“Better than expected, great water pressure”

America's Best Value Inn
Ranked #12 of 29 Hotels in Saint Ignace
Reviewed 28 May 2013 via mobile

Rooms were better than expected wifi worked great, they need to learn how to caulk a bit better, shower had amazing pressure like a back massage.. Id stay here again if in the area, beds were a bit firm but not to bad overall a good place to stay

• Stayed: May 2013

Reviewed 23 May 2013

Great value that exceeded my expectations. I was in a bind and stayed at this ABV Inn. The staff was great, and it sounded like the hotel is under new management. My favorite part was meeting other travelers that were visiting from out of town as well. We bonded over a great cup of coffee and the delightful breakfast. I'd go back!

• Stayed: May 2013, travelled solo
Reviewed 23 May 2013

We recently took an early weekend trip with our family to the upper peninsula of Michigan. We found American Best Value online. It is located in St. Ignace, MI. This was a perfect place to stay with the family while visiting the beautiful area of Michigan. It is located close to restaurants, across from the shore of Lake Huron, and close to the ferry to Mackinac Island. The rooms were very clean and the staff was awesome! They were also helpful with suggesting attractions to see in the area along with some popular local hangouts. The indoor pool was a nice way to end the day and keep our two boys occupied.

• Stayed: May 2013, travelled with family
Reviewed 23 May 2013

I'm from the Green Bay area and usually stay at this chain whenever I travel for work purposes. It is, by far, the best ABV I've stayed at. Large breakfast, pet friendly (travelling buddy is a must) and despite it being a hotel chain, there were local souveniers available for purchase. It gave more of a home town B&B feeling but way less expensive. I would definitely recommend this place to any and all looking for a comfortable and affordable place to stay in the St. Ignace area. The friendliness of the staff was an added bonus.

Room Tip: Great place, great rate, great breakfast, great views.
Reviewed 22 May 2013

I had such a pleasant time at this hotel! It was so nice finding a pet friendly hotel along my travels. The continental breakfast is above and beyond many other places I have stayed. The biscuits and gravy is top notch! Very friendly management that offered great scenic travel tips. America's Best Value Inn will be on the top of my list the next time I am headed that way.

• Stayed: May 2013, travelled with friends
Reviewed 30 August 2012

My family and I stayed at this motel twice plus I stayed in this building under a previous owner. The rooms are nice size and had no problems with it being dirty. There is a nice pool and hot tub but you have to walk outside to get to where it is. It was interesting in October in heavy, cold wind, going over to the pool room. We have to joke that there is a sign by the door that says "Pool Ice". We were certainly hoping there wasn't ice in it that day! There is a breakfast building too, that you have to walk across to, but hey, it's breakfast.

Room Tip: There are two levels (outside corridors) and so if you are going to be using the pool and breakfast...
  • Stayed: October 2011, travelled with family
Reviewed 30 August 2012

I had intended to stay in Mackinaw City but the prices were way too high, so I settled on St Ignace and the ABVI, which, whilst it was not on the lakeside, offered the best value and it turned out to be a good choice. My room was at the end of the second floor with outside walkway with a handily placed chair from which I could see through the opposite buildings to the lake. The current owner also owns the opposite property and I was encouraged to use their lakeside facility.
All of the staff were very friendly and helpful and my only criticism would be the size of the Breakfast Room which was inadequate for the number of guests.
My room was very quiet, clean & comfortable, all I could have asked for.
Unlike one of the previous reviewers I enjoyed playing with Rosie (the black lab) each morning when I used the business centre.
A thoroughly enjoyable stay.

Room Tip: A room facing the road will afford a view of Lake Huron