“Running to Schu's!!!”

Cuisines: American
Dining options: Breakfast, After-hours, Outdoor Seating, Reservations
Dining options: Breakfast, After-hours, Outdoor Seating, Reservations
Reviewed 9 September 2018

Run, don't walk to Schu's! Yep, it's that good. Food, service and setting make it a "must eat at!" restaurant while in St. Joe's. Best part is after you're satiated with gastronomic delights, you can enjoy a leisurely stroll along the bluff. Note: they make a killer Manhattan.

Reviewed 31 August 2018 via mobile

We stopped here mainly because the tour bus we were on dropped us here. We walked around a lot and ended up back here since it was convenient.....and glad we did. We got a spot outside on the sidewalk, in the shade with a light breeze. I asked our waitress for her recommendations and was not disappointed. We had a Mediterranean Flatbread and a Caprese Burger with Sweet Potato Waffle Fries. Both were very tasty and would recommend them to others. In addition to good food, our waitress, Kayla, was very prompt and provide good service. We would come back here again as prices were reasonable.

Reviewed 25 August 2018

The view here over looks the bluff of Silver Beach, Lake Michigan. The restaurant itself is well decorated but confusing to get around in unless you have been there before. Host was dismissive and more interested in his conversation with the waiter than the customer. He walked away before I even got a chance to sit and ask a question. Although the place was not busy, it took a while for anyone to come to my table. I was told there was a special chicken dinner on Thursdays for $5.00 from the workers at a local retirement home. I didn't see any advertisement but was given a specials menu. It wasn't until l had sat there a while when I saw these dinners coming out. Here's the catch. You had to know about this special, they don't tell you about it. They also said you couldn't take out, it was in-house only as I wanted to bring a plate for a worker at the Retirement Home. I guess I understand but then again, what's up with that. Okay so I went back again a few weeks later and had a similar experience. Nice for a one time visit. I lived a block away for a year and never when back again after that. Worth a try if you are in the area but not worth going out of your way for. Seems like they don't go out of their way for the customer but that was just my limited experiences with this place. Hope it's better for others.

Reviewed 23 August 2018

We had a great meal on their patio. Good service and good food. Very enjoyable. I had the wedge and medallions, my wife the Michigan Cherry Salad with salmon. Very good. We loved the choices of food. And the great service. Chatted with a few other travelers.

Reviewed 20 August 2018

Have visited many times when we are in St. Joe. Sunday's dinner was great. Felicia our server was fantastic. She went out of her way to make our visit great!!.

Food was great too. We will be back and definitely ask to sit in Felicia's section again.