“Convenient Location, Good Service and Comfortable Room”

Quality Inn Saint Ignace
Ranked #16 of 29 Hotels in Saint Ignace
Reviewed 17 June 2014

This was the second time we stayed at this Quality Inn. It conveniently located just off of I-75 at the end of the Mackinaw Bridge. We only stayed one night on our way to northern and western UP, but the room was large, clean and comfortable enough to make it a good longer term base if you're visiting Mackinaw Island and other surrounding attractions. It is also only about 1.5 miles from downtown St. Ignace if you want to find a comprehensive restaurant (that is serves adult beverages) for dinner. We travel with our dogs and this is a dog friendly Inn with good walking areas including a small park across the road and about 100 yards away. Walking to the end of the drive allows a good view of Mighty Mac and the park is memorial to Pierre Marquette so there is interesting historical information available. I'm disabled and the bathroom is as well set-up as I could want with a very nice walk-in shower. The breakfast includes scrambled eggs and sausage, both of which were far better than I expect for a "free" motel breakfast. The ketchup on the tables has the Big Boy brand leading my wife to speculate that the eggs, sausage and gravy come from there. (It's about a quarter mile away). That could very well be. The staff are friendly and efficient and the room as clean as could be.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Ml W
MichiganLilly, General Manager at Quality Inn Saint Ignace, responded to this reviewResponded 19 June 2014

We do love our pets here and if you ever come back and need a pet sitter one of our friendly pet loving guest attendants would be more than will to dog sit anytime.
We are looking forward to providing you the same pleasant accommodations and service the next time you are in town. Again Thank you for choosing our hotel and the nice compliments you gave us. Have a pleasant summer.

Kind Regards,

Paula Mayer
Quality Inn St. Ignace

Reviewed 11 June 2014

It was just as I thought it would be,clean and a cheap rental. No elevator, a minus. The desk clerk was helpful. The room was clean and adequate for a road trip the bed was a queen and comfortable. I would stay again. The breakfast was adequate and the coffee was Seattle's Finest. The location on US 2 was easy in and out. There is a Big Boy Restaurant next store.

Stayed: June 2014, travelled solo
1  Thank Blakester76
MichiganLilly, General Manager at Quality Inn Saint Ignace, responded to this reviewResponded 16 June 2014

Dear Micheal,

Thank you for taking the time to complete our online survey regarding your recent stay at our hotel. We are glad you were able to be our guest!!!!

Paula Mayer
Quality Inn St. Ignace

Reviewed 31 March 2014

We thought our room was in need of some repairs. The bed was ok slept well but it was short lived people were not very quiet and seemed to be having a party outside our door. Would have been nice if the staff would have made them be quiet. I know that this may not have made the party seekers very happy but maybe I would not have been up for the day at 3:30 am. And I heard other guest say that they had not slept well with all the noise.

2  Thank Carol C
Reviewed 28 March 2014

We were just passing through and decided to stop because it was getting dark and the weather was getting bad. We stopped here and were just ready to go to bed. The staff was very friendly, the price was pretty good, beds were clean, and it wasn't too busy. Those were all good things. The not so good included the condition of the room and the breakfast. The room was in bad need of updating, the wallpaper was peeling in a number of places and had mold or mildew in one spot near the bed, the bathroom was as clean as it could get but was at the point where it wasn't going to look super clean no matter what. The breakfast was standard, and I guess I can't complain since it was free, but it wasn't all that great. If we had time we would have ate somewhere else.
Overall, if I was going through and needed a place to sleep for one night I would stay again because the staff was nice and the beds were clean.

1  Thank amyinmichigan
Reviewed 19 March 2014

We are a travelling hockey team who stayed here for a tournament. We were here in the dead of winter, if they didn't have the hockey teams stay with them they would have no occupancy at all! The rooms and lobby were great, but the staff made our stay pure hell! Never in my life have I been treated so unkindly. The rude tone of their staff towards us and our kids was not called for. Before even giving us a chance they were already yelling. We stay at many hotels and have never had an issue -- a true disappointment. We know a lot of people in the community and I will share our experience for sure!

5  Thank travellingmom4
MichiganLilly, General Manager at Quality Inn Saint Ignace, responded to this reviewResponded 21 March 2014

Thank you for taking the time to complete the online survey regarding your recent stay at our hotel.

On behalf of our entire team, I would like to apologize for failing to exceed your expectations. Your satisfaction is important to us. and we will be using the feedback you provided to make improvements to ensure we offer an exceptional experience for our guests in the future.

It seems as though our standard guest felt we don't do enough to contain the noise and unsupervised children. However, this team has given us much discussion and how we will handle Hockey teams in the furture. Again thank you for your Comments.

Reviewed 15 March 2014

The actual rooms and lobby is in good condition however I have never been treated so poorly by staff in my life. Not only were they unprofessional in how they spoke to adults but to our children as well. Front desk staff yelled at several kids in the hallway. When asked why they were being this way one staff member stated "do you want to do my job!" If you are planning on staying with children I would not stay at this hotel.

5  Thank brian n

Reviewed 24 February 2014

Their excellent and friendly staff went out of their way to accommodate our group under extenuating circumstances. With the Mackinac Bridge being closed for wind conditions, the staff was more than willing to cancel our reservations for the first night. Upon our arrival the next day they allowed us to have an early check in so that we could get our snowmobile gear on. The hotel itself was clean and comfortable and offered a quality breakfast. Looking forward to staying there again next year.

• Stayed: February 2014, travelled with friends