Residence Inn by Marriott Saginaw
US$143
US$110
US$121
US$109
Relax Inn of Saginaw(Saginaw)(Great Value!)
US$50
US$48
All reviewsfront deskone bedroom suiteplace to staywe've stayeddishwasherinnsfurniture
Reviewed 6 February 2012

The Residence Inn-Saginaw is a physically nice property off I-675 and near major shopping centers. The night clerk was very friendly and helpful. I didnt get a chance to evaluate the work-out facilities and the breakfast (eggs, sausage, yogurt, fresh fruit, oatmeal) was superb. The room size was huge and it was nice to have space. Free internet is always a big plus. Full kitchen is great if needed.

Unfortunately, there were a few other issues with the room. For one, the walls are paper thin and I could hear other guests through the walls. Two, the thermostat is locked at 67 degrees, which is fine for energy savings, but the bed is right next to the window and it did get chilly. Normally not a problem, there was an extra blanket...but it was dirty and not something you'd want to sleep under.

Other than that, the room was fine, but I'd probably explore something that was a little quieter, and warmer.

• Stayed: February 2012, travelled on business
1  Thank Atman S
Reviewed 18 January 2012

Stopped here on my way home from a business trip when the weather got bad. Great rate on a room with my government discount. I love staying at Residence Inn-one of my favorite places to stay. The rooms are always great and I love the full kitchen. Breakfast had an excellent choice.
When I went to my car the manager was outside wiping snow off the cars. An A plus!

• Stayed: January 2012, travelled on business
Reviewed 15 November 2011

Just returned from our annual "Deer Widows" weekend shopping trip. Have stayed previously at the Holiday Inn Express which is also great. We had a ground floor room but would request to not be beside the exit door as we could hear people outside smoking in the morning and the door opening/closing. The one bedroom suite was very spacious with a nice kitchen with granite counters, dishwasher, fridge, microwave and all eating utensils, plates and glasses that you will need. The toilet and shower are seperate from the vanity area which is nice when you are sharing space. The living area had a fireplace, chair, sofabed (which was comfortable to sleep on), table and 2 chairs and a desk with free internet. They provide you a code on check in. There were 2 TV's and the heating system was very easy to operate. The front desk staff is very helpful with directions and the breakfast was free and edible. Pool was very clean. The grounds were very well cared for, and there is a grassy pet area. We would definately stay here again, it is great value and in a perfect location just off the main drag Tittawabassee Road. The hotel is across from the Target and near the Fashion Outlet mall, Meijers, Burlington Coat Factory, TJ Maxx and good restaurants.

Room Tip: I asked for a ground floor room so we didn't have to haul all our shopping bags up the stairs. Ask to not be right beside the exit door.
  • Stayed: November 2011, travelled with friends
Reviewed 11 October 2011

We booked three rooms, online, for a relaxed weekend of shopping, a nice fall drive also a visit to Frankenmuth. We were a bit early arriving, but 2 of the three rooms were ready and the desk offered to hold the luggage for the third while we continued our day. When we returned and entered the rooms we were surprised to find, in addition to the king bed, a huge room, including : a kitchenette, 2 arm chairs ,a sofa, desk, and 2 bar stools at the bar counter. The kitchen included a full size fridge, 2 burner stove, microwave, dishwasher and garbarator! The bed was separate from the living room as was the bathroom. The room was as clean and neat as a pin, and even included coffee, a real coffee maker as well as a complimentary package of microwave popcorn. Ammenities also included, a pool, a pool table/recreation room, and breakfast in the morning. All this for $119.00 per night!!! The local shopping stores/malls and restaurants were awesome, and should easily please every one. Frankenmuth is 20 minutes away, as is the Birch Run Outlet Mall. If I could, I would offer better than a "5"! The hotel was above average by far and the location was perfect.

Room Tip: Ask about the the "no charge" grocery shopping service!
  • Stayed: October 2011, travelled with friends
1  Thank garry1958
Reviewed 22 July 2011

We were traveling from Philadelphia to Traverse City, MI and stopped overnight for a break. We got the last room at Residence Inn and booked my mom next door at Springhill. It took all of about 30 seconds to realize what a horrible mistake I had made. This hotel felt dirty, they was a junebug in the hall outside our room, and the furniture was a little torn and tattered. The management was very nice about our switching hotels, but I was surprised that it was so unkempt. I have never stayed at Marriott in this shape before. Disappointed, and shocked by all the great reviews here on Tripadvisor!

• Stayed: June 2011