“Weekend getaway”

Bavarian Haus Lakefront Inn
Ranked #6 of 29 Hotels in Saint Ignace
Reviewed 23 September 2013

Spent Friday Sept 20, 2013 thru Sept 23, 2013 here with my husband, daughter, and son-in-law. While an older hotel it was comfortable and exceptionally clean. We checked in late our first night and the gentleman we dealt with at the front desk was wonderful. Not only was he nice, but he also told us about a $10 Mackinac Money Bag with coupons in it. We were able to save on the price of tickets to Mackinac Island with a buy one get one free coupon. We also got a great deal on our lunch on Sunday afternoon. The only thing that I would update is the breakfast buffet. Mostly breads, cereal, muffins, hardboiled eggs, and sausage biscuits and gravy. Maybe update the continental breakfast a little. Best part - the wonderful view of Mackinac Island and the sunrise in the morning.

Room Tip: When making reservations at this motel ask to be placed in the NEW portion of the hotel. More updat...
1  Thank atlantis4170
Howard C, Owner at Bavarian Haus Lakefront Inn, responded to this reviewResponded 25 September 2013

Thanks for taking the time to write us such a candid review! I'm thrilled to hear that not only were you pleased with my front desk staff, but that they were able to help save you some money! Our money bag is a perk that we are proud and excited to offer our clients. As for the breakfast, we will definitely keep your feedback in mind when we make updates! I'm happy that you got to enjoy a beautiful Mackinac sunset and we hope to have the opportunity to host you again in the future.

There are newer reviews for Bavarian Haus Lakefront Inn

Reviewed 22 September 2013

Stayed here based on Tripadvisor reviews and we were not disappointed. Great location with all rooms having a lake view. Very friendly front desk staff that were helpful with suggestions that were great for places to see and eat. Really liked having a balcony to sit and watch the lake. Enjoyed the pool, too.

Room Tip: This is a two story hotel and all rooms face the lake with a balcony on the 2nd floor and a patio sp...
  • Stayed: August 2013, travelled as a couple
Howard C, Owner at Bavarian Haus Lakefront Inn, responded to this reviewResponded 24 September 2013

Thanks for taking the time to write us a review! I'm glad that you were able to not only enjoy the view, but that we were also able to assist you in making the most of your trip. Also, I'm glad that you were able to take advantage of our balconies and take in the gorgeous sunsets. Thanks again for the kudos, and we look forward to hosting you again soon.

Reviewed 21 September 2013

The room was spacious and clean, there was ample tasty food (including protein) in the "breakfast room," the staff were friendly, every room overlooks Lake Huron, and it was a very good value for the price.
There was something extra special: A couple days after our stay, I called because I was missing one knit top, and wondered if I had left it there. They checked, and reported that no one had found it. A couple weeks later, I received a phone call from Howie at the front desk; he said that they had found my clothing and mailed it to me, but that it was returned to them due to an incorrect address. I learned that they had my zip code wrong, and gave them my correct address. They shipped the clothing a SECOND time, and I received it. I was impressed for many reasons: they shipped it TWICE without asking me to reimburse them for the postage, they went out of their way to call me, and they APOLOGIZED for having the wrong zip code! This was truly outstanding customer service, way above and beyond my expectations. Wow! (Yes, I am sending them a check for more than the postage twice.)

• Stayed: September 2013, travelled as a couple

Susan, thanks so much for taking the time to write us such a nice review. I'm glad to hear that you enjoyed your stay with us and that the breakfast was more than enough to start off your day. I'm also thrilled that we were able to get your knit top back to you. I know how stressful it can be to leave things behind. It was truly our pleasure to assist you in this. Thanks again for the wonderful shout out and we hope to have the opportunity to host you again soon.

