“They lost a meal”

Jose's Cantina
Price range: US$7 - US$16
Cuisines: Italian
Good for: Child-friendly, Kids, Groups
Dining options: Dinner, Accepts American Express, Accepts Discover, Accepts Mastercard, Accepts Visa, Free Off-Street Parking, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Outdoor Seating, Parking Available, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Television, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Description: We are an Italian Restaurant opening this May 22, 2016. We are a new restaurant featuring family style spaghetti and more.
Grand Rapids, Michigan
“They lost a meal”
Reviewed 24 May 2014

We took our family there last nite, after waiting a while for our food, seven of us got our meal and my husband's was not included. We had a new waitress and really felt the kitchen staff " run her under the bus" and set her up. First she was told it was coming up, then it was a mistake. After everyone had slowly eaten and that meal did not show up, my husband went to the hostess and said don't even bother any morel Suddenly the food was ready and we said just forget it. I guess the fact that it we were not going to be charged for his dinner was suppose to appease us. We just wanted the food on time. In the 19 minutes we waited for food (yes, I did time it) we had also seen another person's food go back and another meal gotten for that customer. Even Joet had disappeared during that time. When the hostess again apologized for the tardiness of the food, I said we just won't come again. She snapped at me saying " Have you never made a mistake" I said yes I have but at least can admit it. I think the waitress was trying, and she did really good with the kids but maybe the kitchen help needs to understand that they need to get on the ball. Even it they had to make the dinner again, cut up steak does not take that long to cook. ,

• Visited May 2014
1 Thank marianne L

Carol Stream, Illinois, United States
“pork was just phenomenal!”
Reviewed 24 May 2014

We had the pork nachos, they were excellent!!!! Also had chicken tamales they were delicious!!! We got them to go. While I was waiting for my order, I was asked by 3 different people if I was being taken care of. Very friendly staff.

Visited May 2014
Kalamazoo, Michigan
“Great view, friendly service, and good food!”
Reviewed 9 May 2014

The food was very good, especially for Mexican food in the U.P! The view is amazing and Mackinac Island is easy to see. Had the Flan for dessert and that was very good. My fish tacos were also very good.

Visited May 2014
Ann Arbor, Michigan
“Just skip it!”
Reviewed 13 April 2014 via mobile

My wife and I stopped in for dinner. After 30 mins and several trips up to the hostess, no one had ever come to our table. We finally walked out. A couple days later we thought we would give it another try. We took the kids for lunch. We were the only table. The waitress acted like we were an annoyance. On top of that, the food was just okay. There was nothing special about it... Tastes like frozen food that has been heated up. Definitely do not recommend!

3 Thank Gmerrill44
“Great improvement on the food”
Reviewed 27 December 2013

We love Joe and his wife Sandy. This place has certainly improved since he first opened it. I loved the sweet potato burrito! And the chips and salsa were very tasty.

Visited August 2013