“Happy New Year!!”

Ramada Saginaw Hotel & Suites
Ranked #2 of 23 Hotels in Saginaw
Reviewed 13 January 2012

I stayed at the Ramada Inn Saginaw for their New Year's Eve Celebration. I was pleasantly greeted by the friendly staff. They had a Hollywood Theme and my room was decorated with a Hollywood star and complimentary bottle of champaigne with an autograph picture of the famous Dean Martin - what a nice touch! The room was very clean and comfortable - the party was fantastic and the band was outstanding - I think I will definately consider this hotel for next New Year's Eve! Everything was wonderful and I would recommend this hotel to anyone traveling into Saginaw for business or a getaway!

• Stayed: December 2011, travelled as a couple
GM3325, General Manager at Ramada Saginaw Hotel & Suites, responded to this reviewResponded 14 January 2012

Dear New Year's Eve Party Girl,
Thank you for taking the time to recap your stay with us on New Year's Eve. The Hotel Hollywood New Year's Eve party was a huge success at the Ramada Inn and Suites Saginaw. I am glad you enjoyed bringing in the new year with us. Thank you for commenting on our friendly staff, clean rooms and outstanding entertainment. Most of all thank you for recommending us to people traveling into Saginaw. We hope to see you back at the Ramada Inn and Suites Saginaw and you don't have to wait until next year to visit!

Reviewed 10 December 2011

As far as I'm concerned, this hotel is nearly perfect. What a wonderful surprise! First, I find Ramada Inns to be "hit and miss." Some are ok; some are not. This one is phenomenal in every respect.

First, it is spotlessly clean and the furnishings are beautiful. They are not cheap and worn out. There is a lot of beautiful wood in this place, all beautifully polished. The carpets are in excellent shape. It is perhaps the best maintained hotel I've ever stayed in.

This hotel offers outstanding services: free airport pickup, free van service within a very wide radius. During the week, (Mon. through Thur.) they offer breakfast *and dinner!* in the price (at least they were doing that when I stayed). And these meals are not quickie buffets. There is an elegant dining room with table service by very pleasant, well trained wait staff. I had a full breakfast and a full dinner, complete with dessert, salad and beverage. The rates are extremely reasonable, too. The front desk staff bent over backwards to help and the shuttle driver could not have been nicer.

The hotel is in a beautiful residential area. I took a long, long walk in beautiful neighborhoods adjacent to the Ramada. There aren't even any weeds in the lawns!

I had a standard room in the front of the complex (which is very large). My room had a queen sized bed, a separate work area for use with a computer, a second area to do work, and a sofa that was in excellent shape. The bath/shower and toilet were separate from the wash area. The room had a refrigerator and microwave, ironing board/iron. It was beautifully furnished with quality furniture and a gorgeous wood armoire/closet...a big one.

The only possible negative (or positive depending on your point of view) is that cell phone service is limited or non existent in at least one wing because of the concrete walls. You might have to go to the lobby or outdoors to pick up a signal.

For anyone visiting Saginaw Valley State University, this one's a no brainer. This Ramada is much nicer than the chain hotels closer to the university and it's far less expensive. I stayed an extra day because I liked it that much.

My highest compliments to the Ramada Inn and Suites in Saginaw, MI. I will be back. Keep up the great work.

Room Tip: If cell phone service is important, let the front desk know before they assign your room.
  • Stayed: October 2011, travelled on business
GM3325, General Manager at Ramada Saginaw Hotel & Suites, responded to this reviewResponded 29 December 2011

Dear SVSU visitor,
Thank you for taking the time to detail your experience with us at the Ramada Inn and Suites, Saginaw, MI. We truly appreciate customer feedback and we are thrilled that we exceeded your expectations. Our housekeeping staff works very hard to keep this hotel spotless and well maintained, thank you for acknowledging them. I am also happy you were able to take advantage of our complimentary breakfast and our free dinner served tableside Monday-Thursday. The room you stayed in was one of our 2-room suites which are very spacious and well appointed as you mentioned. We certainly hope you will get a chance to visit Saginaw and stay with us again soon!

Reviewed 23 November 2011

We stayed at this hotel on their girls' getaway package. Our room was spacious with a living room/kitchenette (fridge, microwave, sink) and separate bedroom with 2 queen beds. The hotel was less than 20 minutes from Birch Run outlets, and 5 minutes to Target, Kohl's, Meijer and Toys R Us. There was also a shopping mall close by, but we didn't go to it.
The hotel was clean and for the most part quiet. There was a connecting door to the next room and the sound travelled through it. Our neighbours were early risers!
The free continental breakfast was standard. Bagels, toast, eggs, pastries. Okay.
As part of the package we also got a free drink each at the hotel bar. They played good current music, and there was a video screen & dj.
When I went to checkout the rate quoted was not the one being charged. The girl on the front desk called her manager and they got the rate corrected. No hassles.
Overall we were very happy with our stay and would definitely stay again.

Room Tip: If the purpose of your trip is shopping request a room on the first floor (no elevator). Much easier...
  • Stayed: November 2011, travelled with friends
1  Thank lswoods74

Dear Girls Getaway Group,
Thank you for selecting our hotel for your Girls Getaway! We have many ladies traveling through Saginaw that stay and take advantage of all that package has to offer. I am glad you got all your shopping in and you are right - we are conveniently located close to Birch Run Outlets, Frankenmuth and Fashion Square Mall. I am also glad you made time to enjoy the DI Lounge and Grill - our DJ always loves the Girls Getaway Groups! I appreciate the time you took to write a review about your stay and I look forward to hosting your Getaway again next year! Please call me personally to find out what special events may be taking place in the area while you are here!

