellyK0117
SaginawTownePlace_GM, General Manager at TownePlace Suites Saginaw, responded to this review, 20 February 2014
Good Morning KellyK0117,

Thank you very much for choosing to stay at our hotel as I know there are many options in our area. I appreciate the feedback you gave us as we highly value any and all responses from our guests to make us a better team and hotel.

Please accept my sincerest apology from the noise you experienced in the hotel. We always strive to give our guests the best possible experienece and I apologize that we came up short during your stay. I will be sure to go over our noise policy and how to proactively deal with noise issues like yours, so that this will not be a recurring issue for others.

Thank you again for staying with us and I greatly appreciate your honesty towards your stay. I hope we will see you again and that you will give us another chance to impress you in the near future. If you ever need anything, don't hestiate to contact me directly at the hotel. I hope you have a wonderful day.

John Vargo
MANISTEE
Reviewed 19 January 2014

We had an unplanned stop over in Saginaw, MI and decided to stay here. We had stayed in the sister property on the next lot two years ago. This hotel is fairly new. We love that the rooms are suites with a two burner stove top, microwave, apartment size fridge, dishwasher, pans, dishes, and a few kitchen items if you plan to cook in your room. As business travelers. We appreciate the roominess and good, well thought out storage and workspace. I also appreciate the large under sink storage space to keep bathroom supplies. Comfy bed and pillows. The pool is average...not hot tub...work out room has quality machines...laundry first floor. Breakfast was average....fresh fruit, cereals, yogurt, milk, bagels, muffins, clean, fresh, nice environment. There is a nice outdoor gas fire pit, small sitting area....if you are going with friends in warmer months and want to enjoy an outdoor fire pit at night, stay at the sister property next door...much larger outdoor area. Very nice, clean, comfortable.

Room Tip: We were just steps from our car!
  • Stayed January 2014, travelled as a couple
Montreal, Canada
Reviewed 14 October 2013

Booked two suites here for two nights. Rooms are quite spacious with very modern decor and still had a new room smell to it. Housekeeping was efficient and service was great. The full kitchen really helps if you are looking to prepare your own healthy meals and store drinks during your trip. The elevators were also pretty fast.

During our stay, there appeared to be many guests attending a girls' soccer tournament so the parking lot was quite full and find parking was a little difficult. Breakfast, as other reviewers have pointed out, is quite minimal with no hot food selections.

Overall, I'd definitely stay here again if I can get it for a competitive price again.

• Stayed October 2013, travelled with family
London, Canada
Reviewed 28 September 2013

We recently stayed at this hotel thinking it would be like any other. We were pleasantly surprised with the size of the room, kitchenette, and the size of the washroom. When we booked the hotel we were skeptical because of how inexpensive it was.
We will definitely stay here again. Please don't change the price!

• Stayed September 2013
Mississauga, Canada
Reviewed 6 September 2013

Booked a 2 bedroom suite for 3 nights for my family of four. Queen beds in both rooms but one bath. It would have been nice to have a second bath or at least a powder room. Kitchen is efficient and I even baked some cookies. Housekeeping could have been better, upon arrival I found a few dirty dishes in the dishwasher and the next day we didn't get any soap/shampoos. After doing some shopping, I left empty boxes/wrappers/ bags by the door but it was still there the next day.

Close to shopping with Target and Walmart across the street and a shopping mall a block away. About 20 minutes from Frankenmuth and Birch Run.

Overall it was a great location and well maintained/clean. Front desk staff were courteous and friendly as was the woman who maintained the breakfast area. We will definitely stay here for our next visit.

• Stayed August 2013, travelled with family
Holland, Michigan
Reviewed 4 September 2013

Booked this room online for my mom and I while visiting family. Very surprised at the size of the room. Probably more than we needed for an overnight stay but the price was right compared to the other hotels around. We had a handicap accessible room which accommodated my mom's walker very well. Only thing was there wasn't a roll in shower. The pool was not very large but they did have an adults only hour in the evening. Everything seemed very clean. The staff was very friendly and accommodating.

• Stayed August 2013, travelled with family