“Just an okay place.”

Ranked #15 of 30 things to do in Saint Ignace
More attraction details
Owner description: Wild Animal Park, Indian Lore Museum And Gift Shop
Reviewed 23 July 2013

Everything in this place was made in China or India or Korea. It had lots of things to choose from, but all tourist items are not hand made,

1  Thank jeannecass

Reviewed 3 June 2013

Upon first entering I thought it was kind of a cute little store. They have a pretty cool "museum" and the room that the totem poles are in is actually REALLY cool. They could have and should have left it at that. The sad part is to see animals in small cages who look absolutely miserable, I am no bleeding heart animal activist. I love a good zoo, and don't see anything wrong with animals who are WELL TREATED in captivity. This place was nasty, small cages that I wouldn't have left my dog in for a few hours. There were these cute little deer in a small enclosure that was nothing but mud. The fox broke my heart, he was in a gated area and then inside another small enclosure that was just big enough for him to pace in made of all concrete and steel. It was just a sad scene. I would have been thrilled with this place had it JUST been a store and "museum".

3  Thank MrsTJK3311
Reviewed 9 April 2013

When we go to Mac. Island, we always stay on the St. Ignace side. The Totem Village is a place we stop every single time we go for souvenirs. We always get our room, and head over!

1  Thank Debi D
Reviewed 25 March 2013

Make this your first stop for souvenirs! Something within every price range for kids and adults. Large selection. Staff are nice enough. Make sure you get a picture in front of the teepee out front! This place has been there since I was a kid! We go every time we visit St Ignace. =}

1  Thank AJ L
Reviewed 2 October 2012

Cheap cheesy tourist souveniers are worth the trip to this historical site. The bark interior is camera-worthy and you surely can't leave without something from this shop.