“Cool little museum”

Museum of Ojibwa Culture
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: <1 hour
Owner description: At this National Historic Landmark, visitors can learn about 17th century St. Ignace: the Ojibwa who formed the population, the Huron refugees and the French who established the area as the center of fur trade. Check out our award winning Clan Park, the beautiful new Sculpture Park and our Longhouse on our grounds. Also visit Father Marquettes burial site in our Marquette Mission Park. Admission is by donation. Must be seen to be believed! Amazing!
Reviewed 25 September 2013 via mobile

A good free place to visit to get a feel for the background of the area. Especially interesting was the grave of Father Marquette. The store is also neat.

Reviewed 23 September 2013

Worth a stop. We learned a lot about the Ojibwa people and also Father Marquette. There is no fee but was more than happy to give a donation.

Reviewed 22 September 2013

I really liked the great visual time line history, not at all boring and very nicely displayed. Beautiful native crafts but most were too expensive for me though I'm sure they are worth every penny. They also had a walking tour that I wish we'd had time to enjoy.

Reviewed 12 September 2013

Extremely interesting Indian artifacts & history of the Upper Peninsula of Michigan. Highly recommend to all, especially those w/children.

Reviewed 5 September 2013 via mobile

My 5 yr old and I stumbled upon this great little museum on a recent vacation. The attendant was awesome and shared so much about the museum and art work. My daughter is of Maya Indian heritage so she loved learning about native Americans. It's a great educational visit and must see. Loved the teepee!