“Worth the time”

Museum of Ojibwa Culture
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: <1 hour
Owner description: At this National Historic Landmark, visitors can learn about 17th century St. Ignace: the Ojibwa who formed the population, the Huron refugees and the French who established the area as the center of fur trade. Check out our award winning Clan Park, the beautiful new Sculpture Park and our Longhouse on our grounds. Also visit Father Marquettes burial site in our Marquette Mission Park. Admission is by donation. Must be seen to be believed! Amazing!
Reviewed 23 September 2013

Worth a stop. We learned a lot about the Ojibwa people and also Father Marquette. There is no fee but was more than happy to give a donation.

Reviewed 22 September 2013

I really liked the great visual time line history, not at all boring and very nicely displayed. Beautiful native crafts but most were too expensive for me though I'm sure they are worth every penny. They also had a walking tour that I wish we'd had time to enjoy.

Reviewed 12 September 2013

Extremely interesting Indian artifacts & history of the Upper Peninsula of Michigan. Highly recommend to all, especially those w/children.

Reviewed 5 September 2013 via mobile

My 5 yr old and I stumbled upon this great little museum on a recent vacation. The attendant was awesome and shared so much about the museum and art work. My daughter is of Maya Indian heritage so she loved learning about native Americans. It's a great educational visit and must see. Loved the teepee!

Reviewed 3 September 2013

I happened upon this just driving by wanting something to do that wouldn't take long. The lady inside was friendly and explained some of the history of the building, formerly a church, and told me to go in and take my time. They don't chage admission but appreciate donations. It was well worth going in and wandering around. There is a very well done museum with interactive exhibits and many examples of real Native American crafts and culture, and animal pelts everywhere. There is also a shop with handmade jewelry, music, and small leather items for sale including dreamcatchers of every size. Outside this lovely area is a flower filled park with multitudes of colorful blooms and a full sized bark structure showing how the community shelters were built. The only thing that I can compare this exhibit to is the village in Jamestown VA. Both are excellent and educational.