“Not worth it. Very tired old hotel.”

Four Points by Sheraton Saginaw
Ranked #4 of 23 Hotels in Saginaw
Toronto, Ontario
“Not worth it. Very tired old hotel.”
Reviewed 9 February 2009

We stay in a LOT of hotels for business and leisure, and I would never consider myself to be picky - all I need is clean and to get what is promised. We booked this hotel on Hotwire for $44. If we had paid full price, we would have been FURIOUS. This is a very, very old hotel, and they have pseudo renovated it - new granite in the bathroom, stylish wallpaper. However, the tub looks to be about 30 years old and they PAINTED the tile, which is now peeling off. Ok. No prob. BUT, the shower head sprayed all over the room because of lime deposits, there was no microwave or fridge, and the room was NOISY...we could hear every conversation in the hallway and I woke up at 6am to the guy next door, snoring. The front desk staff were very friendly and pleasant but the one thing I could not abide by - someone elses hair in the bathroom, in a little tumbleweed behind the door. ewwwwwwwwwwwww. Also, we stayed two nights, the second day I thought the hair would be gone after housekeeping left - no. It actually looked like they hadn't even touched the bathroom other than to replace a towel. The restaurant was very mediocre - I know with a free continental breakfast you can't expect much, but the dishes were dirty and spotted and the coffee was served in styrofoam cups. It was just....odd. We actually went to the Denny's the next door the second day. It is odd for us to turn down a free breakfast!

The Hampton across the street is lovely and clean and brand new. No hair. Try that :)

• Stayed February 2009, travelled as a couple

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (44)
Portland, Oregon
Reviewed 25 December 2008

I stayed there for 1 night. The place was clean and well kept. The staff were friendly. Rooms were okay and the internet access in the lobby was very good. Their coupon for breakfast in the near by restaurant was a good deal.
I cannot give any negative comment about them except the noisy fan.
It's a good choice.

• Stayed December 2008, travelled on business
Florida
Reviewed 24 November 2008

I booked this hotel online. I thought that Sheraton hotels were one of the Top of the line in the market. I was wrong. This hotel was $95 a night (Weekday Rate). The bathroom tiles on the wall were painted over. I guess they didnt like the old color. The paint was flaking off. There was no mini-fridge or Microwave in the room. The beds however were comfortable. I have stayed at plenty of Hotels at this price and the other hotels were by far better that this one. There is a Hampton Inn across the street that is cheaper and better. Don't waste your money!

• Liked — Nothing
  • Disliked — Everything
  • Stayed November 2008, travelled as a couple
Webster, New York
Reviewed 14 August 2008

We stayed at the Four Points Sheraton in Saginaw, MI from 07/31-08/03. We were in town for an Army Reunion for my husband. The hotel was clean and the front desk staff was very friendly and accomodating. The continental breakfast that is included was pretty basic and I believe the scrambled eggs were powdered not real (based on taste or lack thereof) the next day we drove to the Country Buffet a couple of miles down the road and had a great breakfast (the day after that the group when to Bill Evan's for breakfast but we did not partake so I cannot comment). The pool is interesting, half indoors and half outside. It would have been sufficient for us (a couple with no kids) to hang out at and even take a dip if it wasn't for the boys baseball team that was in town for a tournament and basically took over the pool and the noise level increased dramatically (you might want to inquire if there are any "groups" that might be there during your stay. The workout room was pretty basic treadmills and eliptical machines... I did not use them but my sister-in-law did and seemed satisfied. The hotel is right off the exit (look for Damons Restaurant sign as that is easier to spot than the Four Points sign) and on a major shopping strip so you should be able to find anything you need pretty quickly - we shopped at Meijjers (spelling?) grocery store and found most of everything we needed including beer, wine and liquor. Beds were pretty comfortable and rooms was clean - overall a decent place and perfect for what we wanted to do which was catch up with friends and family.

• Liked — Location
  • Disliked — Continental Breakfast
  • Stayed August 2008, travelled as a couple
Saginaw, Michigan
Reviewed 2 June 2008

Great staff, wonderful lobby with a fireplace, and the rooms are okay too!

• Stayed April 2008, travelled on business
Ohio
Reviewed 6 March 2008

Hotel property is okay - a bit dated, but seemed to be well maintained. Room was clean and functional, front desk staff was friendly and professional.

Had an issue with the wireless internet access that was never resolved. This is a big problem for me since I travel for business and rely on internet access to catch up on emails, etc. in the evenings. Since the internet service is provided by a 3rd party, it was pretty much out of the hotel's hands, but never-the-less impacted my stay, and my satisfaction.

Will stay there again on future visits.

• Stayed March 2008, travelled on business
Southeast Michigan
Reviewed 20 February 2008

My husband and I stayed in a suite for 3 nights in September 2007 as part of our mini-honeymoon. The room was incredible, we couldn't have asked for anything better! We stayed in a suite, and the bedroom was seperated by a huge wall-entertainment center unit with a TV on each side- one for the bedroom, one for the living area. The wetbar/breakfast area included a sink, coffee maker, fridge, and I think a microwave but I can't exactly remember. Free bottled water each day after housekeeping came through. The bathroom was a DREAM- marble walls, granite countertops, seperate room for the toilet, a huge dressing area, and a glass-walled walk-in marble shower. The shampoos/soaps were very nice smelling and they provided plenty of them. We had a great view of the pool and the surrounding area. The bed was absolute heaven- the fluffiest down comforter, softest sheets, and plenty of pillows to go around. The decor was very nice, soothing. Popcorn machine in the lobby. The free breakfast bar was the only thing that needed severe improvement. The waitstaff was so very friendly and accomodating. Maybe it's because we didn't get to breakfast early enough (hey, we were on our honeymoon!), but the food was not very good. I did take advantage of the yogurt and fresh pineapple chunks though, they were tasty. The restaurant connected to the hotel, called Damon's, served some of the BEST ribs my hubby and I have ever had. We ate there every night we were there, instead of looking for other area restaurants. I highly recommend the babyback ribs and shrimp. You will not be disappointed!! Great deals on happy hour drinks too- the beer and drinks are cold, and they keep coming! I swear we each gained 10 lbs during our stay. We will absolutely return to the Saginaw Four Points Sheraton in the future, and will make sure to book the suite again.

One last note- the hotel has the world's slowest elevators. You'd think for a 5 (?) story hotel, the elevator service would be quick, but on 2 occasions, I hiked up and down the stairs instead of taking the elevator. I started worrying about getting stuck in the elevator and that's NOT a place I wanted to spend my time on my honeymoon!!

Overall, I highly recommend the Four Points Sheraton- Saginaw. I can't wait to go back! And especially go back to have some of those ribs from Damon's! (p.s.- go to the Damon's Restaurant Website to sign up for their mailing list and get a coupon for a free appetizer to take with you when visiting!)

• Liked — The suite- I can't imagine staying in a regular room after that! The restaurant connected to the hotel was oustanding! Most comfortable beds. Awesome shampoo/soap samples. Free popcorn in lobby. Nicest hotel room bathroom I've seen. Very Very Clean and well maintained all-around the entire property! I am in love with this hotel!
  • Disliked — Free breakfast bar needs improvement. (take a cue from the free breakfast offered by Embassy Suites hotels) Slow elevators- I was too afraid to get back on after the first time.
  • Stayed September 2007, travelled as a couple