Dove Nest Bed and Breakfast
Like saving money? We search up to 200 sites for the lowest prices
View Hotel
Motel 6 Benton Harbor(Benton Harbor)
View Hotel
All reviewsroyal oakb bvictoria roomblue skydowntown stamazing hostseach morningour honeymoonwatching the birdslate arrivalelectric fireplacewarm hostsmin drivecherry piedeck overlooking the pondboth morningswine country
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 13 July 2012

This was the first time my boyfriend and I have been to a Bed and Breakfast. The room, atmosphere, and breakfast was outstanding. The owners were very friendly and accommodating. I would suggest this to others who are looking for a B&B and would definitely come back.

3  Thank DTMKnight
Reviewed 9 July 2012

The extensive grounds are outstanding, so take time to spend to luxuriate in them. The owners, John and Jitka, go out of their way to make you feel comfortable. John designed and built the home and did the landscaping, too. He's a genius. The 3 course breakfast is one of the best we've ever had at a B&B. The only negative is that the pre-dinner appetizers are a sweet treat. We've usually had wine and light snacks at B&Bs, so were disappointed because we didn't want something sweet before dinner. The Royal Oak room is the most expensive, but it has its own deck to relax in.

2  Thank Gerri777
Reviewed 7 July 2012

My husband and I have stayed at many B&B's, and this one ranks right up toward the top. Excellent accommodations - elegant bath and bedroom with gorgeous walnut flooring and one of the most comfortable beds we've slept in. John and Jitka are naturals as innkeepers - super friendly and gracious. Their grounds are lovely and include a pond stocked with colorful fish, and their breakfast was delicious. All in all, a perfect stay.

• Stayed: June 2012, travelled with family
3  Thank Jean F
Reviewed 6 July 2012

My husband and I were looking to get away for our 9th wedding anniversary and decided on the Dove's Nest in St. Joe Michigan. We were a little nervous because we had never stayed at a Bed and Breakfast before. We quickly found out there was no need to be nervous! John and Jitka were such wonderful hosts! They made us feel very welcome and we thoroughly enjoyed our stay! The room we stayed in was spacious, beautifully decorated and very clean. The bed and sheets were extremely comfortable. John and Jitka prepared wonderful breakfasts and served them on the deck. We ate each morning surrounded by beautiful scenery. The food was presented so elegantly. I am allergic to gluten and Jitka was very considerate of this and made sure I had plenty to eat. I did not go hungry! There is nothing negative to say about the Dove's Nest. John and Jitka go above and beyond for their guests. They put a lot of time, thought and attention to everything they do for their guests. It was hard to leave this wonderful place. We had such a great visit and we will definitely be back again soon.

3  Thank Jennifer A
Reviewed 2 July 2012

My husband and I stayed here for our wedding night recently and it was truly gorgeous. John and Jitka were extremely welcoming and their attention to detail shows throughout the house. The property is well manicured and very quiet. We stayed in the Royal Oak room and it was perfect, down to the chocolates on the pillows! They even offer room service in the morning to bring you coffee! Our room had a gorgeous view of the pond and its own private balcony overlooking the garden behind the house. In the morning we were served a delicious three course breakfast that was both healthy and hearty. We highly recommend it!

• Stayed: June 2012, travelled as a couple