“Great weekend getaway”

Four Points by Sheraton Saginaw
Ranked #4 of 23 Hotels in Saginaw
Reviewed 11 November 2013

I read quite a few reviews and was worried what to expect! This property is doing renovations but was definitely not a hassle. The front desk staff were great and very helpful..the rooms were clean everything was new..very convenient to shopping, restaurants.. the pool was great it was half indoor and half out...
definitely was worth the money! had a great stay

Room Tip: I added that the breakfast was poor but they did tell me that their restaurant was closed so to be e...
  • Stayed: November 2013, travelled with friends
Rick R, General Manager at Four Points by Sheraton Saginaw, responded to this reviewResponded 21 November 2013

Dear jannieannie1,

Thank you for your review. We are pleased that you enjoyed your recent stay and we appreciate your patience as we near the end of our renovations! Hopefully we will be announcing very soon the name of our new restaurant partner, and plans to offer a more substantial breakfast option. Stay tuned for updates, and check out our Facebook page, as we have posted many before & after photos of the renovation progress! We look forward to your next visit, as well as to your continued feedback!

Reviewed 23 October 2013

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled with family
Review collected in partnership with Easytobook.com
1  Thank Kaitlyn S

Reviewed 29 September 2013

I stayed in this hotel in 2009 and was happy to book again. I dont have any outstanding memories of my first visit apart from how nice the staff were, but I remember my room was fine, there was a restaurant, and a swimming pool I didnt go to.

I found on this trip that the hotel is basically being completely remodelled and there a contractors everywhere. The front of the building is shut so you have to go round to a temporary reception at the back. I was in a renovated room which was fine, the unrenovated areas leading to it are obviously desperately in need of the contractors attention, and very threadbare, so it's good that they are doing it.

The restaurant is closed, as is the pool. There is a pretty limited cold breakfast on offer in one of the meeting rooms in the morning.

The staff are still as charming as ever and making the best of it, and I am pretty sure I recognised people from years back on my first trip. The contractors are also very nice, and I enjoyed chatting to them as we all waited for the currently unrenovated elderly elevator to make its way up and down to our respective floors. However based on how long it seems the renovations have been taking I cant help but think Sheraton would have been much better off just closing the hotel, blitzing the work, and then reopening when its done as currently, (I hate to say it) its not really in a state to have guests at the room rate they are charging. It looked like it will be great when its done though and I look forward to seeing that.

• Stayed: September 2013, travelled on business

Dear ruggedtoast,

Thank you for your feedback regarding your recent stay. I apologize for any inconveniences that you encountered relating to the renovation process. Although it has certainly been a "trying" 12 months for us, the final product will be one that should delight everyone. It most definitely has turned out to be a much more extensive renovation than any of us had planned at the start, however we have corrected many issues as they were discovered and we are nearing the end.
I appreciate your patronage, and your patience and I look forward to your next visit, and hope you will take the opportunity to stop by and provide me with your personal feedback. If I can be of any further assistance, please feel free to contact the hotel directly and ask for me, and I will be glad to discuss our progress!

Reviewed 28 September 2013

We had been driving all day and needed to stop someplace for the night. We pulled over and checked the prices on the hotels in this area. We came across the Sheraton, the hotel was undergoing remodeling so the price was low. The staff was friendly, the room was new-clean, very comfy. The construction was not to bad but we did get a deal on the price so no complaints.
great stay

• Stayed: September 2013, travelled on business
1  Thank michd61

Dear michd61,

Thank you for taking time to provide feedback regarding your recent stay. I am pleased that you enjoyed your stay and the renovated rooms of the hotel. We have made quite a bit of progress since your last visit and are currently in the process of renovating the hallways of the guestroom tower! The transformation has been amazing and we can't wait to show off our finished product to everyone! I appreciate your patronage and patience as we wrap this project up, and we look forward to your next visit!

Reviewed 24 August 2013

As noted in other reviews this hotel is undergoing extensive renovations. If my room was typical, the renovations are worth it and well worth waiting for. The remodeled rooms are very modern. Very comfy. Flat screen TV, desk and work area and strong free wifi. And the bathroom was OMG great. I wanted to STAY in the shower, it was that good. Staff was friendly. The surrounding area wasn't much tho. Still, when they finish the renovations this will be a very pleasant stay.

