“Great value and nice people!”
Review of Bear Cove Inn

Bear Cove Inn
Ranked #15 of 29 Hotels in Saint Ignace
Reviewed 14 July 2013

We arrived on July 4th which and had reserved the Forest Room a few weeks in advance. We were pleasantly surprised by the size and decor! Very clean and very roomy! The owner was pleasant and gave us the "locals" location to see fireworks for the 4th. When we come back next year for a trip through the UP this is where we're staying.

• Stayed: July 2013, travelled as a couple
2  Thank vision_quest61

Reviewed 28 June 2013

My husband and I have been to the Bear Cove Inn multiple times. I believe we have stayed in every themed room they have. Not only are the rooms clean and fun but the price can't be beat.
Bob & Elaine are super sweet and always welcome us with a smile.

• Stayed: August 2012, travelled as a couple
1  Thank CathandLarry
Reviewed 8 April 2013 via mobile

I called 2 weeks in advance of our stay for reservations. When we arrived, we were told we didn't have reservations. Owner wrote down the wrong day. Instead of just getting us an available room, the owner wanted to argue and blame us for her mistake. In the past, they have been friendly and welcoming. There are too many other motels to choose from for me to take my business there.

• Stayed: April 2013
5  Thank coffeedachshund
Reviewed 4 October 2012

I have been to the Bear Cove Inn many times now and every time I go I am more excited than before. The rooms are so cute and homey. Bob and Elaine are two of the nicest people you will ever meet. You will not be disappointed when you stay at the Bear Cove Inn in St. Ignace. Looking forward to the next stay in a couple of weeks.

Room Tip: You will be happy in any themed room.
  • Stayed: May 2012, travelled with family
Reviewed 4 September 2012

I have just read all the reviews. I read half of them to my husband too. I can not believe half of what these people said. We have never had a problem with smells or stickiness in the room. The owners are so nice and helpful. We have stayed in three different rooms and plan on returning to the BEAR COVE. They are not a chain hotel/motel, we believe in supporting our small business owners, and with that comes better service. We recommend the BEAR COVE to everyone. And not one person that we know, has ever complained about there stay. I will be coming back to the BEAR COVE in Oct. on a girls weekend. And every visit, there after.

• Stayed: November 2011, travelled as a couple
1  Thank kacyrevord
Reviewed 29 July 2012

The Bear Cove Inn is a quirky stop with fun theme rooms, best for families. My husband had a great sleep but I was kept awake by the musty smell and the humid stickiness in the room. The owners were very friendly and helpful. Continental breakfast is limited but helped to start off our day. The owners gave useful tips for things to see in the area - they do love where they live - but we were wondering if the places they recommend are partner places and not necessarily the best in the area (e.g. restaurants). If you want to go to the casino, they will give you a voucher for $5 free.

Room Tip: We had the Yooper room with two double beds. Would be great for a family but did smell very musty. A...
  • Stayed: July 2012, travelled as a couple
2  Thank melpitber
Reviewed 11 July 2012

I have only been up north a couple of times now, and this place is so comfy! I love nature and the rooms made me feel like I was camping. The decorations are very cool and unique and the beds are so cozy. The owners are very friendly ( which from the Lower Peninsula, you aren't used to friendly business owners! I work in Birmingham, Trust me!!) Anyway my boyfriend took me to Mackinac Island for our 4th anniversary/ his 27th birthday and we had a great time. I'm not a fan of casinos because I don't have the best of luck with them but the casino was still a fun place to hang out and Bear Cove Inn provided us with a free shuttle to and from so we could drink. It was just an all around great trip and I recommend staying here because it was affordable and they had bagels!

Room Tip: Get one of the rooms with the tree beds! So cute!
  • Stayed: July 2012, travelled as a couple