“Excellent View, Large rooms”

Bavarian Haus Lakefront Inn
Ranked #6 of 29 Hotels in Saint Ignace
Reviewed 29 May 2007

Excellent View of Lake Superior and Mackinac Island. Rooms were above average size, very clean. The Breakfast room seemed EXTREMELY small for the size of the hotel but did have the typical breakfast foods. The only thng I wish was that the pool was a little shallower at the shallow end the small kids could not touch the bottom. Overall very nice would stay there again.

• Stayed: May 2007, travelled with family
    • Check-in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)

Reviewed 21 October 2006

Stayed here for 2 nights and had a great time. The room was larger than average with a great balcony offering superb views. Nice pool. Breakfast basic but okay. We would definitely stay here again.

• Stayed: August 2006, travelled with family
2  Thank mfair711
Reviewed 25 September 2006

The Days Inn Lakefront & Suites was a wonderful place to stay. The room was very clean, spacious, and a beautiful view of the lake. I usually bring along some anti bacterial wipes or spray, when I stay in a hotel, however this time I left them behind. My plan was to check in, go to the store to purchase such wipes, then clean as usual before I would feel comfortable. However, as I walked into this room, looked around, I noticed how clean, and organized it all was. I never did buy any cleaning detergents, and had a very comfortable stay. This was the very first time I have ever felt comfortable at a hotel without cleaning it myself first. Outstanding! The first words out of my mouth as I opened the door was "wow, this is nice." The staff was very friendly, and made us feel like we were at home. Now for the view from the balcony of our room.... how beautiful! I thought maybe you would have to pay an extraordinary price for this view, but I was wrong. I would stand there and watch the waves come rolling in, it was lovely, and peaceful. I had a wonderful time there, and will choose this hotel the next time we go again. Thank you.

• Stayed: September 2006, travelled as a couple
2  Thank cjkha3
Reviewed 22 September 2006

At first we went in the room and it seemed dark and small, and didn't have the rollaway we asked for. I wasn't impressed. We questioned it and it was brought over in a few minutes with a big smile, extra towels, pillows, etc. The room was very clean. The pool was also really clean and the water was nice and warm!! We jumped right in each time. The staff was very friendly and went the extra step to make us happy. Coincidentally, our son also spilled his drink as happened in a previous review. The man working there got a cloth right away and cleaned it up and asked if he could do anything else. No complaints. Both days it was an older gentleman working there so maybe the crabby lady is gone. Breakfast was muffins, cereal, toast, hard boiled eggs, yogurt, bagels, oatmeal, etc. It ended up being a delightful little hotel and we will gladly go there again next year for the same event. Incidentally, our rate was $89.00 a night. The layout isn't that of a 5-star, but the hospitality and cleanliness are first rate.

Stayed: July 2006
1  Thank GBTraveler8
Reviewed 19 September 2006

Traveling just after Labor Day was the best time. Our room was spacious (king bed), although not a suite, we did have a small frige, but the view was the best. My husband is into telescopes so the private balcony was perfect. With a sliding-glass wall, we slept with the door open every night. With the sound of the waves and birds, it was just the most pleasant, relaxing experience I had in a long time. Will definitely return to the area and if possible, to this hotel!

• Stayed: September 2006, travelled as a couple
    • Check-in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
3  Thank Lighthouse-Inspector
Reviewed 16 July 2006

This was the 12th lodging location in a 5000+ mile driving trip. I expected a routine room. What I found was a large, comfortable oasis with a balcony overlooking Mackinac Island. The staff was welcoming and helpful, especially in arranging for us to be picked-up for an early-morning catamaran ride to the Island. Though it's located a bit down the road from the center of St. Ignace' activities, it's by no means inconvenient. And, since every room has a balcony and a water view, it's a peaceful retreat in any otherwise somewhat busy vacation community.

• Stayed: July 2006
7  Thank DoeHEAD
Reviewed 7 May 2005

First of all I will admit that our family did not want to spend a lot of money, which is the reason why we chose the days inn, however our room with AAA on a weeknight was $109.00 plus tax. We arrive at the hotel and walk in the lobby. The front desk clerk was not at all friendly, and just acted like she was doing us a favor by checking us in. We get our room and go up. First thing we notice is a somewhat strong odor coming from the A/C unit. It smelled almost like cat urine. We call the front desk and the same unfriendly emplyee tells us that the hotel is "fully booked" so we could not have a different room. We were not impressed, but made do. Next problem, the bathroom door would only close halfway, and then get stuck on the tileing. So when we had to use the bathroom or shower, it was quite embarassing. That night we went to the pool. The pool was filled with dirty, cloudy water. It did not look clean. Another thing, check out is 11 A.M., but the pool doesn't open until 10:00 A.M. This means that if a guest wanted to use the pool they would really have to hurry because of the checkout time. In the morning, we went to the continental breakfast. Nothing special, but suited us fine. My son spilled a dixie cup full of milk on the floor, and the breakfast attendant gave us a dirty look and said "gee, thanks.....another mess I have to clean up." We told all of our concerns to the clerk at the desk at check out, and his response was, "I hope you give Day's Inn another chance." We were not impressed and will most likely not return. We had friends stay at the other Days Inn across the street and experienced similar problems. Again, for the price, it was acceptable for ONE night.

• Stayed: June 2004