“OUTSTANDING! 2 SUMMERS IN A ROW!!!”

We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in Saint Ignace
Village Inn of Saint Ignace
Ranked #16 of 29 Hotels in Saint Ignace
Shepherd, MI
“OUTSTANDING! 2 SUMMERS IN A ROW!!!”
Reviewed 31 March 2010

The last two summers I have stayed at The Village Inn, in St. Ignace. We were very pleasantly surprised when we saw our room(s) They were very clean, and very affordable! My boyfriend and I had a great time down stairs at the bar, and met some really cool locals to play pool with. It is too expensive to stay on the island, so this is the place that I (we) will stay each time we come up! The staff was very friendly as well, I was very impressed with the service, and honestly, I am pretty hard to impress!

• Stayed July 2009, travelled with family

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (24)
Northern Michigan
Reviewed 9 January 2010

Eat at the Village Inn!

Amazing food and service. I ate here on leave while battling scurvy and slight dementia. Among many great meals, my favorite light course was the Hey Arnold! sandwich; a literal surface-to-air missile exploding...with flavor.

The Hey Arnold! is like an Iraqi POW protected under the Geneva convention- you just can't beat it. I'd like to see you try!

The bartender, Michelle something-or-other, keeps a tight regimen and a well-stocked cache of liquor, beer and even some girly drinks I won't admit that I tried. I was promptly greeted and never had to wait for a refill. If soldiers were this efficient, I'd never spend 13 hours in a foxhole waiting for ammunition again. Someone give this girl a raise!

Mess hall is clean and orderly. Latrine sparkles with immaculate sanitation. There's even decent lodging upstairs that makes a barracks look like...well, a barracks.

You must try this restaurant. I give the Village Inn of Saint Ignace a "Patton" (or "5 stars," for all you civilians)

Stayed December 2009, travelled solo
1 Thank Lt_Hungry
Michigan
Reviewed 28 September 2009

We stayed 1 night at the Village Inn and were very pleasantly surprised by our room (balcony straits view). It was HUGE! The room appeared to have been recently completely redecorated, and was very modern, clean, and comfortable. Staff were friendly, everything was very casual and laid back. It was so convenient having the restaurant and bar right downstairs. Our only negative experience was the noise: it's on the busy main street, so there was traffic noise until late at night. Still, for only $80 a night, the room was incredible. A big thank you to the Village Inn for a great time!

• Stayed September 2009, travelled as a couple
1 Thank spudbrain
Fenton
Reviewed 30 September 2008

We travel to St. Ignace quite often from the Fenton area and always stay at the Village Inn. The accomodations are affordable and clean, clean, clean!!!! The food is great and the staff are great too!!!! We just returned from a weekend trip where 8 of us stayed as well ate there and we all cannot say enough about our wonderful experience there. We would recommend it to anyone and know they would be completely happy!!!! We'll see you next year!!!! Larry, Julie, Liz, Matt, Kat, Jim, Bj & Diana

1 Thank jlewis1106
Grand Rapids, MI
Reviewed 26 September 2008

We stopped into the restaurant/bar after checking into another overpriced, gross hotel room and discovered (b/c of the super awesome staff) that we could stay upstairs for half the price with a much better view. My husband and I (did I mention this was our honeymoon) had sooooo much fun. The staff was great, free shots, great view and accomodations and the planked whitefish was the best thing I have ever eaten in my 28 years on Earth!!! This place is AWESOME. In fact, we are going back in three weeks!!!

• Stayed July 2008, travelled as a couple
    • Check-in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)