“Welcoming Hotel”

Ranked #3 of 23 Hotels in Saginaw
Defiance, Ohio
“Welcoming Hotel”
Reviewed 9 May 2013

We stayed at the Fairfield Inn when visiting in Saginaw, Mi. Nice clean hotel. Staff was friendly and helpful. Breakfast had a nice selection of items to chose from. Would stay again when in Saginaw. Hotel is close to many good restaurants and shopping.

• Stayed May 2013, travelled with family

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (43)
Palm Springs, California
Reviewed 21 April 2013

This is a nice Fairfield Inn in Saginaw. The hotel is typical of this brand, clean and comfortable. The staff is very nice, welcoming and professional. I had a larger room that had a comfortable bed and clean. There is a continental breakfast. I was here on business and the hotel is in a good location.

• Stayed March 2013, travelled on business
Au Gres, Michigan
Reviewed 19 April 2013

I stay in hotels quite often for work and pleasure and this was by far the best staff experience I have ever had! Clean rooms, nice pool, but the staff was amazing- every single person I encountered was very cheerful and friendly. Above and beyond in helpfulness! I will be returning there often!! I recommend this place for anyone, singles, familes with children, etc

Room Tip: I stayed on the third floor in case there were a lot of children running up and down the halls for t...
  • Stayed April 2013, travelled on business
Detroit
Reviewed 2 March 2013

Arrived late after spending a day visiting a family member at the hospital. Rate was a bit high even with hospital discount but wasn't hateful. Staff was great and they made sure some breakfast was available as I was leaving very early. My room had clearly been smoked in and I think the deodorizer used might be worse than the smoke. Bed was horribly worn out and should have been replaced 50 years ago and the tv remote would only turn the tv on/off. I wasn't going to be in the room long so I didn't say anything although I'm sure they would have accommodated. Note: I stayed at the Fairfield in Frankenmuth this past summer and had the same lousy worn bed although I chalked that one up to luck of the draw. Must be the area as the other Fairfields Ive stayed in had decent beds. They need to step up on their beds as there are several other hotels in the vicinity with the same price range but better beds. I would stay here again but only after price shopping the competition as many of the local chain hotels all offer great service.

Room Tip: Ask for a room with a good bed
  • Stayed February 2013, travelled solo
algonquin, IL
Reviewed 15 February 2013

Like Dgreene99, I also am a full service Marriott user, and stayed here due to the Residence Inn being full. I thought the property upkeep was good. It was slightly dated, but everything was clean, and there was no sense of 'dingieness' you see in some hotels. Service was outstanding. From the front desk to the manager going around to tables at breakfast asking about stay satisfcation, this is obviously a management team that cares and trains its employees well.
Breakfast is the usual fare you see at this level of hotel. Oatmeal in packets, cereal, toast, etc. If you're looking for a hot meal, with eggs, bacon, etc., this is not the place. My room was well cleaned and did not look dated. The refridgerator was very cold, something you don't often see at some places. TV was a flat screen with a wide channel choice. Internet was free and an easy wireless connection with enough bandwith to handle most tasks. There are a lot of postives with this hotel. There is no restaurant onsite, but the hotel is located squarely in a retail district so your choices are everything from burger joints to sushi places to high end dining. All are close. There are two restaurants that deliver, the ubitquitous pizza place, as well as a chinese restaurant.
A few negatives: Ice machine is on the first floor only. If you're on the third floor you'll have to take the stairs or an achingly slow elevator. Price seemed high to me. I did book at the last minute, so it was a rack rate, but as a Marriott reward member I thought I could get a better price than what I obtained.

Room Tip: If you use a lot of ice, get a room near the elevator, as you'll be schlepping up and down a lot...
  • Stayed February 2013, travelled on business
Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
Reviewed 13 February 2013

Note that I am generally a full service Marriott patron and not this type hotel, so keep that in mind... this property seems to have been here a while... not old, but doesn't seem to be kept up that well... no closed closet, nothing much for breakfast... the people were great and helpful finding a restaurant close by that was local and good... so

• Stayed February 2013, travelled on business
SaginawFF_GM, General Manager at Fairfield Inn & Suites Saginaw, responded to this review, 20 February 2013
Thank you for your feedback regarding your recent stay.

We are excited to announce next year our property will be converted into a Fairfield Inn & Suites; this will included extended breakfast, workout center, business center, and a market for our guests.

I will share your views and comments with my staff to assure that we all learn from your information. I was very pleased to hear that the service you received was top notch.

We hope with our continued efforts to improve, you will keep the Saginaw Fairfield in mind the next time you stay in the area.

Robert E. Kolomak, CHS
Tallahassee
Reviewed 31 December 2012

I happened to be in Town for Thanksgiving and my Grandson mentioned the last time he went swimming had been with Me, last July while in Florida. Well I couldn't allow that! We rented a room for a night on short notice. It was beautiful! We played in the pool for hours! (they also have a Hot tub and nice tables to set and read). We walked next store to Big Lots and found some gogles! Many reasturants were close by, in several price ranges. The Mall right there, you could see it! The Fairfield staff were so friendly and bent over back words to help (not that we needed anything it was all there) Even the cleaning ladies were friendly wishing us a wonderful evening and a happy Thanksgiving!! In the morning we had a wonderful breakfast in the lobby, news paper to read and news on the TV very nice! very enjoyable stay

Room Tip: The pool does Not have a deep end alittle dissapointing
  • Stayed November 2012, travelled with family