“"Great" is all I have to say.”
Review of Cedar Hill Lodge

Cedar Hill Lodge
Ranked #6 of 29 Hotels in Saint Ignace
Reviewed 12 August 2013

I am not generally pleased about staying anywhere and don't do reviews except absolutely terrible places.....I like 100 bucks or less and a fairly decent hotel no matter what, even at tourist time....So, After two nights in another hotel (not great) we ended up looking for a different hotel since we were still going to stay around Mackinaw. So this was a search and find on a Saturday night. Lots of hotels/motels so didn't worry...too much. This was one of the first hotels right after the bridge. It was our 3 or 4th stop to check for vacancy/rates. Couldn't believe it. New owners I believe. First impression was really good. Very nice staff-especially the two I encountered most, nice pool area with a hot tub that was being re-done (looks like it will be very nice), clean rooms, large yard where volley ball court, shuffle board are, an OK view of the lake (nice sun rise), better than average breakfast, large parking spots etc. My wife, girls and I are still happy that we found/stayed at this place and will think of it first the next time. We'd recommend it to anyone. Hope they do well. Oh, I even forgot something important there and they found/held it for me till I came back

• Stayed: August 2013, travelled with family
2  Thank Prowl66
Luke P, Owner at Cedar Hill Lodge, responded to this reviewResponded 22 August 2013

Thank you for being our guest during your visit to the beautiful St. Ignace area. All of us here at Cedar Hill Lodge are very happy to hear that you enjoyed your stay with us. A clean and comfortable room, warm and friendly staff, and a good breakfast are what we strive to give every guest. There are a lot of things to do and see in the area and you cant see it all in one trip, so come back soon, we look forward to being your host again. Thank you!

Reviewed 7 August 2013

I have stayed here several times and each stay has proved to go above and beyond my expectations. The staff is friendly, the rooms are very very nice and the location is extremely desirable. I highly recommend this hotel for anyone staying in the St. Ignace, MI area!

• Stayed: July 2013
Reviewed 28 July 2013

My family and I stayed at thr Cedar hill Lodge last weekend and it was great. I stay in alot of hotels for work and this was one of my most comfortable stays.Treated me and my family well I would recommend the hotel to anyone, going to be back in St Ignace labor day weekend and won't be staying anywhere else.

• Stayed: July 2013

Thank you so much for being our guest. We are very happy to hear that you and your family had a nice stay, as your host we are always trying to keep true to being " Your Family Place Up North." We hope to see you again on Labor day weekend. Thank you!

Reviewed 12 July 2013

yes we stayed at cedar hill lodge for 4 days. arrived day after they opened. a warm welcome and friendly faces we woke up to. the room was awesome with a great view. seen first hand how they accommodated all their guests, even if it was the littlest request. always with kindness and a smile. there is restaurant in walking distance as well a grocery store. so as you cross the bridge take first exit and you will see the sign bright and welcoming as the owners are. I would recommend staying here if you would like the family experience.

• Stayed: June 2013, travelled with family
2  Thank Cindy0203

Thank you for staying with us, we are glad you enjoyed your stay. Warm and friendly service for all of our guests is priority one for all the staff at Cedar Hill Lodge. We look forward to having you as our guest again really soon. Thank you!

Reviewed 1 July 2013

My family and I stayed here for 1 night. the rooms were clean and great size/layout. staff was very friendly, especially Ed, the owner. He went above and beyond even though he is busy having taken over the hotel recently and doing many renovations. I would definitely stay here again.

• Stayed: June 2013
1  Thank aadbuttercup
Luke P, Owner at Cedar Hill Lodge, responded to this reviewResponded 9 July 2013

We are so glad that you enjoyed your stay here with us. The goal of all our staff is to be as helpful as possible with all of our guests needs and questions. We really hope to see you again soon and hope you enjoyed your visit to the beautiful Straits Area. Thank you for being our guest!