Reviewed 17 September 2013

We stopped here on our way from UP to festival in mid Michigan. Arrived late, and our young ones were itching to get in the pool. Thankfully it had an indoor pool and was open late. They put us is room #137, which was convienient to the pool and breakfast bar next morning. The only unfortunate thing was the room was located directly below the breakfast area. Beggining at 6:30am, we heard heavy footsteps and loud taking that continued for next couple hours. Was in a frustrated place, since we arrived late and could have used sleep in, epecially with little ones. On this particular day there was a tractor parade, so many farmers were staying there. Breakfast bar opened early and they seemed to be wearing heavy boots. After alerting the owner to my concerns, I was thankful and appreciative that he was able to accomodate us. Not many owners will take the extra step to ensure our concerns were addressed and taken care of. Besides that, we had a lovely stay, taking in the beautiful sunrise and hearty continental breakfast.

Room Tip: avoid room #137, due to the fact the breakfast bar is directly above it.
  • Stayed: September 2013, travelled with family
Howard C, Owner at Bavarian Haus Lakefront Inn, responded to this reviewResponded 20 September 2013

Thanks for taking the time to give us some valuable feedback! While I'm sorry that you were awaken by the breakfast room patrons so early, I'm glad that we were able to accommodate you and your family and rectify the situation. Thankfully, the rest of your stay was enjoyable! Hopefully, we will see you again soon.

Reviewed 8 September 2013

The hotel is clean with large rooms and a nice balcony. View was fantastic. Interior is showing some age but has been kept up very well. Pool is large and was clean. The hotel also has a "game" room with around 4 arcade games as well as a foose ball table. "Beach" area was clean but did have an unusual amount of frogs. The location is a bit out of the town and may be too far to walk. Overall a pretty good experience and would be willing to return.

Stayed: September 2013, travelled with family
Howard C, Owner at Bavarian Haus Lakefront Inn, responded to this reviewResponded 13 September 2013

So happy to hear that you loved your room and that the view blew you away. Thanks for the feedback about beach — we'll see what we can do about the frogs!

Other than that, we can't wait to see you back here for another fun trip — complete with a trip to the game room and a dip in the pool.

Warm regards,

Reviewed 3 September 2013

What a view...first of all! Secondly, my dad, sister and I visited St. Ignace and Mackinaw Island and were lucky enough to land at the Bavarian Haus. The staff was so friendly and very knowledgeable of the St. Ignace and Mackinaw Island attractions! Being from out of town, this was such a help since they also provided coupons and let us know where the free live music was. We loved our stay and all of their recommendations were a hit!

• Stayed: August 2013, travelled with family
Howard C, Owner at Bavarian Haus Lakefront Inn, responded to this reviewResponded 19 September 2013

Thanks so much for leaving us some great feedback! We really appreciate it! Glad to hear that you found our staff friendly and knowledgeable and that your stay was enjoyable. Thanks for the kind words and we look forward to your next stay with us!

Reviewed 3 September 2013

We stayed here our last night in Michigan and got a great room with added entertainment from the locat birds that reside there on the grassy area and in the shoreline. The balconies are large and there are two comfy chairs/table provided. The air during Labor Day was cool and refreshing and I left the large slider open the whole time we were there. A previous reviewer mentioned how hot and stuffy it was there in the corridors. During our time there the many windows along the corridors were opened and the air circulation was fine. I didn't use the excercise room but the breakfast room was also fine. We were able to get right in and take unlimited food right up until 10 a.m. There is also a candy dish in the lobby, as well as a microwave, coffee and computer corner. There was also a door kept open in this area and the breeze was delicious. The rooms may be a bit dated but our comfort and sleep quality the one night that we had there were superior. And, everyone that I talked to at the desk, at least three different clerks, were all helpful, polite, and happy to have us there.

• Stayed: September 2013, travelled as a couple
Howard C, Owner at Bavarian Haus Lakefront Inn, responded to this reviewResponded 12 September 2013

Thanks so much for taking the time to write us such a nice review! I'm happy that your stay with us was comforting and that you were able to find entertainment from the local birds. They can get feisty! I'm also glad to hear that you were able to take advantage of our complimentary breakfast. Hopefully, it gave you the energy for a fun and vigorous day of sight seeing. We appreciate the recommendations and hopefully we will see you again soon!