Stayed: August 2013, travelled with friends
1  Thank Paintergal120
Rick R, General Manager at Four Points by Sheraton Saginaw, responded to this reviewResponded 28 August 2013

Dear Paintergal120,

Thank you for taking the time to review our hotel and to provide feedback regarding our current renovation! As we are very excited to complete this renovation, we are enthused to receive feedback from our guests.
While the process has not been an easy one, nor has it been without its challenges to our guests, we are confident that the finished product will have been worth all of our discomforts!
I am excited to hear that you appreciate the changes we are making, and I know you will love the final product!
We appreciate both your patronage and your faith in our hotel, as we move into the next few phases of our "transformation"! I am sure you will be delighted the next time you return to Saginaw and visit the "shining star" that we will have become.
If I can be of any further assistance, please do not hesitate to contact me directly at 989-790-5050. I look forward to your return and anticipate your next review of our hotel!

Reviewed 11 August 2013

Just passing through area so not a great comcern but this hotel is currently under serious construction... We were given newly reno'd room which was great and bathroom perfect... As always Four points doesn't provide toiletries just dispensers in shower...newly discovered pet peeve of mine is that this chain doesn't line their room trash cans...staff super friendly and helpful, not all rooms come with mini fridge or microwaves... Free breakfast until Sept because hotel restaurant closed for reno, area full of places to eat though...pool ok but closed the 2nd day we were there for reno... Pool has in/outdoor feature... Gym has cardio and ab equipment divided between 2 rooms cuz of reno... If you can carry your bags stay on lower floors by stairs, elevators really slow... I guess once construction done and based on our updated room, it has all the elements of a great hotel...location, friendly staff, great comfy and clean rooms...

Room Tip: Ask for a newly renovated room, & for now, near stairs ... Elevators are really slow... Maybe th...
  • Stayed: August 2013, travelled with family

Dear beendaredunwut,

Thank you for your feedback and for taking the time to review our hotel. As you have observed, we are definitely "knee-deep" into our renovation. It is with great pride that I can report that at this time we officially have no "old rooms" left in our hotel, as we just began the final phase of the guest rooms! We are currently also renovating the indoor/outdoor pool area, courtyard, and fitness center. In the coming weeks we will embark upon transforming the front desk, lobby, main entrance, and finish the exterior of the building. We are very close to announcing our new restaurant partner, which I am confident will delight all of our guests, and we hope that the new restaurant will be open by March of 2014.
We appreciate your patronage to our hotel, and your loyalty to the Four Points brand, and I am certain that you will enjoy all of the changes once complete! I look forward to your return and to your next review of our hotel!
I appreciate your patience during our renovation, and if I can be of any further assistance, or you would like an opportunity to discuss your recent stay further, please do not hesitate to contact me directly at 989-790-5050.

Rick Rautanen, General Manager

Reviewed 17 May 2013 via mobile

I travel for business and spend a lot of nights in hotels. I consider only a limited number of points when deciding for or against a hotel. One of those points is the shower. After a good night's sleep in a comfortable bed in a spacious room I got the best water pressure in the shower I've had in months. Kudos.

• Stayed: May 2013
DirOfSalesCallie, Director of Sales at Four Points by Sheraton Saginaw, responded to this reviewResponded 21 May 2013

Dear PaladinHammond,

Thank you for the great feedback regarding your recent stay with us at the Four Points by Sheraton Saginaw.

We are currently renovating our guest rooms quite extensively, one of the changes that we have made is to our showers. All new glass-enclosed showers are being added to our guest rooms and have made quite an impact within our guestroom bathrooms.

It sounds as though you enjoyed our Four Comfort bedding package as well, in each of the renovated guest rooms we are putting all new mattresses and bedding in ensuring a good night's sleep while you are with us.

We thank you for choosing the Four Points by Sheraton Saginaw and hope to see you with us again very soon. If there is anything additional I can assist you with, please feel free to reach out to me directly at 989-790-5050 or callie.cain@fourpointssaginaw.com.

Warmest Regards,