Reviewed 13 November 2011

I stayed at the Ramada for 2 months for a rotation at Covenant healthcare, and my experience was very good. Whatever you need the staff can provide it for you. The room was great, spacious and clean. The staff are very nice and professional, the shuttle takes you to almost anywhere you want and picks you up whenever you want.
As a student I had a very nice time since a lot of students stay at the Ramada for their rotations, so it's always nice to meet with other students and talk about different experiences in a friendly environment and for sure the Ramada helps making that easier, they plan events for the students so they get to meet one another.
Breakfast and dinner were OK,a different meal each day for dinner and that is served 4 days a week, however breakfast is served everyday.
The only downside is that the food wasn't that great, I would say they need to work some more on the restaurant and the meals.
Housekeeping was fine, sometimes they forget some stuff but nothing major and nothing that can not be solved with a phone call to the front desk.
Bottom line, if you're a student and you don't want to worry about cleaning and eating, i would say the Ramada inn and suites at Saginaw is probably your best option.

• Stayed: August 2011, travelled solo
1  Thank Adonis I
GM3325, General Manager at Ramada Saginaw Hotel & Suites, responded to this reviewResponded 15 November 2011

Dear Etended Stay Guest,
Thank you for taking the time to review our hotel and point out that customer service is our #1 priority. Thank you also for detailing the things we do to go above and beyond to make our guests comfortable and feel at home. I also appreciate your comments regarding our food and beverage department. Without your feedback, it would be more challenging on where to focus efforts to become even better. We certainly hope that your career travels bring you back to Saginaw and back to "your home away from home" the Ramada Inn and Suites, Saginaw.

Reviewed 3 November 2011

I stayed here for a teacher conference, so the hotel was chosen for me. It turned out to be much nicer than I anticipated. My room was huge, with a comfortable king-size bed and a huge jacuzzi. I could sit in the hot tub in my room and watch tv!

When I arrived, I discovered that the tv remote needed batteries. After I called the front desk, a friendly repairman was there within 5 minutes.

The nightly rate included dinner, which was very good both nights.

The only downside is that it is in what appears to be an old, motel converted into a hotel, which also makes the layout rather annoying. Other than that, no complaints, and I'm pretty picky. :-)

• Stayed: October 2011, travelled on business

Dear Teacher,
Thank you for taking the time to review the Ramada Inn and Suites Saginaw, on Tripadvisor. Good for you that you got to experience one of our whirlpool suites, they are large, comfortable and watching TV while relaxing after a long conference is a well deserved reward. I am glad you enjoyed the complimentary dinner and I am also pleased that we were quick to respond to your request for batteries. We hope you will come back and stay with us on your next trip to Saginaw!
Yours in Hospitality,

Reviewed 1 November 2011

I highly recommend the hotel for medical students on rotation in the Saginaw area. The staff are professional and friendly. The atomosphere is very comfortable and quiet. There are sitting rooms to enjoy some peace and quiet while reading or studying. The suites are equipped with a small refrigerator and microwave perfect for light snacks. Dinner is included in the nightly rate (Mon-Thurs). Very happy with my selection to stay here and would definitely stay here again if my clerkships bring me back to the area. Only difficulty was finding local dining near the hotel.

• Stayed: September 2011, travelled solo
1  Thank mdsupacuchak

Dear Future Doctor,
Thank you for taking the time to write about your experience at the Ramada Inn and Suites Saginaw on Tripadvisor. Many travelers gain knowledge and trust by reading these reviews. It is nice to know that you found the hotel atmosphere comfortable and quiet as well as appreciated the ammenties in your room like the mini refrigerator and microwave. It will be our sincere pleasure to have you back as our guest for a clerkship and we wish you much success with your studies.
Best wishes to you in your medical career!

Reviewed 16 September 2011

Up there with lots of family for a big event. Saginaw is a city on the mend and its rustbelt history is evidenced by empty property in what were once prime locations. I'd been told the place was just fine, but I wasn't sure when I picked this motel what it was that I was inviting all my family to experience.

Pleasant surprise would understate my reaction. This is a great place with a terrific staff. They are attentive and accommodating. Just one example: there is a free evening meal (not buffet...actually table service...one entree...better than decent), but we walked down to the dining room, over twenty of us, 10 minutes before it was over. I apologized for the timing and asked if there was anything they might be able to do. The young waitress was gracious and unflustered, saying simply "Sit down. We'll be happy to feed you." If that was any stretch she gave no sign of it.

Rooms were clean and well-appointed. The fam. had almost 2 dozen rooms and everyone remarked on how nice the accommodations were. Best part? This is the least expensive of all the "brand name" properties in the area. Go figure.

Room Tip: The suites are a tremendous value--only a modest upcharge from a basic room with 2 beds. They compa...
  • Stayed: August 2011, travelled with family
GM3325, General Manager at Ramada Saginaw Hotel & Suites, responded to this reviewResponded 30 September 2011

Dear Chicago visitor,
Thank you for taking the time to recount your experience with our hotel, Ramada Inn and Suites, Saginaw, MI. I enjoyed reading the details of your pleasant experience during your stay. Our staff does a great job of making everyone's experience special and it was nice of you to note that in your review. You are right, our suites are very large and well appointed and our rates are affordable for even the most cost conscious traveler. The complimentary dinner served Monday-Thursday is a value added feature you don't find at many hotels. We look forward to the next time your family visits Saginaw, MI and stays at the Ramada Inn and Suites.
Yours in Hospitality,