“Great fish tacos and ice cream sundaes” 4 of 5 bubbles

The Gangplank
Ranked #5 of 41 Restaurants in Saint Ignace
Cuisines: American
Good for: Cheap Eats, View, Child-friendly, Local cuisine, Kids
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Highchairs Available, Outdoor Seating, Parking Available, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
“Great fish tacos and ice cream sundaes”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 27 December 2013

Great prices and the food was delicious! It was a little chilly on the evening we were there, but the enclosed seating helped tremendously. Beautiful view of the bay too.

Visited July 2013

Michigan
“Food's good, being overcharged $200 sucked”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 14 December 2013

We've been coming here for the past two years here and there. The food is good, for fast fare, and you get a great view while eating. I was rather disappointed when the cashier rang up $220 on my debit card instead of $20, then it took most of the day for the manager to get the $200 credited to my account. I mean really... you have a customer with $200 out of his account, drop what you're doing and come fix it NOW, or train your staff on how to do it. Then, to top it off, they still charged me the full $20. If this were my store, I'd have given the customer a 100% refund just for all the trouble, and I sorta expected some discount as a way of saying "Sorry for all the hassle", but... I guess not. (sigh)

Fish tacos are good, the chicken pita is addictive, and I don't care what others say, I think they've got really good fries. (You also get free refills on your drink.)

So, other than needing a little education in customer service, Gangplank is a worthwhile addition to the (admittedly sparse) food scene in St. Ignace. We'll be back, but I think I'll use cash only from here on out. ;-)

Visited July 2013
1 Thank Roadside_US
“Good Food, Great Value”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 8 August 2013 via mobile

The food is homemade with generous portions. The price point is very good in comparison to other options in the area.

• Visited August 2013
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Traverse City, Michigan
“disappointing”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 6 August 2013

Our annual trip to St. Ignace with friends from Texas was very disappointing. We needed to use the bathroom and was told to go across the street. Doesn't Michigan have law that restaurants need to a bathrooms? We ordered lunch and was told the french fries were home made which sounded good but they were not very very greasy

• Visited July 2013
2 Thank Florence097
Farmington, Michigan
“They have a bathroom...for some”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 31 July 2013

We had ice cream and it was pretty typical.
We were disappointed that they told my 8-year-old daughter that "we don't have a bathroom; you'll have to go across the street" and 10 minutes later, another "local" family asked to use the bathroom and they not only has a bathroom now, they allowed that family to use it. It was tough to give our daughter an explanation as to why they lied to her about the bathroom.

• Visited July 2013