“Busy-service was slow but they made it right and then some!”
Review of Papa Vino's

Papa Vino's
Ranked #26 of 103 Restaurants in Saint Joseph
Cuisines: Italian
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed 8 August 2013

I dropped in for dinner. They were packed. I sat at a high top in the bar (normally I hate high tops, but I was hungry!)

Ordered a Tuscan chicken salad and a beer. They gave me (a table of one) a whole foot long loaf of hot fresh bread with browned garlic and olive oil.. it was lovely! Good thing for the bread: the salad wasn't delivered for a loaf of bread and a whole Peroni (about 30 minutes). I did not complain because the bread was filling and the beer was great. When the alad came though, I asked, "Where's the Chicken?" OOPS Waiter and chef apologized and explained that there was a duplicate order with no chicken (mine was ordered no blue cheese) and as I said, they were swamped.

Since the bread was filling anyway, I said, OK: just forget the chicken. Let me say the salad was incredible! greens, fresh sliced apples, dried cherries added a succulent complexity to the flavor and topped with a gentle and tasty creamy balsamic... the salad was heaven! I am happy I didn't get the chicken as it would have been too much. Anyway; the manager came and apologized profusely for the slow service. I assured him I understood these things happen and it was really OK. He insisted to give me $20 credit for my next visit (I will use this!) AND he comped my meal. I didn't ask for anything nor complain a bit but they were insistent that I allow them to make it right. In my mind, their insistence and generosity shows that they do not often make these mistakes, so I will certainly be back: Besides, the food was wonderful and the ambiance was reminiscent of a Godfather movie.

Good Italian, Great people and I am assuming normally great service too! Priced moderately and was very clean too. Give it a try!

Reviewed 19 July 2013

As you may have noticed, I posted a previous review on this establishment. Up until yesterday, we've always sat in the bar area & have always had excellent customer service. Last night the bar tables were full & so were seated in the main dining room. I ordered my son's meal (cheese pizza) immediately with our drink order so to have it come out as soon as possible. I ordered a side Papa Vino's salad & shrimp & scallop scampi a few minutes later. Everything came out all at once. I had to stop our waitress every time for a refill & when I mentioned the food issue she offered no apology but stated that shouldn't have happened. Had to ask the manager for our bill & to wrap our leftovers as our waitress never came back. Mentioned the issue to the manager who asked if I wanted a piece of dessert, I declined. Do not bother sitting in the dining room as it seems there's a different level of service between the bar area & main dining. Children's cheese pizza is our sons favorite & is huge! You can replace pasta with veggies which is a nice alternative.

Reviewed 16 July 2013

With the linen table clothes & napkins, I had high hopes for this place, the items on the menu sounded so good but the food was no where as good as what it sounded like. Actually the chicken in my dish tasted like pre cooked frozen things from the grocery store. Was not at all worth the money we paid. Large salad was nothing but lettuce with 2 olives. ( two ) No tomatoes no onion no carrots, just lettuce and 2 olives.

Reviewed 13 July 2013

Lame menu, over priced. Too many other local joints much better. I am not against chain restaurants but I just can't see trying this chain anywhere outside Saint Joseph either.

Reviewed 30 May 2013 via mobile

Absolutely phenomenal service! if dining with children booths in the 'bar area' are great! Recommend the Papa's Salad, definitely enough for 2. Can't go wrong with bacon, blue cheese & Papa's dressing. Bread is phenomenal! Recommend the rotini & crabmeat. House chianti is great for the price!