“cute great value”
Review of Bear Cove Inn

Bear Cove Inn
Ranked #14 of 29 Hotels in Saint Ignace
Reviewed 11 November 2013

I stayed here for 2 nights on November 2013. My daughter and I loved the American eagle themed room. I shower/tub may have been the cleanest I have ever seen in a hotel..not a spot to be found. There were no smells or dust. The free breakfast was a great start to the day with coffee toast waffles and coffee cake. The owner was very nice and gave some tips on what to do. We are both looking forward to staying here again next year. We like to support local whenever we can.

• Stayed: September 2013, travelled with family
2  Thank pterri2000

Reviewed 15 July 2013 via mobile

Loved the fact that we were close to freeway and not in center of town. Room was just adorable and very spacious. Very clean. We just wanted to relax in this cozy room. I should definitely stay again! There was a small store in a minute walk. Bed was comfortable.

• Stayed: July 2013
2  Thank Fbroz
Reviewed 14 July 2013

We arrived on July 4th which and had reserved the Forest Room a few weeks in advance. We were pleasantly surprised by the size and decor! Very clean and very roomy! The owner was pleasant and gave us the "locals" location to see fireworks for the 4th. When we come back next year for a trip through the UP this is where we're staying.

• Stayed: July 2013, travelled as a couple
2  Thank vision_quest61
Reviewed 28 June 2013

My husband and I have been to the Bear Cove Inn multiple times. I believe we have stayed in every themed room they have. Not only are the rooms clean and fun but the price can't be beat.
Bob & Elaine are super sweet and always welcome us with a smile.

• Stayed: August 2012, travelled as a couple
1  Thank CathandLarry
Reviewed 8 April 2013 via mobile

I called 2 weeks in advance of our stay for reservations. When we arrived, we were told we didn't have reservations. Owner wrote down the wrong day. Instead of just getting us an available room, the owner wanted to argue and blame us for her mistake. In the past, they have been friendly and welcoming. There are too many other motels to choose from for me to take my business there.

• Stayed: April 2013
5  Thank coffeedachshund
Reviewed 4 October 2012

I have been to the Bear Cove Inn many times now and every time I go I am more excited than before. The rooms are so cute and homey. Bob and Elaine are two of the nicest people you will ever meet. You will not be disappointed when you stay at the Bear Cove Inn in St. Ignace. Looking forward to the next stay in a couple of weeks.

Room Tip: You will be happy in any themed room.
  • Stayed: May 2012, travelled with family
Reviewed 4 September 2012

I have just read all the reviews. I read half of them to my husband too. I can not believe half of what these people said. We have never had a problem with smells or stickiness in the room. The owners are so nice and helpful. We have stayed in three different rooms and plan on returning to the BEAR COVE. They are not a chain hotel/motel, we believe in supporting our small business owners, and with that comes better service. We recommend the BEAR COVE to everyone. And not one person that we know, has ever complained about there stay. I will be coming back to the BEAR COVE in Oct. on a girls weekend. And every visit, there after.

• Stayed: November 2011, travelled as a couple