My family of 4 stayed here the weekend of the Youth Pond Hockey Tournament in a double queen room. Everything about this place was terrible! I made reservations weeks in advance and I was advised that it was a two night minimum the weekend of the Pond Hockey Tournament, which seems a little ridiculous...but I didn't really have another choice so I went ahead and booked a room for two nights. Upon checking in to the hotel on Friday I was informed that they had already charged my credit card for $143 when I first booked our reservations...I'll add that when I reserved the room they did not inform me they were going to charge my card immediately. On another note, this was my first time staying at this hotel so I assumed for $143/night the rooms would be immaculate, boy was I ever WRONG! When we made it to our room, I couldn't believe that I paid almost $300 for a two nights stay in a incredibly outdated room with an uncomfortable bed. The room was rather "run down", the beds were very very uncomfortable, the coffee maker had old coffee grounds in it from the previous guest, the tv was old and small, about 15 of the "cable" channels worked and the reception was awful, in addition, the rooms didn't offer a "dirty clothes" bag like most other hotels.
After all of this, the next morning I was expecting the breakfast to be somewhat acceptable, but I was WRONG again. The "continental" breakfast was a joke! The options were cold cereal, oatmeal, mini bagels, frozen waffles, biscuits and gravy, hard boiled eggs, yogurt and bananas that were so brown I wouldn't even consider using them for banana bread. The tables were so small that you were lucky if two people could fit at one table.
Our first game on Saturday was early so when we arrived back to our room the housekeepers hadn't been to our room to restock any of our toiletries. I managed to track down a housekeeper and asked if it was possible for our room to be vaccumed, as we had tracked hay from the locker rooms at the tournament back to our room. The housekeeper, said yes it is possible, if you do it yourself and proceeded to hand me the vacuum cleaner...and then said "just kidding". I CAN take a joke but excuse me, I'm a paying customer and the "joke" was a bit harsh considering I pay you to clean my room.
We had two games Sunday and were thinking of asking if we could stay a little later than the check out time but we honestly couldn't wait to leave this hotel.
I would not recommend staying here. I've stayed at better hotels for cheaper.
The only good thing about this hotel was the pool, it was heated!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- If you’re planning a trip to Northern Michigan, come stay with us! Bavarian Haus Lakefront Inn is open year-round, making us your headquarters for easy access to all local attractions in the Mackinac Straits area. With our spacious rooms, great service and wide array of amenities, you’ll surely enjoy your stay with us. Guests love our big indoor pool/spa area, complete with a dry sauna. Not only do we have a hot tub available for families, there's a separate "adults only" whirlpool, too! We're right up on Lake Huron, and all our rooms overlook Mackinac Island and the Straits Area. The sunrises are spectacular! In the warmer weather, there's fire pits for you to enjoy your own bonfire, grills, and a wide range of outdoor games. Hope to see you soon! ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Hotels.com, Expedia, TripOnline SA, Ebookers, Cancelon, 5viajes2012 S.L., HotelQuickly and getaroom.com so you can book your Bavarian Haus Lakefront Inn reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Days Inn & Suites Saint Ignace Lakefront Hotel Saint Ignace
- Days Inn And Suites Saint Ignace Lakefront
- Days Inn Saint Ignace
- Saint Ignace Days Inn