Holiday Inn Express St. Ignace-Lake Front
Like saving money? We search up to 200 sites for the lowest prices
Breakers Resort(Saint Ignace)
Vitek's Motel(Saint Ignace)
View Hotel
Quality Inn Lakefront(Saint Ignace)
Wayside Motel(Saint Ignace)
View Hotel
All reviewsmackinac islandroom was cleanside windowhot tubcinnamon rollstop floorgreat viewwater viewnice sizeyogurtsausagelakestferryseagullsqueenmi
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 3 July 2014

Spent one night here, passing through town on business. Since I wasn't there doing anything touristy I decided to stay on the St. Ignace side of the bridge, rather than Mackinaw, since it's a much quieter and more relaxed then Mackinaw at this time of year.

I thought this hotel was quite nice, it's an older property but apparently has seen quite a bit of updating as it's modern and in good condition. I would have liked to have had a microwave in my room but I had a fridge which was a pleasant surprise. I did find out later that you can rent a microwave from the front desk for $10 a day if you so desire so I'll keep that in mind when I'm back in the area.

The room was good sized and clean. The sink is not located inside the bathroom, which is something I don't care for but many older properties are like that. Wireless Internet worked well. The ancient AC unit did not but it was still on the cool side during my stay so I did not need it.

I thought the bed was very comfy, the mattress was a Simmons Beauty Rest Capitol Peak, which is a very plush mattress. If you like something firmer then you probably will not care for these but I like a mattress that you sink into and this is one of those.

I had a balcony with a beautiful view but as others have mentioned couldn't really use it due to the massive bug swarms. I will note that I think they were midge flies and while they look like mosquitos they don't bite so they were just an annoyance more then anything. Yes I was kind of bummed I couldn't use the balcony that I paid extra for but c'est la vie, it wasn't a huge deal.

Also, didn't care for the fact that the hotel only has one entrance, I would have liked to seen card readers on the side doors so you could go in that way if you wish.

All in all I enjoyed my stay though and the quality was what I expected from a Holiday inn Express. I will more then likely return if I'm in the area and don't feel like dealing with the Mackinaw crowds.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled on business
3  Thank AlCzervik1
UpN0rthGirl, Manager at Holiday Inn Express St. Ignace-Lake Front, responded to this reviewResponded 6 July 2014

Thank you for taking the time to review you stay with us! We are looking forward to seeing you again the next time you are in the St. Ignace area.

Reviewed 1 July 2014

This hotel is on the water and in a great location. We had a walk out patio just steps from the water. Unfortunately, the noise from above our room was extremely disruptive to our stay. The breakfast was standard with pancake machine, manufactured cheesy eggs, bagels/pastries, and cereal. I'd stay here again, as the beds were great. But I'd consider an upper floor room.

Room Tip: You can hear steps above you on the bottom floor.
  • Stayed: June 2014, travelled with family
2  Thank travels_with_2_tots
Reviewed 21 June 2014

