Vitek's Motel
America's Best Value Inn(Saint Ignace)(Great Value!)
US$78
US$119
US$109
Bavarian Haus Lakefront Inn(Saint Ignace)(Great Value!)
US$89
US$85
Super 8 St. Ignace(Saint Ignace)(Great Value!)
US$77
US$65
US$102
US$99
Cedar Hill Lodge(Saint Ignace)(Great Value!)
US$72
Travelocity
Northernaire Motel(Saint Ignace)(Great Value!)
US$78
Wayside Motel(Saint Ignace)(Great Value!)
US$53
See what travellers are saying:
Reviewed 23 September 2013

A spur of the moment weekend trip to the Soo Locks for my family turned into one of the most memorable times of our lives. My wife and I were talking Friday night about what to do for the weekend. And we started talking about the trips we took with our parents to the Locks. We would always stop and stay in this little “Cabin” place north of town.. come to find out my wife’s family did the same thing, at the same place even.. So as fate would have it, we made the trip from Detroit to St.Ignace. We checked in to Viteks. The same lady was still working the counter, 25 years later. I have spent quite a few nights in 5 star resorts. This is not one of them. If you want to make memories, this is the place. The beds are not that great, there is no telephone in the cabins, and the hot water is on a timer. But who cares. My family had a great time there. And I hope, my kids will take their family’s there when they grow up, and pass the great memories on.

• Stayed: September 2013, travelled with family
1  Thank Dave V
Reviewed 7 August 2013

This is a mom and pop motel and mom and pop are VERY nice and will bend over backward to give you a good visit. You are not being charged much so keep your expectations proportionately. The rooms are spotless--operating room spotless. If you like thick, fluffy towels and fancy soap bring your own. There are regular motel rooms and two types of cabins: bigger ones for one family and the smaller where another family is on the other side. If you are a light sleeper bring earplugs because highway noise is present. Mind what the owners say about the hot water. A good cafe is across the street. The money you save here you can put toward a nice dinner or ferry ride to the island.

• Stayed: August 2013, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 28 July 2013

We needed to be budget-conscious this weekend, so I was searching low-price options in the Straits area. I'm so glad that was the case, because we found a real gem in the Vitek Motel that I'm sure we will return to again and again. This place is how I want my kids to experience travelling in northern Michigan -- staying in a friendly, locally-owned place where the proprietor greets you like she's known you forever. There's nothing fancy here - it's budget-friendly because it's no-frills compared to big-box options. But it is very clean and comfortable, and we really enjoyed our two bedroom/1bathroom cabin, equipped with two small but adequate TV's with cable, two comfy full-sized beds plus a rollaway, and knotty pine and braided rug decor. Big bonus: an east-facing deck edged with cheerful daylilies, where I enjoyed the morning sun and a view of Lake Huron and Mackinac Island while sipping coffee from the cafe across the street. We walked to the main part of town -- a bit far, but we stopped at a great smoked fish place, the Ojibwa Museum, and an ice cream parlor on our way. St.Ignace is in transition, with some big new hotels where there used to be none, and some of the old motels in ruin with for sale signs in front. I'm all for progress and improvement if it attracts more tourist dollars to this great UP town, as long as gems like Vitek's Motel are still around to provide classic northern Michigan lodging for a very reasonable price.

Room Tip: There motel rooms were less expensive, but since there were four of us, the two-room cabin seemed the best option and was still VERY affordable.
  • Stayed: July 2013, travelled with family
3  Thank kristenaastout
Reviewed 12 July 2013

Husband and wife team that runs this place, she's up front with you with you no ac but never needed it all the times I have been in this area, in fact Had to use the heat this time in the evening. Very nice people, very reasonable for the 4th of July holiday, and very clean. Great restaurant across the street Java Joe's and Joe is great with people. And a fudge place across the street We enjoyed the area and the people so much we stayed an extra day just to chill out. The price was right and you can't go wrong. I would go there in a heart beat next time I'm in the area.

• Stayed: July 2013, travelled as a couple
4  Thank mrgsrg
Reviewed 29 July 2012

We were having a hard time finding a place to stay on the spur of the moment, when we found ourselves at Vitek's. This place is immaculate! This is the only place we've ever stayed at where I can truthful say that our room was just as clean as my own home. Not a stray spider, dust mote, wet stained ceiling tile, lumpy, filthy carpeting, or dirty window or curtain to be found. How many motel rooms have you been in lately that had berber carpeting in the rooms? And their sheets were the softest and silkiest I've ever experienced. I must remember to up the thread count on my own bedding at home.

The owner was forthright in letting customers know that there was no air conditioning, no swimming pool and no continental breakfast. Just a clean, quiet, and comfortable place to stay for a more than a reasonable fee. Each room had one large box fan and another desk fan. More than enough to cool the room effectively. She made sure we inspected our room first before making a decision whether or not to stay. Not only were there fans, but the two windows we had, one in the bedroom and one in the bath were sparkling clean and easy to open - which we did, and kept open all night. If only there was a Vitek's everywhere we go.

We will NEVER stay anywhere else when in St. ignace! Be good to yourself - stay at Vitek's - you won't be sorry.

• Stayed: July 2012, travelled with family