“Really nice room - yep smokey outside”

Breakers Resort - Lakeside
Ranked #10 of 29 Hotels in Saint Ignace
Hopkinsville, Kentucky
“Really nice room - yep smokey outside”
Reviewed 18 August 2013

I agree with the other reviewer. We were excited to have a waterfront room and balcony to enjoy the sunrise ONLY to have it ruined by smokers on theirs. ;-( Too bad! It's a huge hotel and our room was huge! We were so happy to pay at least $100 less then staying in Mackinaw City like we have done before, just for going over the bridge! The free breakfast was average. The beach area is nice enough.. there is sand to sit in but not exactly a 'beach' and lake area. It was very mucky. But we enjoyed a walk along it anyway (to get away from the smokers) and enjoy the sunrise! Beautiful!

1 Thank LoveKYlivn

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (122)
Fayetteville, AR
Reviewed 13 August 2013

This is a hotel in a tourist area. I was at the hotel in the peak of the season. The room, bed, and breakfast were ok. The Wifi was lousy. The hotel has no exercise room. My room fronted on the lake and the sound of breaking waves was pleasant. The breakfast was very crowded and the hotel had people on duty keeping up with the demand. It is just that for about $100 you should get usable Wifi.

clinton, mi
Reviewed 12 August 2013

The hotel is fine except for the fact that a non smoker like me thought I could sit out on the balcony of my expensive 4th floor smoke free room and enjoy the sunrise or just the view of the lake, however I was choked out by the cigarette smoke from the balcony below and could not even sit on my paid-for balcony. The front desk stated "I don't know what you want me to do for you" and "they are allowed to smoke on their balcony" and offered no sympathy or apology for my situation. I won't be recommending or staying at the St Ignace Comfort Inn again.

1 Thank fomocojo

Travellers are raving about these Saint Ignace hotels

Atlanta, GA
Reviewed 10 August 2013

We stayed in early August 2013 in a two queen bed room on the first floor. I didn't even go to the first room they assigned as I discovered it was right next to the pool and the vending machine. Why assign anyone there if the hotel is not full? There is also tile with significant grout lines in front of about six rooms near the pool. Listening to people pulling suitcases on that tile would be terrible. The walls are thin, the hotel older and kept up only to passable standards. The place feels more like a budget inn than a Comfort Inn. I expect Comfort Inn to be mid-level and this place has a cheap budget feel. The breakfast was pretty bad with one waffle maker, packaged type muffins and rolls and round egg patties that may well have been powdered. The breakfast room is also up a small hill in the front desk building. If it is raining, it wouldn't be fun getting there. The room itself was mostly clean, but tired and well worn. I think the rates reflect the Comfort Inn name and not the quality of the stay.

Detroit, MI
Reviewed 5 August 2013

Very disappointed. Would never stay here again. First room was musty & switched to another. This room doesn't smell but the hotel needs some maintenance. Most rooms require using stairs. Door locks require slamming the door. Bathroom doorknob almost falling out. (I fixed it.) Ultra-thin doors, walls and ceilings means we're listening to every action in the rooms around us. Walking. Washing. Water running. Sneezing. Really. I can hear the neighbor sneeze. That's bad! We upgraded to a larger room and other than more floor space, the upgrade is not worth it. Fogged up door-wall with a broken lock doesn't allow a clear view of waterfront. Don't be fooled by the "beach". It's a bird park. Gulls and geese all over the place. I wouldn't walk out there on a dare.

Room Tip: My best advice? Stay somewhere else.
Naples, Florida
Reviewed 24 July 2013

nothing made it special, except the price....top floor worked well, extra stairs no problem...
Breakfast good...Good value...Wrong coffee provided for the pot, I improvised, and it worked!

girl at the desk, very nice...

• Stayed July 2013, travelled as a couple
Lake Orion, Michigan
Reviewed 16 July 2013

Rented a 2 queen bed room July 11-15, they were average rooms, not modern. We did not accept the first floor room assigned to us, smelled moldy. Bed cover very dirty. Changed to a 2nd floor room. Employees were very helpful and courteous. Only a few rooms in the center of the building are on the same floor as the elevator. We always had to carry bags and cooler up and down stairs. This was a big negative factor for us. Great view of the water. Beach was small, bring your own chairs. Not designed for swimming. Watch where you step, goose droppings are everywhere. Next time I would not rent there if avoidable. Strictly good for short stay and make sure you get a room in the center on same floor as elevator. Big plus is it’s next door to Java Joe’s.

Room Tip: Strictly good for short stay and make sure you get a room in the center on same floor as elevator...
  • Stayed July 2013, travelled as a couple