“Disgusting Rooms & Rude Staff”

Americas Best Value Inn-Saginaw South
Ranked #19 of 23 Hotels in Saginaw
Reviewed 2 May 2013

I went out and bought a can of Lysol to spray the room. It was dirty, was afraid to sit on the bed.
Hotel is very run down, needs a lot of maintenance. Staff is not polite, they argue back with guests.

• Stayed: April 2013, travelled as a couple

Reviewed 1 October 2012

I'm a foreigner and I stayed here for a few days I was to spend at a conference. The people treated me very good. They were knowledgeable and helped me many times. Showed me where I could get something to eat, called cabs for me, and always were courteous. This place for the value was good for me.

• Stayed: September 2012, travelled on business
2  Thank Amir K
Reviewed 25 September 2012

You can tell that the owners are trying to fix the hotel up. The smell of new paint is in the hallways and my room. The front desk answered all my questions about where I should eat and go for a great night out.Not bad for the price I paid I would stay here again.

• Stayed: September 2012, travelled with family
2  Thank Hotelguest28512
Reviewed 10 September 2012

A former Best Western turned into a Best Value, Honestly if this is the way the new company bought it I don't blame BW for selling it. It was kinda run down. But, the room was clean. The staff was very courteous. The Continental Breakfast wasn't too bad. There was ample parking for big rigs. We were traveling cross country and just needed a place to crash. This worked. May I suggest you ask to see your room first.

• Stayed: August 2012, travelled with family
Reviewed 26 August 2012

Ok we stayed the weekend here. I could not cancel or get a refund due to booking thru yahoo. First it stinks next our bathroom was dirty on the soap rack, the beds suck, hot tub didnt work, and to much chlorine in the pool i had to flush my eyes out and could not open them for several minutes. Toilet seat in our room was broken. Wall paper falling off the walls, stains all over. The games in the pool area are all junk! No net on the ping pong table. Also when u shower the water drains slow. And the lockers in the pool area looked like they have not been cleaned in months. Not a place i would stay at again!

• Stayed: August 2012
1  Thank Missy49783
Reviewed 15 August 2012

First, I want to say the staff here is friendly and they try to help you. That being said, this hotel needs an overhaul. The lobby and pool area seems okay, however, the rooms need to be redone and hotel needs to purchase much-needed supplies. There are stains everywhere (floor, beds, couches, ceilings, towels, etc), and our room did not have blankets and bedspread.(Fortunately we use our own blankets and pillows when traveling). Water in tub took hours to drain after showering. There is a lounge in the Hotel and on a Sunday night there was thumping music until the early hours. With some TLC and some room renovations this can be a convenient hotel as it is right off from I-75 in Saginaw and convenient to those traveling to and from the UP. I hope they really make an all-out-effort and make this a good place to stay. Good luck!

Room Tip: Poolside Rooms are convenient to the pool. There is a lounge int he hotel, so if there is a party...
  • Stayed: August 2012, travelled with family
1  Thank sallybeecleveland
Reviewed 27 June 2012

Don't go here, I mean it. went to check in at 3:00 - multiple rooms. most rooms not ready until after 10:00 pm. Was with a group - here is what we collectively experienced. Smelly, musty rooms, sewer flies, dirty sheets, blood on a pillow, visible stains on walls, carpets, beds, ceilings, boxsprings. Cigarette burns in comforters, and windows. Rooms not cleaned yet but keys given any way, those rooms waited hours to be cleaned. Not enough towels in rooms, towels that were there were scratchy. broken elevator, keys given to new customers even though rooms were occupied. Cold water not working. At check in, pubic hair on used soap in shower, dead skin and nails on sink counter. gunk on sheets, sheets appeared to have been used, many threadbare. no mattress covers, so when you lifted the sheets to check for bedbugs, all stains were clearly visible. No sprinklers in the event of fire. Is this place even up to code? Should it be reported to the health department? broken ice machines, worn and old across the board. probably the worst neighborhood in Saginaw. I understand the red roof inn down the street is host to drug dealers and prostitutes. That was all this place was missing to complete the picture. I feel bad for the people that work there. They try to help but the product they have to sell you is just awful.

Room Tip: keep driving.
  • Stayed: June 2012, travelled with family