“Best Western mackinaw ”

Best Western Harbour Pointe Lakefront
Ranked #1 of 29 Hotels in Saint Ignace
Reviewed 14 July 2014 via mobile

Great Place to stay for a couple nights, especially if day tripping to Mackinaw Island. Breakfast was the usual for hotels, decent. Nice views, and 2 good pools. If you're looking for a quick dinner Clyde's or driftwood inn restaurant were good.

Stayed: July 2014

Reviewed 14 July 2014

Our stay at this hotel was only for one night but it was very nice. We had a small balcony which we used to sit and relax while we looked at beautiful Lake Huron. It was clean, roomy and they had a nice breakfast. This would be a nice place to bring your kids also. They had a large grassy area, a fire pit for nighttime s'mores or relaxing.

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with Best Western
Reviewed 14 July 2014

Stayed here on 6/30/14 with my husband & daughter. Nice, clean hotel - could use a little updating, but overall a nice place to stay. I was a little disappointed by the lakefront area. It would be nice if they cleaned up the shoreline, laid down some sand and made it a beach area.

Room Tip: If I stayed here again, I would not waste the extra money to get a lakeview room - it's not that...
  • Stayed: June 2014, travelled with family
1  Thank EKeane
Reviewed 14 July 2014

I recently stayed 2 nights at the St. Ignace Best Western on the Lakefront. It was over a weekend on Friday and Saturday nights. I had a wonderful stay here, and everything was excellent. It was one of the more pricy hotels on my vacation this time, but I felt it was well worth it. This was my 3rd time vacationing in the St. Ignace/Mackinaw City/Mackinac Island area. For some reason, I have always preferred St. Ignace as my lodging destination. This was my 2nd time staying at Best Western in St. Ignace, with my first time being about 10 years ago. I have also stayed at Holiday Inn Express and Quality Inn up the road, and I think that Best Western is my favorite choice of those 3. I had an excellent weekend, and really was sad to have to leave on Sunday morning!

I arrived to check in on Friday afternoon, pretty much right at 3:00, when check-in begins. Lots of people seemed to have the same idea, as it was packed in the lobby area at the front desk. I was waiting behind 5 or 6 people at the desk. However, 4 staff members were checking guests in, so the line went pretty fast. I was quickly checked in and on my way to the room. I had a lake view room with king bed in the Superior building on the 2nd floor. What an awesome room! The room was clean and comfortable for starters. I absolutely loved sitting out on my balcony to look at the lake. I spent lots of time relaxing on the balcony! Of the 4 buildings with rooms, Superior is probably the furthest from the lake, but I still really enjoyed my view. I had a nice view of the northern edge of Mackinac Island and Lake Huron. I was expecting to be closer to the lake, like in the Huron or Ontario building, but it was still a lake view and I felt it was adequate. After all, they said "lake view" not "lake side". I actually enjoyed that I got to "people watch" too with being further back. I spent lots of time Friday afternoon/evening sitting on my balcony. I was on Mackinac Island most of Saturday, but did get back to the hotel in time to watch the fireworks from my balcony. I didn't have the best view of those, but they were still cool to see! I loved the room with balcony and lake view, and it was hard tearing myself away on Sunday!

I also enjoyed using both the outdoor and indoor pools during my stay. These are both obviously "hits" with the children that stay here, but they are spacious enough that I was not bothered by them. The outdoor pool is huge, and so is the outdoor hot tub. I loved sitting in the outdoor hot tub. It was nice and comfortable with the cool breeze on Saturday night! A fitness room is available, but I did not use it. The breakfast was also very good both mornings. They have a nice selection of hot and cold items. There is tons of seating in the breakfast area, both inside and on an outdoor patio. No complaints about the breakfast; it is always nice having a free breakfast right at the hotel and saving money from having to eat out somewhere. There is also a bonfire every night at 9 PM down by the lake. I went down one of the nights and watched from the balcony the other night. This is a cool thing for a hotel to do! I loved it. I enjoyed the various amenities at this hotel. I also liked that I could walk everywhere from here. I literally parked my car Friday at 3:00 and did not get in it again until Sunday morning when I left. There are several wonderful restaurants within walking distance, and the ferry lines are within walking distance. It was nice to save on some gas and stay out of the car for a few days. I get so couped up in the car at times on vacation that it is nice to leave it behind for a while!

All in all I had a great weekend here; it went too fast! People who do not like walking outside between buildings might not like the set-up of this hotel, but I found the set-up really neat. It was like a little hotel community! I usually am not a fan of exterior corridors, like the Superior building has, but I did not mind it here. It would be nice if the Superior building had an elevator because I had to haul luggage up and down the stairs to the 2nd floor, but if that is my only complaint, this hotel must be doing something right! I believe the only building with an elevator is Ontario. This is now my go-to choice in St. Ignace, and I will be back when visiting this region again some time! I would highly recommend!

Stayed: July 2014, travelled solo
1  Thank Mark E
Reviewed 13 July 2014

This hotel is an excellent place to stay if you love a beautiful view, comfortable room, at a affordable price. The only thing was the other guests that fed the seagulls from their balcony early in the morning waking us up, but that was not the hotel's fault. Would stay there again in a heartbeat!

Stayed: July 2014, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 11 July 2014

We stayed just one night with 2 children....
The only issue this hotel has really is the separation of the buildings....it was raining(of course)..so you have a 5 minute walk in the rain to breakfast or to the indoor swimming pool(and back) ....no problem depending on weather.....we stayed in the ontario building (furthest away) They have multiple buildings but no rooms in the main building with lobby. We stayed in a hotel type room with an elevator and a private balcony but there are motel type rooms in other buildings (side by side)without balconies.

Great view, clean rooms.. good breakfast, good location (short walk to everything) A little more expensive than most places in st ignace.....but really st ignace is very reasonable for lodging.

Staff friendly and engaging........big breakfast area to eat....plenty of seating

Room Tip: Ontario building is the only lakeside rooms........other buildings are lakeview rooms but not on lak...
  • Stayed: July 2014, travelled with family
2  Thank kozmonator
Reviewed 11 July 2014

We took our family on a vacation in northern Michigan. This was a great place to start our UP adventure. We were able to spend time in St. Ignace, go to Mackinac Island, head up to Tahquamenon Falls and Pictured Rocks.

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled with family
#9 of 29 in Saint Ignace
Budget Host Inn & Suites
Budget Host Inn & Suites
#2 of 29 in Saint Ignace

Been to Best Western Harbour Pointe Lakefront? Share your experiences!