“Dirty table, awful waitperson, mediocre food.”
Review of Mackinac Grille

Mackinac Grille
Ranked #14 of 42 Restaurants in Saint Ignace
Cuisines: American
Good for: Child-friendly, Local cuisine
Dining options: Breakfast, Lunch, Dinner, After-hours, Reservations
Reviewed 23 August 2014

We have eaten at this restaurant a few times and this will be the last time! The only draw is the outside seating, and the outside of the building is cute. We got seated our table was sticky, when we asked the waitperson to wipe it, she said she could bring us some wet-naps, huh?? The salad bar was awful very little to choose from, no protein at all. They had a lot of premixed mayo laden salads. The chicken bacon sandwich had bacon bits instead of strips, the onion rings were terrible. The chili dog (which my daughter loves at most places) was average in her opinion. The first couple of times the food was only average, but this time sealed the deal, we will never eat there again, and discourage others from eating there.

3  Thank sjhalloway

Reviewed 21 August 2014

There aren't a lot of options for allergy-friendly dining on the menu, which was a bummer. The service was good, but their food wasn't the best unfortunately. The best part of my meal were the fries, which are awfully hard to screw up.

Reviewed 20 August 2014 via mobile

My family and I decided to have dinner at the Mackinac Grille, in my opinion this restaurant doesn't deserve one star because of the food quality. My step dad decided to try the fish and chips, the fish where not even cooked done and he said they tasted terrible, his meal came with steak frys and some beans that where cold and looked to be out of a can, he also had a salad with French dressing that looked really runny. My mother ordered a burger when the server brought it she gave her frys without even asking if she wanted frys or another type of potato? The burger was Un edible because it was still red inside. I ordered there (Italian) Spegetti, which was a plate of wet noodles floating in water with a tiny bit of sauce on the top, it was gross, something else surprising that when you order pasta it doesn't come with even a slice of bread? You must pay extra for it. Are meal was close to 60 dollars for food that we couldn't even eat! mcdonald's would have been a better choice. I wouldn't recommend this place.

4  Thank Rebeccamarie83
Reviewed 19 August 2014

We always go to the Mackinac Grille whenever we are in Saint Ignace. The food is wonderful, the scenery is exceptional and the staff is awesome.

Reviewed 19 August 2014

I would say the whole experience was about 50/50, maybe more good than bad. We were seated promptly on a Thursday night. Orders taken promptly. Waitress admitted she was new but did great. Salad bar was huge and was clean and everything looked and tasted fresh that I tried. Salad bar was included with my lemon pepper whitefish special for $15.99 which was tasty and cooked perfectly. Also the perch was very good. One of my group ordered whitefish cakes (an appetizer) for her meal. It is a meal, 2 cakes, each 5-6 inches diameter. They were tasty but overcooked on the outside--had to peel off the over browned parts. The Tavern steak, which they say is their specialty, was well done and tough. It was ordered med rare. The person in my group who ordered it didn't want to send it back, unfortunately. Large tap beers=good value.