“Silver beach”
Review of Silver Beach Hotel

Silver Beach Hotel
Ranked #6 of 6 Hotels in Saint Joseph
Reviewed 7 August 2014

We stayed at the Silver Beach because we were attending a family wedding. It's probably the nicest hotel in St.Joesph and is ideally located close to town and the beach. The beach is very nice, clean and beautiful. The hotel itself is extremely overpriced for the value. The rooms are nothing fancy, reminiscent of an outdated Holiday Inn. The hotel staff was courteous and always helpful. Breakfast is included but is bare bones. The hotel needs to be updated. I wouldn't go back.

Room Tip: Request a room that faces the lake and not the busy road.
  • Stayed: July 2014, travelled with family
2  Thank WatsonA123

Reviewed 6 August 2014

This hotel is clean. As a solo traveler, I felt safe in this area. The price per night was $275 in the month of July. You are paying for location! The location is great - walking distance from local bars & restaurants & you are right on the beach.
By no means is it a 5 star hotel - I would probably rate it about 3 stars. I found a price of $90 at a hotel within 3 miles of this location that was just as nice. I would save your money unless you must be within walking distance. I am not sure if cabs exist in this location!

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled solo
1  Thank Kelly H
Reviewed 6 August 2014

I checked into this hotel because it was by the beach and walking distance from downtown St. Joseph and I was in complete shock when I opened the door to my room. It was so dirty, the sliding glass doors had handprints all over them, the bath tub was black with weird soap, shampoo, and conditioner dispensers in the shower. There was a layer of dust on the tables. The bed skirts were filthy. My family and I left because of how disgusting this hotel is. Do not stay here!!!

• Stayed: August 2014
7  Thank Melissa98762
Reviewed 5 August 2014

My husband & I booked the King Spa Suite for a romantic getaway. We have never stayed in any hotel in St. Joseph, Michigan. The pictures on the hotel website didn't quite match up with reality. The lobby area is beautiful but the rest of the hotel is in need of updating. We weren't impressed with the breakfast provided. We have been to much cheaper hotels that served a better breakfast. For the price we paid, I expected better accomodations!

• Stayed: August 2014, travelled as a couple
4  Thank millerwife
Reviewed 5 August 2014

We stayed this week with kids. We were nervous based on the reviews- but were pleasantly surprised! Its very close to everything, service is great, and our room is nice and big. Its not a fancy room- but ours was updated and clean. No complaints on the room. It was a king spa room - and appears recently updated- but not super swanky. The bed was very comfortable. Also- the view was beautiful- there is a river to the left and in the distance the lake. The town, parking lot and buildings are in view- but it is still very nice to stand on the balcony and enjoy. Beautiful beach, cite town, and good restaurants! Overall enjoyable stay.

• Stayed: August 2014
1  Thank mariah513
Reviewed 5 August 2014

My husband and i with our 2 small children stayed here. It was in a good location to the local restaurants and sight seeing. The room itself was average. I thought the beds were comfortable. It was small but it served its purpose. The staff i thought couldve been friendly. The front desk were decent but there was a worker working the breakfast who was very rude. We ended up leaving a day early, and the front desk refunded us without any questions or pushback.

• Stayed: July 2014
1  Thank Carlie v
Reviewed 5 August 2014

The only good thing about this hotel is the location.
Other than that, it is ridiculously overpriced for what it is. It looks like they tried to renovate it without success. The room was dirty, employers looked unhappy. The general manager had a lost look on her face as if she did not know where to start to turn the place around.
We booked online and had a slight discount on the room though as other reviews stated, for the prices they charge, you do expect more.

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled with family
Econo Lodge
#4 of 6 in Saint Joseph
Hilton Garden Inn Benton Harbor / St. Joseph
Comfort Suites St.Joseph / Stevensville

Been to Silver Beach Hotel? Share your experiences!