Worst experience ever! Worst customer service ever! First to begin, made
reservation early in advance about a month ago wanted to plan a trip for my
sisters and my mom whom came to visit me from California for several days. I
decided to book a hotel at St, Ignace Michigan. I searched on line looking
through hotels and noticed good reviews about Holiday Inn looking over the lake.
So I booked for one night. When we arrived drove 5 hours tired just excited to
get in the room and rest. Looked very nice on line looking over the lake and
read good reviews about the hotel. So when we got there at the front desk, they
were confused of what room to give us. Took about a good 20 minutes deciding if
room was available for us even when I reserved 1month ahead of time. When we
went up to the room, we noticed mosquitoes swarmed outside the balcony and
inside the room, screen sliding door was halfway open where mosquitoes were even
inside the room and also screen door was old and ripped too. There were
mosquitoes everywhere in the room and got bitten several times...so when I
called the front desk and explained the situation, wonder if we could change
room because screen door was ripped and can't open the glass door, she claims
that we were in the room for long time and you can't change your room. I
explained we just got here and been in the room for 5 minutes. She said just a
minute to check and gets back on the phone and said you arrived in hour ago and
so I said okay check what time we booked in and again I explained we can't sleep
in this room where mosquitoes are in the room. She said okay after checking what
time we got here, she says but still we are fully booked. So I said can I get my
money back? And she put me on hold again and when she got back on the phone she
said we can transfer you to Comfort Inn for the same price $150 which was for
the price for Holiday Inn not Comfort Inn. Explaining to me they can give me
the Comfort Inn room for the same price. I explained ...no can I have my money
back. And she said just a minute and again puts me on hold and exclaims the
Manager will refund the money but demands we had to leave in 5 minutes or will
call the police for tress passing! I was stunned to hear such reply.
Disappointed with the service. I felt uncomfortable and wanted to leave soon as
possible. When we went down stairs to the front desk, I asked for the Manager
and he came and didn't even say a thing and gave me a sarcastic look and walked
away from me. When I asked for cancellation receipt, the girl at the front desk
said the Manager cancelled the reservation and there's no receipt. So I said can
you at least show me where it has been cancelled because it has already been
charged to my account...the lady then demands for me to leave the premises and
there is nothing to show me! The other associate demands I leave at once and if
I don't they will call the police! Shouting at me "GO! LEAVE! Like I was
nothing. Second class citizen attitude I felt from them. I have traveled all
over internationally and domestically and unfortunately experienced the ugly
side of Holiday Inn Hotel at St. Ignace Michigan.... Please be careful with
their false advertisement regarding best service and clean rooms.
I have been to many other Holiday Inn hotels and had real good service but
unfortunately this hotel is off my list of place to stay.

Room Tip: I do not recommend....Mosquitoes and bugs everywhere!!!! Old and run down hotel! I went couple hotels next door and reserved there....No bugs or Mosquitoes...at other hotels near by.
  • Stayed: June 2014, travelled with family
8  Thank lisab060614
UpN0rthGirl, Manager at Holiday Inn Express St. Ignace-Lake Front, responded to this reviewResponded 26 June 2014

At the Holiday Inn Express in St. Ignace we pride ourselves on providing the very best service to every guest. Very occasionally in order to provide that service it is necessary to remove a disruptive guest from the hotel. The author of the review was smoking in her room, in violation of Michigan State Law, she became combative with both front desk staff and management when asked to stop. She then attempted to defraud the hotel, which is a felony. We stand by our decision to remove the author of this complaint from the hotel. Any questions can be directed to the hotel at 906-643-0200.

Reviewed 6 June 2014 via mobile

Great customer service, clean rooms, comfy beds & teriffic breakfast. Had lake side room with balcony - beautiful. Staff were ALL helpful and friendly...and had a sense of humor. They really enjoyed their jobs and it showed. Will come back on our way back home! Just made our reservations for our return trip as we checked out.

Stayed: June 2014, travelled with friends
1  Thank Kathy M
Reviewed 1 June 2014

Arrived on Sunday afternoon to find all of St. Ignace under some sort of bug attack. Swarms of them - in your mouth, nose, under your glasses. We were informed that they're worse on Mackinaw Island, which was our activity for Monday before going on to Traverse Bay. - Realizing that, we wanted to cancel our Monday night reservation. NO! Three days in advance by 3:00 pm, because they're a tourist area. - If there was more to do here that would be fine but there's not. Their cancellation policy is different than the other Holiday Inn Express in Traverse Bay and Munising (also tourist areas) which let you cancel 24 hours in advance by 6:00 pm. And that's what I was told when I made the reservations here. - Even more aggravating because they clearly did not turn people way because we had reservations. We are paying the $80 and going on to Traverse Bay. Wouldn't stay here again.

• Stayed: June 2014
6  Thank 2KiKiKats
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Express St. Ignace-Lake Front, responded to this reviewResponded 18 June 2014

Dear 2KiKiKats,

Thank you for your recent stay with us and reviewing our property. I am sorry your stay was negatively affected due to the cancellation policy and for any inconvenience you may have encountered with the bug attack. Our hotel is very proud of its level of service, cleanliness and quality of its product and for this reason your comments are very troubling and will certainly be looked into. We take comments such as these very seriously and would like to follow up with you. I have sent you a private message in an effort to obtain more information.

Again, thank you and I look forward to hearing back from you very soon.

John O