“Nice place, staff.”

Voyager Inn of Saint Ignace
Ranked #17 of 29 Hotels in Saint Ignace
Reviewed 22 July 2013

We booked online. Pet friendly guided us to them. Don't usually travel with the pets. Didn't realize they charged extra for pets ($10) per pet per night. And is not included when booking online. Rooms were clean and comfortable. Not a new place like most places up north. I do recommend this hotel.

1  Thank rrtommy

Reviewed 11 July 2013

We were traveling thru the area and decided we needed to stop for the night (Saturday, July 6th). Unfortunately we had our pet with us..so wasn't sure if we'd be able to find a place. After stopping at the first place we saw and asking about their pet policy, they directed us to the Voyager Inn. They did have a room for us and our pet for an extra small fee. The staff were extremely nice and courteous. Free popcorn which the kids loved. Our room was very nice, we were pleasantly surprised for a small inn and also one that allows pets. I have allergies to many animals and was worried that I would have trouble. However, I had a great experience and not one problem! Breakfast was very good too..bagels, cereal, toast, English muffins, donut holes (really good and fresh!), fresh fruit, milk, oj and coffee. Although we don't travel much with our dog, we would definitely stay here again without her!

1  Thank bethbeam
gnik1414, Owner at Voyager Inn of Saint Ignace, responded to this reviewResponded 18 July 2013

Thank you for your business and your review, we appreciate your input and will do our best to make your next stay even better. Glen

Reviewed 10 July 2013

We searched for a pet-friendly motel that had good ratings and found this one. The price is extremely reasonable and I had doubts that it could be as good as the reviews. I was pleased to find a clean, comfortable room. They offered freshly popped popcorn in the lobby each evening, and the continental breakfast was satisfying. The desk personnel were friendly and informative. The pool was inviting and the hot tub was a joy after a long, rainy day at Mackinac Island.

• Stayed: July 2013, travelled with family

Thank you for your business and input, we work hard to better ourselves and appreciate it when a guest tell gives us their prospective.

Reviewed 8 April 2013

I really like the Voyager Inn because it is right off the high-way. The pool area is really nice, and they have a nice hot tub as well. We stayed in pool-side rooms, not thinking on my part - it was very loud as soon as the pool opened, it was full of kids, so forget trying to relax. With a little work the hotel could be super nice. They really need to replace the carpeting it is very old, and the chairs in the lobby are very stained. The staff was very nice, and the continental breakfast was sufficient. All in all for the price you really can't beat it!

Room Tip: If you want quiet do not select a poolside room.
  • Stayed: April 2013, travelled with friends
1  Thank JVanElls
Reviewed 27 January 2013

Was up there snowmobiling, my sled blew a belt just a few miles from the hotel. I went in and spoke to the owner to ask if any ones sold belts in the area. he checked to see if he had one because they rent sleds. He did not I explained that if i could not find a belt I would rent a sled from them because time was limited. This gentleman worked calling around to find my belt and called a nearby dealer in Indian river and had them reserve it for me... He could have not tried because I already said I would rent a sled but he made sure I found what I was looking for!! Rooms were very clean and a suite was $79.00 . If you are looking for a great place to stay with great prices and superior appreciation of a customer please stay there!!!!

• Stayed: January 2013, travelled with family
Reviewed 13 January 2013

My partner and I spent the night at the Voyager in late December. A cold night in St Ignace. Not much is open in the winter in St Igance so it was nice to see this place open. The motel was clean, the room was spacious and the stay exceeded our expectations. Was surprised to see an indoor pool, especially at the price point, which was extremely reasonable. The front desk clerk could have seemed a bit more interested, otherwise all was well, The free popcorn is a nice touch and the breakfast was fine. Would stay again.

Room Tip: ask for a room away from the pool if you want quiet
  • Stayed: December 2012, travelled with family
Reviewed 2 October 2012

Always clean, neat, and friendly. Large indoor pool and a whirlpool are enjoyable. MInutes from everything. I stay here every year, very reasonable rates. Always have been able to check in early and check out late if needed.

• Stayed: October 2012