“Never again!”

Jose's Cantina
Price range: US$7 - US$16
Cuisines: Mexican
Dining options: Reservations
Description: We are an Italian Restaurant opening this May 22, 2016. We are a new restaurant featuring family style spaghetti and more.
Reviewed 21 June 2014

Husband and I went last for supper. Atmosphere seemed nice - brightly colored interior, friendly people, live music. Nothing else was. Waited for service, drinks, and food. When we finally got our food, portions were small and no very hot at least mine was. Hubby ordered shrimp fajitas - they still had the tails on which doesn't make sense. They expext you to dig into hot food, peel shrimp, then it eat? I asked for quesidillas without tomatoes - got them on there. When we said something to our waitress, she disappeared! No " I'm sorry, nothing! Finally talked with owner? Gave us an excuse about the mistakes. Finally, she did give a $5 discount, but didn't offer to take off the entire price for the uneaten food. Very disappointed

1  Thank Cristy H

Reviewed 20 June 2014

We went here as it was close to the motel we were staying at. Waited at least 5 minutes to be seated & it wasn't crowded. Ordered drinks & the waitress came back 3 times to tell us that each drink we ordered they didn't have. Owner came by to ask how everything was & I explained about the drinks. He laughed it off & said he was out of things. You are a restaurant & these drinks were on the drink menu. No excuse for this. Food was average. Wouldn't go back.

1  Thank macilnd2014
Reviewed 14 June 2014 via mobile

Food was average. Service was great. The art work was fantastic. Happy to meet Steve the bartender artist who has spent hours on murals that really make this place stand out. Margaritas were good also. Location was perfect next to our hotel.

1  Thank AngelaVO326
Reviewed 24 May 2014

We took our family there last nite, after waiting a while for our food, seven of us got our meal and my husband's was not included. We had a new waitress and really felt the kitchen staff " run her under the bus" and set her up. First she was told it was coming up, then it was a mistake. After everyone had slowly eaten and that meal did not show up, my husband went to the hostess and said don't even bother any morel Suddenly the food was ready and we said just forget it. I guess the fact that it we were not going to be charged for his dinner was suppose to appease us. We just wanted the food on time. In the 19 minutes we waited for food (yes, I did time it) we had also seen another person's food go back and another meal gotten for that customer. Even Joet had disappeared during that time. When the hostess again apologized for the tardiness of the food, I said we just won't come again. She snapped at me saying " Have you never made a mistake" I said yes I have but at least can admit it. I think the waitress was trying, and she did really good with the kids but maybe the kitchen help needs to understand that they need to get on the ball. Even it they had to make the dinner again, cut up steak does not take that long to cook. ,

2  Thank marianne L
Reviewed 24 May 2014

We had the pork nachos, they were excellent!!!! Also had chicken tamales they were delicious!!! We got them to go. While I was waiting for my order, I was asked by 3 different people if I was being taken care of. Very friendly staff.